how to repair damage against stockport

sick and tired of reading constant trolling of yesterdays result now,its over move on...we now have a must win game against our local rivals next week,otherwise we can forget auto and have to rely on lottery of playoffs..

so how can we beat stockport next week....any ideas????

change formations,drop or rest players....whats the answer...

for me midfield is crucial,we havent got it right all season and teams have walked all over us,get this right and the rest should fall into place....i think we will scrape it 2-1 against stocky.

Alot of hard work this week, and extreme caution when deciding who to pick - no changes for the sake of it without very good tactical reason.

i think he needs to shuffle the pack so to speak...lomax needs taking out of the firing line,any decent manager would see the recent games he hasnt done well...leaving him in the team and letting him carry on is no good for anybody...

i would shock em and go 4-5-1..pack midfield and dont let them play,leave hughes up alone being supported by pace down the flanks...

he needs to do something....another second half season capitulation and hes gone,no matter how long and how well respected he is.

We need to address both full back positions. Time and time again crosses pile in form these area's and it's not just the full backs that need to be looked at, the wide midfield/wingers need to tighten up these area's. However I really believe we need two good full backs even though defensively the record isn't that bad. Start with a solid base that during games can move higher and higher up the pitch to concentrate play in the opponents half. That way Latics will have more passing options nearer goal and more opportunity to feed the balls into the front two who shoud be working to find the space that as left as the oppo have to pick up more Latics players forward.

We've started more and more to play square balls across the park without enough speed to pull the oppo about and find the gaps. This is why people are saying we haven't got a ball player cos it's noticeable that not enough penetrating balls to the strikers are being made. Earlier in the season we were more direct in playing the ball forward and not so much short passes across in the middle of the park. The oppo is being allowed to sit with 2 banks accross the park in comfort.

Edited by Lags

Only Shez and the coaches know whether yesterday was really a one off abortion, a result of failed tactics, or something more worrying. Whether to drop Lomax depends, I think, very much on how he reacts this week. Stam is less than convincing at leftback so unless we sign a leftback on loan before Saturday I'd be cautious. Not sure about 4-5-1 ... although with Windass dropping off that's more or less what we played anyway.

For me, Lee needs to come in at fullback .. he`s played there before and played well, he can`t do any worse! LB is another matter, i like Lomax but he`s been poor recently, but more worringly he`s a young kid and his head will be down ... meaning he`ll probably continue to struggle. It has to be Allott and Maher come Sat to, 2 players who`ll get stuck in and not shy out (like whitts!!), id also drop Whitts completely, put Steptens on the bench instead, if he`s a gooder prospect as people are saying then theres no harm in it.

We need to address both full back positions. Time and time again crosses pile in form these area's and it's not just the full backs that need to be looked at, the wide midfield/wingers need to tighten up these area's. However I really believe we need two good full backs even though defensively the record isn't that bad. Start with a solid base that during games can move higher and higher up the pitch to concentrate play in the opponents half. That way Latics will have more passing options nearer goal and more opportunity to feed the balls into the front two who shoud be working to find the space that as left as the oppo have to pick up more Latics players forward.

We've started more and more to play square balls across the park without enough speed to pull the oppo about and find the gaps. This is why people are saying we haven't got a ball player cos it's noticeable that not enough penetrating balls to the strikers are being made. Earlier in the season we were more direct in playing the ball forward and not so much short passes across in the middle of the park. The oppo is being allowed to sit with 2 banks accross the park in comfort.

To get back on track - Lags is right. We have signed a left back in Scott Golbourne so let's turn our attention to the right back position.

Options:

1. Eardley

2. Lee

3. Hazell

4. Loanee before Saturday

Which would you choose? For me it's a choice between being bold (bring in Lee) and risk playing an unfamiliar back four or stick with Eardley.

Now for the midfield....

To get back on track - Lags is right. We have signed a left back in Scott Golbourne so let's turn our attention to the right back position.

Options:

1. Eardley

2. Lee

3. Hazell

4. Loanee before Saturday

Which would you choose? For me it's a choice between being bold (bring in Lee) and risk playing an unfamiliar back four or stick with Eardley.

Now for the midfield....

Ideal situation is that we get a young and energetic player in before Saturday to play right back. If he could be a full international, highly rated by other clubs and be known by the resy of the team, well I don't think you could ask for more.

Oh, wait a minute........ :idea: Neal Eardley for me.