Chaddy vs Rocky Road End debate

got STs in Chaddy but swapped for RRE yesterday - got good seats right next to divide and atmosphere was rockin !. Stood up for full 90 mins without any probs. Will deffo swap tickets where poss for rest of the season and deffo renew in RRE next year - CRE has lost its atmosphere at mo and RRE miles better quality stand. and tons better atmosphere when a bit of rivallry and banter with away fans IMHO ..... mind you ,it has LDB tho !!! <_<

Dont come in the RRE then...go and try and make an atmosphere in the Chaddy. Good luck :wink:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not my intention. Surely though it's relevant to a discussion of the location of the drummer that a large family group no longer feel able to go to Latics games because one of them was required to go to a Police station to be interviewed on false allegations of assault? It puts a different flavour on, "If you don't like it, move," especially as the bloke did move only to find himself followed to deliberately piss him off. Don't go crying wolf about me.

grow up and get over it :lol:

grow up and get over it :lol:

Is it just me who attracts :lol: :lol: :lol: 's from people who are clearly not over it themselves? If I wasn't over it, I guess I would have taken up your offer of a meet-up, but I was brought up to respect my elders. And pissed up aggressive dwarves.

i have been going in the chaddy end since i was 5 years old.been and tried lots of different parts of it,and still enjoy going in there....i ask my son which stand he wants to go in,he says the chaddy end...

i did try the rre a couple of seasons ago when they opened it up to home fans...yes the view was better,but when you been watching the team from one particular end all your life it seems strange...

also in the chaddy you dont have to worry about the sun being in your eyes,or the rain sweeping in and drowning you if your on the first 10 rows like shamu in florida!!

yes the chaddy is old fashioned and outdated,but its history...the pillars are only a problem if you let them be..

listening to yesterdays singing...the rre was very good and loud....but the drum needs to understand he only needs to start songs off....not play all the way through them as it spoils the chant.

the best form of drumming has to be at american football games,they dont use 1 drum,they use marching band drums,which are better than knocking hell out of just one tom tom.

i shall continue to go in the chaddy,the singing ist great,but when it does kick in like the playoff games there really isnt no better place to be...for me anyway.

Edited by sheridans_world
Removed quote

i have been going in the chaddy end since i was 5 years old.been and tried lots of different parts of it,and still enjoy going in there....i ask my son which stand he wants to go in,he says the chaddy end...

i did try the rre a couple of seasons ago when they opened it up to home fans...yes the view was better,but when you been watching the team from one particular end all your life it seems strange...

also in the chaddy you dont have to worry about the sun being in your eyes,or the rain sweeping in and drowning you if your on the first 10 rows like shamu in florida!!

yes the chaddy is old fashioned and outdated,but its history...the pillars are only a problem if you let them be..

listening to yesterdays singing...the rre was very good and loud....but the drum needs to understand he only needs to start songs off....not play all the way through them as it spoils the chant.

the best form of drumming has to be at american football games,they dont use 1 drum,they use marching band drums,which are better than knocking hell out of just one tom tom.

i shall continue to go in the chaddy,the singing ist great,but when it does kick in like the playoff games there really isnt no better place to be...for me anyway.

ed whoever you are my post are not intendid for you as you can see it says have you read this lees lover

Yesterdays home attendance was just over 5,400.

Main stand upper and lower total 2,300

RRE total 1100

CRE toatl 1900

Sponsors & Corner flag suites total 100.

Does that answer your debate?

Hmm .. not really. Yes they may have been more in the Chaddy yesterday, but thats because you can fit more in there than the small section of the RRE, with the segregation etc. The RRE was more or less full yesterday, give or take afew seats here and there.

Look at the majority of the other games this season and you`ll probably find the chaddy has been the emptier of the two!

Hey i'm not the one trying to impress everyone with my maturity. You are complaining and you try and pass things you've made up as facts to support your argument.

'we coped fine for the last 100 years without a drum' No we didn't, BP has been a library for over a decade. It's embarrassing.

'We're laughed at for having a drum, as most real football fans are against drums at football matches.' Really? Very few people seem to be against drums at football. In Spain and Italy they've got it to work brilliantly to add to the atmosphere. Before you say they are 'foreign traits', why do they need to be? If they help create an intimidating atmosphere then I don't see the problem, we can keep the variety of songs and chants and use drums to enhance what we already have.

Too many people are stuck in the past, I think I used to have a bit of this when drums first started to be used. Almost like it was 'cheating' using a drum and they didn't belong, but drums are here to stay and if we're all honest they do encourage a better atmosphere and for people to join in. It's just a number of people don't want anything to change, but what they fail to understand is that after terracing went atmospheres at football grounds changed for good. Drums are just another attempt at reviving the atmosphere at football grounds and in reality, they have to an extent. That doesn't mean I agree with everything the drummer does, far from it, sometimes it is totally cringeworthy, but without it, BP is a morgue. On the road it's a different story, I don't think the drum is required at all, you ahve that sense of 'us against the world' to get you all singing but at home we need the drum because not enough people want to join in. I was sat at the top of the RRE for the Stockport game and I have a season ticket in the 'I' block near the top as well and I can't believe it is only one block who are ever willing to join in. I'm surprised the other 2 blocks even stand when we score, absolutely lifeless for the majority of the game. I can't understand why you wouldn't want to join in, it makes the experience of going to the game so much better, especaially when we aren't playing well.

I don't know why you feel the need to waste your time writing a reply, because i'm not going to waste my time reading it. I've already said it's my opinion, and that's that. So you can stop spouting your drivel now. "Trying to impress people blah blah" I come up with a decent argument so you feel the need to try and belittle me, you're embarrasing...

The RRE was more or less full yesterday, give or take a few seats here and there.

Sorry to disappoint you but although the section nearest the Stockport fans looked pretty full there was a very large empty section from around half way down the section along from that and the end section was the same.

Why do we need a debate, it's an individual preference as to where you prefer to watch your football at BP. Having the home and away fans next to each other has helped raise the general atmosphere in a ground which is renouned around the leagues as being one of the 'quieter' ones.

As for the drummer (how the hell did this debate start again!!!), I take great issue with some on here that seem to think that if you don't like the drum you are some how old and complain all the time...couldn't be further from the truth. If the club (and it is their right to decide) let the drummer stay then they should take the lead and tell him exactly which seat/seats he will be allowed to play the drum from. This is a decision that can/should happen as early as possible and be publicised (as it is as places like Blackpool, Blackburn etc etc..where everyone is fully aware of the drummers location as it is fixed season after season). That way everyone can make an informed decision as to where they wish to locate.

Chaddy, RRE, Main Stand...really who cares as long as we have people in the ground and backing the team in whichever way THEY prefer!!

Hmm .. not really. Yes they may have been more in the Chaddy yesterday, but thats because you can fit more in there than the small section of the RRE, with the segregation etc. The RRE was more or less full yesterday, give or take afew seats here and there.

Look at the majority of the other games this season and you`ll probably find the chaddy has been the emptier of the two!

I'm afraid your wrong on both statements.

There were just under 1100 in the RRE home section yesterday so before the "extra segregation"* there were 500 spare seats. After allowing the "extra segregaation" there were over 300 spare seats.

In terms of the second higlighted comment, I refer you to my earlier post. I have the facts on numbers that you won't have. :tongue1:

In any event, your choice is to sit in the RRE. My choice is to stay in the CRE, because my other family members do not want to consider moving. It doesn't bother me where I watch the boys from.

I'm just glad that this season we have an improved atmoshere at BP which I am sure has an impact on the team.

I have friends in the RRE and they enjoy the atmosphere and I'm sure I would if I went in there. But please don't come on here and try and say that more fans go in the RRE than the CRE. The figures will not back you up. Except for the Morecambe and Cheltenham cup games. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry.

* additional segregation required because of a number of our so called fans over goading the away fans

Chaddy, RRE, Main Stand...really who cares as long as we have people in the ground and backing the team in whichever way THEY prefer!!

100% behind you there "lookers87". I have been following this thread all day and personally I am finding it quite tiresome now. It is turning into a "My dad is bigger than your dad" situaton, yes we all have opinions, yes we are all right but ultimately WE ARE ALL BLUE.

I have friends in the RRE and they enjoy the atmosphere and I'm sure I would if I went in there

Are you referring to me as a "friend" as I class you as an aquaintance!!

We’ve had all this debate many times before but, as a staunch defender of the Chaddy End in the past, I’ll add my comments in three parts to accommodate the maximum number of quotes allowed.

Yeah, I couldn't hear a thing to be honest, in fact, never mind sound, the only movement I could see was the 2 flags...

Course the acoustics aren't great at BP, so if someone from the CHaddy says it was rocking, it was rocking as far as I'm concerned :wink:

KTF

Joe

It wasn’t rocking in the Chaddy yesterday.

I was in the chaddy yesterday, apart from the usual suspects on the right hand side there wasn't much singing, the odd sporadic but of chanting if a player had done well but no real consistent singing.

On the plus side I was miles away from the drum

The drum is fantastic and adds to the atmosphere, no it creates the atmosphere. Long live the drum.

Except for the Oh When The Blues and the Zigga Zagga chant, the great majority of the short bursts of singing in the Chaddy yesterday were prompted by the drum, which can be heard clearly.

How can the drum ruin any atmosphere that is created when it's the drum that creates the bloody atmosphere?!

The drum starts off pretty much every single song we sing except oh when the blues...

And as for us turning into a happy clappy support...I'd much rather go to a game and enjoy a happy clappy atmosphere than sit there getting told to shut up by people like yourself and laughed at by the away crouds for our dire atmosphere, probably resulting in players playing sh*te because theyre playing for the least passionate supporters on the planet!!!

Agreed

It'd be great if we didn't need the drum but I think we do....without him I think the atmosphere would be very poor.

Agreed

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Part two of my comments.

No offence to the over 50's that enjoy the occasional sing song whilst waving their tops above their heads :wink:

We might as well complete our stereotyping and say 'waving their flat caps over their heads' :wink:

No offence taken on either count! :grin:

If everyone is singing the great escape and it's getting going I will join in because at the end of the day it all adds to the atmosphere even though i'm not a fan of the song at all. If the drum is keeping a decent rhythm and managing to keep 'Sheridan's blue and white army' going i'm not going to be complaining about how loud it is or how we didn't need drums in yesteryear and how it's ruining the atmosphere at football matches, because it clearly isn't.

Agreed.

The "accoustics" that Diego refers to are an advantage in the RRE, but 1 thing I am sure about is that when the ground is finally redeveloped and the CRE is re-built with a new roof to match/better that of the RRE there will not be this debate about the CRE over the RRE, as the CRE will once again become the preferred choice of the majority and have the best atmosphere.

I only refer to the Chaddy End acoustics when they are claimed to be inferior since the roof was changed. However I proved that to be an urban myth by writing to Alan Hardy who replied:

“At the end of the 90/91 season we put a new roof on but we left the original steelwork in place so it really is the same type of roof now that it was pre-90.”

Pre-90 the Chaddy End in full voice could be heard at the top pf Sheepfoot Lane!

Agreed.

Part three of my comments.

Why do we need a debate, it's an individual preference as to where you prefer to watch your football at BP. Having the home and away fans next to each other has helped raise the general atmosphere…

Agreed.

In the meantime lets keep making BP a 3 sided fortress.

Hear hear!

ed whoever you are my post are not intendid for you as you can see it says have you read this lees lover

thats ok then....lol

and as for the two seats comment...cheeky kids.lol

i sit in one and my son sits in the other.....ask beardy n co im easy to find as i have an exclusion zone around me.

I was sat at the top of the RRE for the Stockport game and I have a season ticket in the 'I' block near the top as well and I can't believe it is only one block who are ever willing to join in. I'm surprised the other 2 blocks even stand when we score, absolutely lifeless for the majority of the game. I can't understand why you wouldn't want to join in, it makes the experience of going to the game so much better, especaially when we aren't playing well.

LeylandLatic I sit in the block next to it and would love to stand up and get involved but its just not worth the hassle. The amount of abuse you get for standing up for about 10 seconds from the miserable gits around you has just drained the life out of me at home games this season. I am sure there are many others in the other 2 blocks in the same situation as me and my mates. But like I say if you stand up for anything but a goal you intantly get turned upon and treated like a second class citizen or dog refusing to obey its masters commands. "SIT DOWN" "GET DOWN", "FFS SIT THE F**K DOWN", "BLOODY HELL SIT DOWN". Occaisionally when people do stand up it continues. You cant see because someone is stood up in front of you but the miserable gits cant understand this concept and continue with the bombardment of "SIT DOWN" BLA BLA BLA. Its depressing but they have won we just cant be bothered anymore, they want BP to be a lifeless morgue, let them have it.

In fact after nearly 10 years of sitting in the Chaddy Road end in singing bit I just cant be bothered at all at home anymore, most games that section would try and get an atmosphere going and like usual none of the rest of the ground would join in. Its obvious the majority of those at home games prefer the library esq atmosphere which makes BP so special.

I don't know why you feel the need to waste your time writing a reply, because i'm not going to waste my time reading it. I've already said it's my opinion, and that's that. So you can stop spouting your drivel now. "Trying to impress people blah blah" I come up with a decent argument so you feel the need to try and belittle me, you're embarrasing...

You clearly read it, it's ok. My arguments are backed up, chill out.

In response to Wozz, I understand what you're saying, it was like that in the 'I' block to an extent earlier in the season but I think everyone who wanted to sit all game long moved when they realised that wasn't gonna happen in that block. It might be worth you moving into the 'I' if you wanna join in, it's a shame so many people don't want to create an atmosphere when it clearly helps the team.

Why do we need a debate, it's an individual preference as to where you prefer to watch your football at BP. Having the home and away fans next to each other has helped raise the general atmosphere in a ground which is renouned around the leagues as being one of the 'quieter' ones.

As for the drummer (how the hell did this debate start again!!!), I take great issue with some on here that seem to think that if you don't like the drum you are some how old and complain all the time...couldn't be further from the truth. If the club (and it is their right to decide) let the drummer stay then they should take the lead and tell him exactly which seat/seats he will be allowed to play the drum from. This is a decision that can/should happen as early as possible and be publicised (as it is as places like Blackpool, Blackburn etc etc..where everyone is fully aware of the drummers location as it is fixed season after season). That way everyone can make an informed decision as to where they wish to locate.

Chaddy, RRE, Main Stand...really who cares as long as we have people in the ground and backing the team in whichever way THEY prefer!![/b]

Now, the world don’t move to the beat of just one drum,

What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

diff'rent_strokes2.jpg

In fact after nearly 10 years of sitting in the Chaddy Road end in singing bit I just cant be bothered at all at home anymore, most games that section would try and get an atmosphere going and like usual none of the rest of the ground would join in. Its obvious the majority of those at home games prefer the library esq atmosphere which makes BP so special.

Sadly you are spot on! :disappointed: