In the cold light of day

As someone who has been particularly vociferous about Shez's shortcomings I am not going to blame Shez for yesterday (well completely blame him him anyway). Many of us on here are shell-shocked, not because of the result but because once and for all I think the argument of Smalley and Taylor down the wings has well and truly been put to bed. Many of us felt this was the way to go and we'd sweep all before us, well perhaps we've got it wrong, perhaps Shez bowed to pressure and perhaps his square pegs in round holes policy of playing an out and out midfielder wide does make us more compact and harder to beat.

Onto yesterday, if we're honest...for weeks we've been getting away with it a tad and a heavy defeat has been on its way, i'm not going to blame indidviduals as collectively we were crap, (some fans included yer white haired tosser!) What matters now is that this game has gone, despite my misgivings over Shez he gets until the end of the season, bringing someone new in would only set us further back. I can take losing, by Christ in 23 years following the blues you get used to it. Fortunately, abject disinterested and downright incompetent displays like yesterday are few and far between. The worry for me is how do we change it? Well yesterday we played the dream team and it was destroyed, Stockport is doubly hard now as instead of worrying about our threats, teams now know our major weaknesses.

Allott has to start on Saturday and a loan full-back is imperative now, Kelvin's confidence must be shot to bits after that. The midfield has to get back to linking with the strikers because the service yesterday to two top strikers was deplorable. Windass and Hughes hardly had a kick yet the former still managed to hit the post. We need to regroup as a squad, forget the transfer rumours because on that showing none of you deserve or are good enough for a move and come out fighting against Stockport.

Keep the Faith it's going to be a rough few games I think.

As someone who has been particularly vociferous about Shez's shortcomings I am not going to blame Shez for yesterday (well completely blame him him anyway).

Exactly mate, it was the same team that put in a competent performance against Hartlepool, if he`d tinkered then maybe he could take the fall, but i think for once it`s time to actually not look at slating Shez, because there wasnt much he could do about yesterday. The blame is firmly with the players, and come next Saturday, they need to stand up and show us all some heart and desire.

As someone who has been particularly vociferous about Shez's shortcomings I am not going to blame Shez for yesterday (well completely blame him him anyway). Many of us on here are shell-shocked, not because of the result but because once and for all I think the argument of Smalley and Taylor down the wings has well and truly been put to bed. Many of us felt this was the way to go and we'd sweep all before us, well perhaps we've got it wrong, perhaps Shez bowed to pressure and perhaps his square pegs in round holes policy of playing an out and out midfielder wide does make us more compact and harder to beat.

Onto yesterday, if we're honest...for weeks we've been getting away with it a tad and a heavy defeat has been on its way, i'm not going to blame indidviduals as collectively we were crap, (some fans included yer white haired tosser!) What matters now is that this game has gone, despite my misgivings over Shez he gets until the end of the season, bringing someone new in would only set us further back. I can take losing, by Christ in 23 years following the blues you get used to it. Fortunately, abject disinterested and downright incompetent displays like yesterday are few and far between. The worry for me is how do we change it? Well yesterday we played the dream team and it was destroyed, Stockport is doubly hard now as instead of worrying about our threats, teams now know our major weaknesses.

Allott has to start on Saturday and a loan full-back is imperative now, Kelvin's confidence must be shot to bits after that. The midfield has to get back to linking with the strikers because the service yesterday to two top strikers was deplorable. Windass and Hughes hardly had a kick yet the former still managed to hit the post. We need to regroup as a squad, forget the transfer rumours because on that showing none of you deserve or are good enough for a move and come out fighting against Stockport.

Keep the Faith it's going to be a rough few games I think.

Decent post Prozac.

Like the rest of us on the bus back home last night, it was difficult to put into words the bebacle we witnessed. A mixture of anger and bewiderment had set in.

As you say, in the cold light of day you see things differently. You can dwell on individual errors for all 5 goals, but at the end of the day, for me it is will we learn the lessons? Will the manager learn from the mistake he made today? Will the players pull together on the training pitch this morning?

The next week is so important to our season. The manager and the players have 6 days to sort themselves out as another abject performance and result next saturday must not happen or we could go into free fall.

Cheers,

Harry

Decent post Prozac.

Like the rest of us on the bus back home last night, it was difficult to put into words the bebacle we witnessed. A mixture of anger and bewiderment had set in.

As you say, in the cold light of day you see things differently. You can dwell on individual errors for all 5 goals, but at the end of the day, for me it is will we learn the lessons? Will the manager learn from the mistake he made today? Will the players pull together on the training pitch this morning?

The next week is so important to our season. The manager and the players have 6 days to sort themselves out as another abject performance and result next saturday must not happen or we could go into free fall.

Cheers,

Harry

We also had to endure the drone of 'yaaarkshire yaaarkshire'. I and a few others couldn't see the funny side.......if there was one.

Prozac did come up with a good point yesterday. 3 years in and Shez still hasn't a full time left back........why?

Oh and agree with his summary of yesterday.

Three years and we have had some really good left-backs....Charlton, Bertrand and Jones. The problem is, as with all left sided players, good ones are hard to come by. I dont think Sheridan wants to stick any old left footer there, he wants to make sure what money he has is used wisely and a good player is signed for that position. Until recently Lomax was doing OK there, and I think Shez has always seen him as a stopgap. It now looks like we desperately need a left back to replace him, so I hope we find another good 'un this week.

Don't really care Andy. We have a left footed centre half/left back sat on the bench who has played in that position for us. I think Lee would serve us better feeding the two up front.

I agree, he looks like an attacker to me, but I'm far from convinced with Stam in his best position, never mind out wide. Dodgy positioning combined with him being lightening slow these days isn't a good combination at full back