read this

IF Hughes does join Donny he has every chance of being back in this division rather soon. Would think he was going purely for wages rather than footballing ambition. We will see soon enough.

sadly nearly all players go for money than ambition , long gone has the word loyality in a footballer player today

They are often right in that paper and I read it this morning. However, there was no hard evidence, quotes etc so it has to be taken with a pinch of salt IMHO.

why couldnt hughes have signed before the cup games? or in time for the replay?

i dont think the cup is their main reason for wanting to sign him.

just more speculation i think

why couldnt hughes have signed before the cup games? or in time for the replay?

i dont think the cup is their main reason for wanting to sign him.

just more speculation i think

I think the point is that they wouldn't be able to afford him if they don't go through?? :unsure:

I spoke to Hughsey today in the spindles. I told him that he'd said to me that he wanted to stay and was only waiting for a contract offer from the club as he hadn't had one yet. So today I said, so come on how come you've not signed it cos you've had it now...are you off? He told me they are still in talks as this is his last contract and it as to be right. I replied so you want more money? he said It needs to be right. Like any good news hound I repeated so you want more money. He relpied that and one or two bits, but I still want to stay.

I think the point is that they wouldn't be able to afford him if they don't go through?? :unsure:

That's what us Rovers fans seem to think. It's expensive in the Championship and the increase in revenue has only been matched by the increase in player wages (5 million a year now for us and that's the second lowest in the division only Blackpool are lower). It's ridiculously hard to compete financially in the Championship for clubs like us (even the smaller teams who've been established a year or two spend million pound plus on players). Cup progress will gives us 75k prize money and then tv rights from the next round plus all the other bits of income and a 15000 crowd at the Keepmoat. Without that I doubt we'd afford him as I've heard we'll now offer you just cash for him.