hughes -mon 26 jan -deadline day

To be fair Hughes as proved this season that he's over come his injury niggles that blighted his return to full time football last season and he's knocking in the goals. With Windass on the pitch with him he'll walk the 20 goals target if he stays. I don't think the 5-0 reverse helped Latics cause at all in him staying, I hope he does cause he's a quality finisher and will be able to carry that for another 2 seasons easy. Every club as it's limits to which it can offer a player in salary but, I wouldn't want him to go for the sake of say 500 notes a week.

what i gather,the club isn't wanting a porter episode again.

doncaster are the only ones who have officially enquired.

they are ultra skint and their terms offered to him are nothing much better towards latics.

the cash they get vs. villa proberbly won't make much difference.

he seemed very confident he would stay.

i'm hoping its all correct,but the danger with football is things could have changed completely since i heard this on fri evening...other clubs may have become involved-i mean this is now the panic week we are now entering!

heard he's been told its "make your decision" day tomorrow.

sign new contract or be sold by 31 jan.

Only thing is hughes has a contract till end of the season. He could very easilly say sod off ill see my contract out and move for free at end of season.

Remember, if he goes at the end of the season, whatever clubs were willing to spend on a transfer fee now, could be put into Hughes and his agents back pocket at the end of the season as a signing on fee.

Club cant force him to go anywhere, hence thats why you wont get a sign or be sold ultimatum

Only thing is hughes has a contract till end of the season. He could very easilly say sod off ill see my contract out and move for free at end of season.

Remember, if he goes at the end of the season, whatever clubs were willing to spend on a transfer fee now, could be put into Hughes and his agents back pocket at the end of the season as a signing on fee.

Club cant force him to go anywhere, hence thats why you wont get a sign or be sold ultimatum

If the club want to sell him, they can make life uncomfortable for him so he has no choice to leave before 2nd Feb.

If the club want to sell him, they can make life uncomfortable for him so he has no choice to leave before 2nd Feb.

True but he could also say all the same "you aint going to force me out, and if your going to be like that I will play in the reserves untill june then leave on a free so you will get bugger all"

So, basically he guesses? :wink:

i'll say this.

details he gets wrong are like different clubs mentioned,etc

the basics have usually been bob on...situations,players names etc.

as he's at BP virtually every day,i'd think he's much not a guesser...

he hasn't won the lottery anyway!!

as for the fact(and its absolutely true) that he dosen't have to sign or give an answer,and just see his time out..correct.

latics just want to find out what the situation is with his future.they are in the dark as much as us.

one 1 person knows the answer..himself.

latics may have a replacement lined up,depending on his decision,and they don't want to be left in the lurch last minute.

latics want him to stay,hughes is looking but knows theres not much else on offer anywhere else.

catch 22 really.

doncaster are the only ones who have officially enquired.

they are ultra skint and their terms offered to him are nothing much better towards latics.

the cash they get vs. villa proberbly won't make much difference.

Doncaster are not "ultra skint" at all, in fact that description couldn't be further from the truth. They are trying to run the club as a sustainable business model and have a wage structure aimed at avoiding the implosion that lots of clubs have suffered as a result of careless over-investment. Hughes has been offered a good contract but there are still details to be ironed out before any decision could be made and any deal could be completed.

Doncaster are not "ultra skint" at all, in fact that description couldn't be further from the truth. They are trying to run the club as a sustainable business model and have a wage structure aimed at avoiding the implosion that lots of clubs have suffered as a result of careless over-investment. Hughes has been offered a good contract but there are still details to be ironed out before any decision could be made and any deal could be completed.

thats fine then.

time will tell.

hey, do as you please!

its not my worry.

But you posted the "info"!

We have had stories before about deadlines, Corney saying he wants him out etc - and they've proved to be nonsense.

But if something like that is posted everday then there's a better chance of someone saying "I got it right."

But you posted the "info"!

We have had stories before about deadlines, Corney saying he wants him out etc - and they've proved to be nonsense.

But if something like that is posted everday then there's a better chance of someone saying "I got it right."

yep.."info"...gossip..whispers.

read into it or move along.

whether its right or wrong-i won't be on any downer/high horse .

disuss or don't .

bloody hell.

its not come from me...its come via someone asocciated to the club.

if he's wrong,leave the messenger out of it eh.

next time i'll keep gossip (cause thats all it is..)to myself...seems some here as a little touch sensitive to dissussion and gossip at times...and they love jumping on the person with the guile to open up the thread.

yep.."info"...gossip..whispers.

read into it or move along.

whether its right or wrong-i won't be on any downer/high horse .

disuss or don't .

bloody hell.

its not come from me...its come via someone asocciated to the club.

if he's wrong,leave the messenger out of it eh.

next time i'll keep gossip (cause thats all it is..)to myself...seems some here as a little touch sensitive to dissussion and gossip at times...and they love jumping on the person with the guile to open up the thread.

to be honest im suprised the club hasnt asked him for his answer sooner....

doncaster are not as skint as we are,and its about personal terms not the fee....the fee will be negated to make it whatever the club wants....if he agrees terms the club wont want a dead duck on the field not trying,we say 400k they say 200k and we will meet somewhere in the middle.

i imagine the dilema for hughes,is one of pure football...is he going to start every game....can doncaster guarentee that they wont go down come may...

i know we cant guarentee we will go up,but hughes will know that if he keeps bagging goals every other game and a few others chip in then we wont be far off....

i would imagine it would be more rewarding knowing you have done your very best all season and got a club up,rather than just jumping ship and going to a higher league...

if we was taking some team midtable championship and an established team,then he would of gone by now.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced he will sign for someone in the next few days. People will pay now for what he can do in the rest of the season, he won't be offered half what he is being shown now come the summer.

how do you know he wont...

if he stays here and scores 23 or more goals,i think its a knocking bet someone will come in for him and offer him more or less what he wants...

you could say thats the potential,first proper full season back and he scores 23 goals,think what he could do with better service...