Andy Liddell will cost us promotion

[/b]

See this is where me and you agree, although I believe there is potential given the right manager. We have enough quality in the squad to be at least challenging in matches. And this is where my point from the start is. not exploiting the whole squad. Sheridans reluctance to use any player who hasnt played much this season will cost us. And btw Im not blaming Andy liddell Im blaming Sheridan as its a pointless sub. At least Davies is lively when he comes on and scares defences regardless of his shooting accuracy. His movement can easily create holes in which case Lee Hughes should be exploiting that. I thought you just said you dealt in facts and Craig Davies still scored 6 goals in a team which is below us in the league, therefore a team of our ability he should have more chances thus more goals. And his attitude is only rumoured, his comments in the chron tonight seem to show he has screwed his head on, and then you get the likes of big bollox Hughes and arrogant bone idle, im an Oldham fan so I can decide when i want to play Taylor. Fringe players should be given a chance but Sheridans inexperience doesnt allow him to see this.

Me and you dont agree I think you are talking crap and looking for scapegoats. I am dealing in facts........... The fact is Davies' attitude stinks. I'm not having all that he scored this amount in these games. At times he can look pure class and theres times when he would like embarrasing in Sunday league... its his attitude. If you were at Rochdale you would know what I mean. Thinks he's better than he is and his attitude constantly works against the team. There were plenty on here who were laughing thinking Leeds would pay £300k for him. You have to look at the bigger picture........... Davies aint the answer because he will destroy the dressing room. Also he is the type who goes missing when 2-0 down at Scunny on a cold Tuesday in January.

Ahhh

It was never meant to be a personal Andy liddell attack, it was always meant to be metaphoric as I stated earlier, as a point that by using substitutes and tactics like for instance bringing Andy Liddell on to change a game is a silly silly tactic.

People should read before getting ratty. And for all the people that comment on me being a young boy, firstly Im not and secondly Im merely stating a point which obviously those who disagree with, like most posts on this board, need to abuse the poster to give themselves a sense of achievement. Now whose the young child.

Me and you dont agree I think you are talking crap and looking for scapegoats. I am dealing in facts........... The fact is Davies' attitude stinks.a) I'm not having all that he scored this amount in these games. At times he can look pure class and theres times when he would like embarrasing in Sunday league... its his attitude. If you were at Rochdale you would know what I mean. Thinks he's better than he is and his attitude constantly works against the team. There were plenty on here who were laughing thinking Leeds would pay £300k for him. You have to look at the bigger picture...........B)Davies aint the answer because he will destroy the dressing room. Also he is the type who goes missing when 2-0 down at Scunny on a cold Tuesday in January.

a)Bit contradictory considering you deal in facts.

B) And Andy liddell is the answer?

Edited by youngen

It was never meant to be a personal Andy liddell attack, it was always meant to be metaphoric as I stated earlier, as a point that by using substitutes and tactics like for instance bringing Andy Liddell on to change a game is a silly silly tactic.

People should read before getting ratty. And for all the people that comment on me being a young boy, firstly Im not and secondly Im merely stating a point which obviously those who disagree with, like most posts on this board, need to abuse the poster to give themselves a sense of achievement. Now whose the young child.

Ahhh

As has been said further up it is the central midfield which will cost us promotion. Its not good enough to get us up, especially Whits. We cant get hold of games and dictate them with the players we have and we cant unlock a tough defense. We always attack down the wings, too predictable. If we dont get a good midfielder in before the 2nd Feb there will be no Auto promotion. I wouldnt mind seeing Eardley in there to give us some energy, got a good shot, and can bring the ball forward at pace rather than having to go wide all the time.

Me and you dont agree I think you are talking crap and looking for scapegoats. I am dealing in facts........... The fact is Davies' attitude stinks. I'm not having all that he scored this amount in these games. At times he can look pure class and theres times when he would like embarrasing in Sunday league... its his attitude. If you were at Rochdale you would know what I mean. Thinks he's better than he is and his attitude constantly works against the team. There were plenty on here who were laughing thinking Leeds would pay £300k for him. You have to look at the bigger picture........... Davies aint the answer because he will destroy the dressing room. Also he is the type who goes missing when 2-0 down at Scunny on a cold Tuesday in January.

and you know that for a fact?

You really don't like Davies, do you?

Did you think he was crap last season when he banged in 14 goals?

Yes I did on many occasions but not all. He started superb but then faded. Would have done the same at Stockport had he signed permanently (after the honeymoon period). Gets a good contract and thinks he is the superstar. Seen it dozens of times in over confident players. I hope he proves me wrong but doubt it. I doubt Davies will still be in football in 5yrs.............

Within minutes of coming on tonight, Lidds started a move which nearly ended up in a goal. He did this by passing the ball, 5 yards, sideways, to one of his teammates. Something which the rest of the team hadn't managed to do for a good 60 minutes. Everyone else resorted to panicky 40 yard lumps or running, like a headless chicken, down a cul-de-sac. Like Smalley did all too often.

Guest sheridans_world
Within minutes of coming on tonight, Lidds started a move which nearly ended up in a goal. He did this by passing the ball, 5 yards, sideways, to one of his teammates. Something which the rest of the team hadn't managed to do for a good 60 minutes. Everyone else resorted to panicky 40 yard lumps or running, like a headless chicken, down a cul-de-sac. Like Smalley did all too often.

:chubb:

I agree, If anything cost Latics promotion it will be a weak central midfield.

We have been saying that all season but nothing seems to change, we are lacking in that area even when getting results and playing well!

God knows how many midfielders he's signed since taking the job but one thing is for sure Quality should come before Quantity!!!!!

You would think that with Sheridan being a former midfield maestro, that area of the team would be sorted by now!