Andy Liddell will cost us promotion

Sheridans inability to see that a 35 year old winger who has no attacking qualities left besides taking a penalty, is not the right substitute to bring on. Ridiculous. Allessandra hasnt been given hardly any minutes yet Davies you would expect to be much fitter and sharper and he doesnt make the bench. Absolutely disgraceful management. Dunno what went wrong with the defense 1st half but the strikers must be as much to blame as by the sounds of it we had plenty of chances. Sort it Sheridan, your inexperience is really beginning to show, and it wont be long before more people take off their rose tinted glasses and see it the way i currently am.

Sheridans inability to see that a 35 year old winger who has no attacking qualities left besides taking a penalty, is not the right substitute to bring on. Ridiculous. Allessandra hasnt been given hardly any minutes yet Davies you would expect to be much fitter and sharper and he doesnt make the bench. Absolutely disgraceful management. Dunno what went wrong with the defense 1st half but the strikers must be as much to blame as by the sounds of it we had plenty of chances. Sort it Sheridan, your inexperience is really beginning to show, and it wont be long before more people take off their rose tinted glasses and see it the way i currently am.

I hardly see how it is one player who would cost us promotion. No Promotion will result from the TEAM, through bad results from the TEAM we have encountered which will come back to bite us. Not one player.

Agree with the Davies point. It's like Sheridan chose Alessandra on the strength of having scored the hat-trick against Scunny at BP. Davies must be well miffed, given his positive comments in the 'Chron. A kick in the teeth? Unless he's picked up a knock.

It seems like our midfield is the weak spot. Maybe Maher should have started instead of Whits. Dunno until the people who actually went start giving their opinions.

Agree with the Davies point. It's like Sheridan chose Alessandra on the strength of having scored the hat-trick against Scunny at BP. Davies must be well miffed, given his positive comments in the 'Chron. A kick in the teeth? Unless he's picked up a knock.

It seems like our midfield is the weak spot. Maybe Maher should have started instead of Whits. Dunno until the people who actually went start giving their opinions.

I agree, If anything cost Latics promotion it will be a weak central midfield.

Edited by BP1960

Also your inexperience is beginning to show. What on earth are you going on about. Lets blame the sub and put a crap striker on the wing............. that will sort it. Go to bed you have school tomorrow.

So is that Lidds or Sheridan who will cost us?

I think IF and when Lidds does come on in that scenario he should be given licence to lose the ball. He is all about doing simple things well and keeping possession, which is great when you're winning, but he's got some killer passes in his locker and yet never seems to try them. No good to anyone that Lidds......

Also your inexperience is beginning to show. What on earth are you going on about. Lets blame the sub and put a crap striker on the wing............. that will sort it. Go to bed you have school tomorrow.

Crap striker?

How can you say that on the time he's actually spen't on the pitch for Latics this season?

So is that Lidds or Sheridan who will cost us?

I think IF and when Lidds does come on in that scenario he should be given licence to lose the ball. He is all about doing simple things well and keeping possession, which is great when you're winning, but he's got some killer passes in his locker and yet never seems to try them. No good to anyone that Lidds......

Apologies I meant to put Metaphorically in the sub title. Its Sheridan who wil cost us by doing ridiculous things like bringing Andy liddell on to get us back into a game.

Oh and Stalybridge Latic I think youll find Im a bit older than that and I didnt attend tonight due to arriving home late from "work". You silly man/kid. Comments like that make you the one that sounds childish.

Edited by youngen

I'm not.................. I'm saying it on the time on the pitch since he's been here. He couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. I dont subscribe to the Davies is our saviour club I work on facts.........

Facts like 6 goals for Davies in 13 games at Stockport in which he started. 4 starts for Windass still no goals. 4 goals for Allessandra - 3 in one game. Liddell scored 8 - 5 or 6 pens. Latics away had only lost at Hereford while Maher had started before Whittaker. Davies will be more likely to score us a goal than Andy fecking Liddell. And if you come back with Liddell is there to provide a goal, well Lee Hughes bears arse and banjo tonight by the sounds of it.

Facts like 6 goals for Davies in 13 games at Stockport in which he started. 4 starts for Windass still no goals. 4 goals for Allessandra - 3 in one game. Liddell scored 8 - 5 or 6 pens. Latics away had only lost at Hereford while Maher had started before Whittaker. Davies will be more likely to score us a goal than Andy fecking Liddell. And if you come back with Liddell is there to provide a goal, well Lee Hughes bears arse and banjo tonight by the sounds of it.

Dont talk stupid Windass set up 3 goals on Saturday and that is what he is there to do. You have just summed it all up yourself with Davies his goals were at Stockport though not Latics. He has a bad attitude which you cant have in the dressing room or it will destroy your team. With regard to Liddell I would agree with the point that he is not the answer to come on and win a game when 2-0 down at Scunny but the point was you cant blame it on the sub. Also if anyone seriously believes we are good enough to go up......... get real.

I'm not.................. I'm saying it on the time on the pitch since he's been here. He couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. I dont subscribe to the Davies is our saviour club I work on facts.........

14 goal top scorer last season. 6 goals in 13 at Stockport equates to about 22 in 46. He needs a good run in the side, or, maybe Stockport's game suited him better.

Dont talk stupid Windass set up 3 goals on Saturday and that is what he is there to do. You have just summed it all up yourself with Davies his goals were at Stockport though not Latics. He has a bad attitude which you cant have in the dressing room or it will destroy your team. With regard to Liddell I would agree with the point that he is not the answer to come on and win a game when 2-0 down at Scunny but the point was you cant blame it on the sub. Also if anyone seriously believes we are good enough to go up......... get real.

See this is where me and you agree, although I believe there is potential given the right manager. We have enough quality in the squad to be at least challenging in matches. And this is where my point from the start is. not exploiting the whole squad. Sheridans reluctance to use any player who hasnt played much this season will cost us. And btw Im not blaming Andy liddell Im blaming Sheridan as its a pointless sub. At least Davies is lively when he comes on and scares defences regardless of his shooting accuracy. His movement can easily create holes in which case Lee Hughes should be exploiting that. I thought you just said you dealt in facts and Craig Davies still scored 6 goals in a team which is below us in the league, therefore a team of our ability he should have more chances thus more goals. And his attitude is only rumoured, his comments in the chron tonight seem to show he has screwed his head on, and then you get the likes of big bollox Hughes and arrogant bone idle, im an Oldham fan so I can decide when i want to play Taylor. Fringe players should be given a chance but Sheridans inexperience doesnt allow him to see this.

[/b]

See this is where me and you agree, although I believe there is potential given the right manager. We have enough quality in the squad to be at least challenging in matches. And this is where my point from the start is. not exploiting the whole squad. Sheridans reluctance to use any player who hasnt played much this season will cost us. And btw Im not blaming Andy liddell Im blaming Sheridan as its a pointless sub. At least Davies is lively when he comes on and scares defences regardless of his shooting accuracy. His movement can easily create holes in which case Lee Hughes should be exploiting that. I thought you just said you dealt in facts and Craig Davies still scored 6 goals in a team which is below us in the league, therefore a team of our ability he should have more chances thus more goals. And his attitude is only rumoured, his comments in the chron tonight seem to show he has screwed his head on, and then you get the likes of big bollox Hughes and arrogant bone idle, im an Oldham fan so I can decide when i want to play Taylor. Fringe players should be given a chance but Sheridans inexperience doesnt allow him to see this.

Well said.

Saw the subject header so thought I'd have a read to see your justification. Read the first two words and that was enough...

"Sheridan's inability"

Can we replace Andy Liddell with John Sheridan?

And it's been said elsewhere in the thread about Davies. I'm nowhere near his biggest fan. But to not even have him on the bench for a game???!!! 70 mins, tired defence, go on Craig, run your socks off.

But no...Andy Liddell.

E4e

OAPFC

I was going to say how much more balanced and interesting your points were when you spelled them out fully, but you sort of lost me towards the end... The boy is afraid of his own shadow. It's almost like you've let Liddell off the personal attack but had to put someone into his place?