48 hours on

Hereford 5 Oldham Athletic 0, no matter how :censored:e it was, it is now a mere result, a stat within a season. Time to look forward and before we play Leicester, 3 of the next 4 are at home. Lets see whether the players and management want it as much as the fans. Should be an interesting 15 days, bring it on!

Hereford 5 Oldham Athletic 0, no matter how :censored:e it was, it is now a mere result, a stat within a season. Time to look forward and before we play Leicester, 3 of the next 4 are at home. Lets see whether the players and management want it as much as the fans. Should be an interesting 15 days, bring it on!

All winnable in my opinion as well. We always rise to the big games so i think it's perfectly plausable that Scunthorpe could be a win. Here's hoping. Just a shame we throw opportunities like the Hereford game away so often where we have the chance to really turn up the heat and take some pressure off ourselves to keep winning.

On reflection, I think we turned up with too much complacency and expecting a win to be a foregone conclusion.

Hereford, on the other hand, had not played a game in several weeks, were probably chomping at the bit, especially in front of a home crowd. They had a few new players (Ainsworth being the most notable in terms of performance) which were an unknown quantity to Latics and also they were the underdogs and had nothing to lose.

It was reported that Sheridan wanted to "catch them cold" after their lack of match action. Unfortunately, it went the opposite and they certainly caught us cold - five times, in fact.

Fair play to them for showing more professionalism than Latics did, they will probably never score another five in one game in the foreseeable future.

The home games are definitely winnable if the right attitude and application is applied. Stockport are my main worry, but, then again, they may come here with an air of complacency after the weekend's results and hopefully they will be first in line for the backlash.

MysticNikki :wink:

On reflection, I think we turned up with too much complacency and expecting a win to be a foregone conclusion.

MysticNikki :wink:

The players maybe...certainly not me, I predicted a tonking on the way down! :grin: Latics fans know the score and tbh we really shouldn't have been as shell shocked as we were. As I said some weeks back, the club motto should be 'Oldham Athletic, kicking its' faithful in the bollocks since 1895'

In 1991 we got beat by Oxford 5-1 away from home. No one seems to remember that result but do seem to remember how we did over the season. Everyone has an offday every so often.

In 1991 we got beat by Oxford 5-1 away from home. No one seems to remember that result but do seem to remember how we did over the season. Everyone has an offday every so often.

That Oxford debacle has been mentioned by several on here over the weekend.

The next game after Oxford saw us beat Port vale 2-0 and we won four and drew two of the six games immediately after Oxford. We only lost four during the remainder of the season and finished as Champions.

I feel much better after that. Onwards and upwards! :grin:

That Oxford debacle has been mentioned by several on here over the weekend.

The next game after Oxford saw us beat Port vale 2-0 and we won four and drew two of the six games immediately after Oxford. We only lost four during the remainder of the season and finished as Champions.

I feel much better after that. Onwards and upwards! :grin:

and we also lost to Hull, who went on to get relegated