Well played Lomax

After all the abuse he has had from those who cannot understand why he has struggled recently he again showed them today why the abuse is unfair. Kelvin Lomax is a right back. When he played that position with Jones at left back he was better than Eardley.

Jones goes, Eardley comes into RB and Kelvin is moved to LB and it goes pear shaped. Today we have a left back and Lomax goes back to RB and back to ab excellent performnace that Eardley does not match. No balls into the invisible man in the corner, just solid pass and move and accurate balls into the forwards

After all the abuse he has had from those who cannot understand why he has struggled recently he again showed them today why the abuse is unfair. Kelvin Lomax is a right back. When he played that position with Jones at left back he was better than Eardley.

Jones goes, Eardley comes into RB and Kelvin is moved to LB and it goes pear shaped. Today we have a left back and Lomax goes back to RB and back to ab excellent performnace that Eardley does not match. No balls into the invisible man in the corner, just solid pass and move and accurate balls into the forwards

good , lets keep it that way now, put eardley up for sale with a price ticket thats not too high.

good , lets keep it that way now, put eardley up for sale with a price ticket thats not too high.

abit shakey at times but to be fair he had alot to do in the 1st half with them basicly havin a free man out wide and he was bril. hes had abit of stick lately but to be honest id like to see eardley play at left back

i doubt hed do any better than lomax. well played

Not trying just to create a fuss, but i thought kelvin was poor for large parts of the game today.

He needs a rest - to many of his balls go straight to the feet of opposition players.

although, fair play to him, he bombed forward alot more today and put some good balls in.

And just before anyone says, I do infact rate lomax, but not infront of an in form N.E.

Once again a pro Lomax post has to include anti Eardley nonsense. Lomax might have been good t'day, against a team who offered very little attacking wise, had Eardley played would he have done considerably worse? No. Lomax can look great when we are dominating a game and doesn't have to do much defending, he's awesome at that. Didn't their one goal come from their left hand side?

In fact, I'll stop arguing on behalf of Eardley, we'll just see who goes on to play at a higher level. :)

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Once again a pro Lomax post has to include anti Eardley nonsense

Agreed,no need to bring Eardley into it at all. Some fans just can't resist sticking the knife in even when we win. Just be happy for once can't you ?

Lomax played good today, but it was quite clear he was low on confidence after a shaky start. You could tell Stockport picked up on this and his performance against Hereford as many balls were hit down their left flank to their winger (Howe?). However, I think if Eardley wasn't suspended, he would have been on the bench for todays game. He proved some wrong in the end though and his performance and confidence picked up as the game went on.

Not trying just to create a fuss, but i thought kelvin was poor for large parts of the game today.

He needs a rest - to many of his balls go straight to the feet of opposition players.

although, fair play to him, he bombed forward alot more today and put some good balls in.

And just before anyone says, I do infact rate lomax, but not infront of an in form N.E.

agreed

....too many of his balls go straight to the feet of opposition players.

He was no worse than the player with the worst distribution today - Hughes.

Good game for the lad in his natural position - started off shaky but got better. Good to see the Chaddy get behind him when he cleared one.

Once again a pro Lomax post has to include anti Eardley nonsense. Lomax might have been good t'day, against a team who offered very little attacking wise, had Eardley played would he have done considerably worse? No. Lomax can look great when we are dominating a game and doesn't have to do much defending, he's awesome at that. Didn't their one goal come from their left hand side?

In fact, I'll stop arguing on behalf of Eardley, we'll just see who goes on to play at a higher level. :)

Poor Lomax, he just can't win. I thought he had a reasonable, solid game without being spectacular and managed to get forward a bit. I think he works well on that flank, but will probably give way to Eardley next week. He should use the rest to strengthen himself mentally.

Incidentally, the goal came from Stockports right and Golbourne missed it, thankfully, he made that early clearance otherwise it could have been two and he would have been up for some Lomax-type stick. :grin:

I was going to post and say that KL had an improved game this afternoon after the debacle at Hereford where he was particularly culpable.

What amazes me is that the OP has to start a diatribe about Eardley. How utterly pathetic.

Basically Kelvin kept a place in the starting line up by virtue of the fact that NE got booked at Hereford last week for showing more passion in 1 second of madness than KL had all afternoon. But hey ho.

Turning to this afternoon, KL put in a much improved performance, but remained shaky and nervous at times. That said, he looked tighter and recieved good supprt from Hazel and Gregan who were talking to him all afternoon, something which i am sure went unnoticed by most.

Would the pro Lomax posters have been on here tonight if Stockport had had Ainsworth playing against KL this afternoon? The fact of the matter is that Stockport were nothing like the threat that Herford were last week and in comparison KL had an easy afternoon, so please don't introduce the NE V KL debate.

Will KL keep his place on Tuesday against a team who will cause us more problems that County did today? I don't know ask Shez.

Cheers,

Harry

im glad Lomax played because his confidence will be back now. He did fairly well. However i would still play eards on tues.

New lad looked better than Lomax is at LB but nothing special. Made a few mistakes.

He also made a great clearance in the first few minutes that, had it gone in, could have resulted in an entirely different game and outcome.

He also made a great clearance in the first few minutes that, had it gone in, could have resulted in an entirely different game and outcome.

Thought that was Golbourne who knocked it off the line - after McSweeney had gone round Fleming a minute before Whitaker's goal.

Thought that was Golbourne who knocked it off the line - after McSweeney had gone round Fleming a minute before Whitaker's goal.

It was Golbourne who kicked it off the line. Fair play though I have been one of those who nailed Lomax all week and wouldnt have played him because the lads confidence would have been very low although thought he did well. Well done lad!

I thought Kelvin did well today, I thought he needed a rest but looked confident on the right.

TBH All the nonsense about Eardley that is spouted needs to be curtailed, do we expect more because he has trained/played with Wales? He is still young and learning as is Kelvin

What today showed is that we have two of the best RBs in the league, though one is consistently barracked and one has played out o f position and done well until the last few weeks.

Both are valuable members of what will hopefully be a promotion winning squad

I think Lomax may have learnt more about himself today than he did last week.

We all know he had a mare at Hereford, and it could have gone badly wrong today - started ok, but then went into panic mode when he fluffed a clearance and very nearly gave them a wonderful chance. The good part was how he dealt with that and performed for the rest of the game - he showed real character to step back from the edge, calm down, and do his job. Well done to him, and I think another step forward in his career. I rate him as a good young full back with a solid future at this level, possibly a level higher.

The bad news for Kelvin, in the immediate term at least, is that I doubt he's going to have the opportunity to build on that performance with a run in the team at right back. Because good as he is, Eardley is better and should start on Tuesday. The good news for us is that we have a capable, two footed full back ready to step in when needed.

It didn't, but I suspect if Lomax had been as slow as Golbourne was at trying to cut out the cross, he'd have taken a load of abuse on these boards for it.

It was a rather well worked goal.

It was Lomax who allowed the guy the free header .... and the reason Golbourne wasn't closing down was b/c he was marking his man in the corner when gregan's block tackle fell to their crosser

My god there's some :censored:e talked on here, Lomax looked extremely nervous and uncertain at the start of the game, but as the match wore on he did a little better and his confidence appeared to improve (he certainly did not have a good game as Stockport did not exactly have us with our backs to the wall)

He is a very uncertain defender on either flank to me, for people to seriously and honestly think he is better than Eardley beggars belief.

If Eardley had not been suspended he would have played at RB yesterday and will play ay RB on Tuesday, he is totally different class to Lomax in every aspect of his game.

My god there's some :censored:e talked on here, Lomax looked extremely nervous and uncertain at the start of the game, but as the match wore on he did a little better and his confidence appeared to improve (he certainly did not have a good game as Stockport did not exactly have us with our backs to the wall)

He is a very uncertain defender on either flank to me, for people to seriously and honestly think he is better than Eardley beggars belief.

If Eardley had not been suspended he would have played at RB yesterday and will play ay RB on Tuesday, he is totally different class to Lomax in every aspect of his game.

Here here

Spot on mate. No offence to young Kelvin, probably a nice lad but he'll never be in Eardley's class

but eardley was suspended and we had a capable replacement in lomax,and to say as the game wore on he only did a little better is way off the mark imo,still think eardley is the better fullback of the two but any praise lomax gets is totally justified,your first eight words of your post are very true,your post being one of them.ktf.