Robinho arrested over a alleged sexual assault

Eek. Do we have any verification of this? I've always thought he was abad 'un, and in fact not half as good at football as he's made out, but rumours are wild at the moment and I only want to hate the guy for stuff he's actually done.

BBC "understands"....he was arrested and bailed...

Edited by oafc0000

There's a post on their main forum asking people to stop posting a certain rumour about a certain player...posts will be removed and the poster banned. Still nowt official though on any media outlet that I can see.

No smoke without fire, but how many times have big name players been arrested and questioned over sexual assaults...only for it to transpire that the 'victim(s)' was talking out their arse.

There's a post on their main forum asking people to stop posting a certain rumour about a certain player...posts will be removed and the poster banned. Still nowt official though on any media outlet that I can see.

No smoke without fire, but how many times have big name players been arrested and questioned over sexual assaults...only for it to transpire that the 'victim(s)' was talking out their arse.

Its in the public domain....

Put BBC News 24 on...

I hate part time security guards :) Leave it up to the mods to post warnings :)

Edited by oafc0000

BBC "understands"....he was arrested and bailed...

Just seen that now on BBC 24 (yes, I know, I should go to bed...). Relating to events in Leeds a couple of weeks ago.

Using my crazy random memory powers, I remember a few weeks ago one of the free newspapers I read on my way into work was saying about how nicely he'd reacted when the bouncers failed to realise, "Who he was," at a Leeds club and that he'd been a gent all night and bought drinks all round.

Don't you think it goes both ways there? I'm sure there is a horrible grey area of smashed girls surrounded by big men who do as they please. Sure, there are some who are, to use an unfashionable term, slags, but I think there some who there might be more of a case to answer to.

Edited by leeslover

Just seen that now on BBC 24 (yes, I know, I should go to bed...). Relating to events in Leeds a couple of weeks ago.

Using my crazy random memory powers, I remember a few weeks ago one of the free newspapers I read on my way into work was saying about how nicely he'd reacted when the bouncers failed to realise, "Who he was," at a Leeds club and that he'd been a gent all night and bought drinks all round.

Don't you think it goes both ways there? I'm sure there is a horrible grey area of smashed girls surrounded by big men who do as they please. Sure, there are some who are, to use an unfashionable term, slags, but I think there some who there might be more of a case to answer to.

Apparently its rape now unless you draw up a legally binding contract confirming she consented now before banging some drunk "lady" (slag :grin: )

Edited by oafc0000

I never said that wasn't the case, in fact I made a special effort to make sure I didn't insinuate I thought it was.

All I was saying is that there are always stories of this happening...off the top of my head...the Leicester La Manga furore, Ronaldo, Evans, Van Persie. All turned out to be lies. I'm not saying this is that case, I'm just saying that there are a number of cases brought against footballers by attention-seeking/money-seeking girls and very rarely are they ever pursued, because they're deemed lies by the authorities. I'm not saying this is the case here, but it could be. And for the record, I have no doubt whatsoever that there are many men out there who get away with rape and sexual assault for whatever reason, and that is a major travesty.

I never said that wasn't the case, in fact I made a special effort to make sure I didn't insinuate I thought it was.

All I was saying is that there are always stories of this happening...off the top of my head...the Leicester La Manga furore, Ronaldo, Evans, Van Persie. All turned out to be lies. I'm not saying this is that case, I'm just saying that there are a number of cases brought against footballers by attention-seeking/money-seeking girls and very rarely are they ever pursued, because they're deemed lies by the authorities. I'm not saying this is the case here, but it could be. And for the record, I have no doubt whatsoever that there are many men out there who get away with rape and sexual assault for whatever reason, and that is a major travesty.

Either way it can only have a negative impact on city hopefully :)

I've no doubt that there are girls hanging out in the clubs who go out looking for high profile footballers, and get up to all sorts with the whole team, and love it if the cameras are there and they get in the papers, and would happily go threes-up with whichever of whoever's mates it took to achieve that. That's on the OK side of the spectrum, somewhat grimey as it is. On the other side there will be girls who think they have pulled a bloke, get absurd amounts of £500 a bottle champagne and vodka in front of them and go through experiences that are maybe borderline rape, crossed with very unpleasant sex. I've no knowledge at all of this particular case, I should add. Instinct says it's doubtful inside a club, but every case needs to be properly investigated.

I was a long time replying, so missed this - of course I wasn't suggesting that you don't take said (generic) crime seriously, and wouldn't have wished to. I hope my post above gives more detail to what my thoughts were.

Edited by leeslover

I was a long time replying, so missed this - of course I wasn't suggesting that you don't take said (generic) crime seriously, and wouldn't have wished to. I hope my post above gives more detail to what my thoughts were.

Coolio, breakdown in communications along the way then!

This does make interesting reading now...Robinho 'spotted' in Leeds nightclub...

It was in Popbitch. A bit of getting your story out first.

It was in Popbitch. A bit of getting your story out first.

So it was. No hints of naughtyness though:

>> On the ball <<

Brazilian star not your usual footballer

Robinho might be getting unsettled at Man

City but it's not turning him into your

typical arsehole premiership footballer.

Robinho went out to Space nightclub in Leeds

this week. The bouncers didn't recognise the

160-grand-a-week star and turned him away for

wearing a tracksuit. Rather than throw his weight

around with a "don't you know who I am?" Robinho

went back to his hotel and got changed. He then

went back to Space with his agent and a couple

of other players. The manager cordoned off

an area of the club for them. The group then

ordered up a load of champagne, happily

dishing it out to everyone around them in

the club. Robinho left a 400 quid tip for his

waiter, and promised to come back as he said

he found it difficult to go out in Manchester.

Staff said he was "very down to earth.

Friendly but tiny."

A colleague just said to me, “You have to feel sorry for Man City.” :unsure: