Fao Shez

I had a mate who was drinking in the same pub as Hughes in Scouthead 3 days before we played hudds at home, when he texted me at the time i was annoyed, 3 days will still affect the training in the run up to games - especially as he was hitting it hard

Your right buddy, Alcohol can and does dehydrate the Human body for up to 5 days depending on the size and mass of the person drinking along with their BMI.

If these rumnours and conjecture are true, there is a lack of desire by the players concerned in my book.

Injury, rehabilitation and Cardio Fitness will also be affected by sleep deprivation, poor diet and drinking alcohol - I hope the players are told and explained this.

Your right buddy, Alcohol can and does dehydrate the Human body for up to 5 days depending on the size and mass of the person drinking along with their BMI.

If these rumnours and conjecture are true, there is a lack of desire by the players concerned in my book.

Injury, rehabilitation and Cardio Fitness will also be affected by sleep deprivation, poor diet and drinking alcohol - I hope the players are told and explained this.

I know he was in the boozer 3 nights before that game, didn't come on here and start spreading what could've been construed as a mis-informed rumour at the time, but while my mate (who is also latics) was having a beer (or a JD and coker in Hughes' case) I couldn't help think o the Saturday coming up - players have a right to a social life but dinking 3 nights before??

the fact that i was sat in work while being told he was having a beer didn't help either :naughty:

Not unfair perhaps slightly harsh BUT its possibly the fine line between a Kilkenny reaching his potential. Richards appears too busy with the lass of Corrie by all accounts. (Blanche! or is it Rossie?). Many young lads fall by the wayside with obvious talent. Gorton, Kenny etc

By all accounts big Norm looks after himself as does Windass and whilst they might be drinkers train bloody hard which appears to have given them long careers.

If you have less talent than a scholes and dream of the big pay day perhaps you should do ALL you can to improve your fitness, reputation as a professional sportsman. Just an opinion.

Agreed :wink: and you're spot on about Norm and Windy, a lot of people suggest they're 'big' - they are far from overweight and like you say, they must be training damn hard to maintain performance levels at that standard for their age.

I know he was in the boozer 3 nights before that game, didn't come on here and start spreading what could've been construed as a mis-informed rumour at the time, but while my mate (who is also latics) was having a beer (or a JD and coker in Hughes' case) I couldn't help think o the Saturday coming up - players have a right to a social life but dinking 3 nights before??

the fact that i was sat in work while being told he was having a beer didn't help either :naughty:

There's a lot of 'high-horse' rubbish going on on this thread...3 days before is bad...5 days before is bad...funny how these kind of threads crop up after defeats. At the end of the day they are human and they train hard so why shouldn't they. Without knowing their entire diet and fitness regime no-one can sit in a position and judge.

By the way coffee dehydrates the body just as badly, guess we should be reporting the players when we see them in Costa Coffee. It's all about the rehydration and continuing the exercise on a daily basis.