Sign of the times ?

Listening to local radio on the way home last night it was saying that despite Latics being 3rd and scunny just below us it was the lowest gate of the season at their place.

Latics took a lot more for a midweek game than most would and with the reasonable prices to get in (probably the best in the league - £17.50 adults and £10 under 21s) is it a sign of the economic times that attendances are set to tumble.

Doesn't bode well for latics next 2 games especially with losing last night.

Interesting to see what gate we get next Tuesday !!

I will be more interesting when season ticket prices come out and the RRE moves inline with what the other stands charge.

Do you think 20 quid (6-7%) makes a difference to peoples decision over whether or not to buy?

With regards to the opening poster, I think the travelling support you mention kind of negates your point! Unless our support was mostly unemployed and thus able to leave early enough to make kick-off.....

With regards to the opening poster, I think the travelling support you mention kind of negates your point! Unless our support was mostly unemployed and thus able to leave early enough to make kick-off.....

I only mentioned Latics support to show the poor turn out from scunny.

We took about 700 or so, the gate was around 4,500 which means they only attracted 3800 for a home game against a side 3rd in the league.

if it is the economic situation then Latics may have the same problem in the next 2 home games.

I wasn't referring to the situation having an effect on Latics away support last night.

If Scunny can only attract 3800 for a game like latics we may struggle to do the same for a game against Bristol R next Tuesday ??

Listening to local radio on the way home last night it was saying that despite Latics being 3rd and scunny just below us it was the lowest gate of the season at their place.

Latics took a lot more for a midweek game than most would and with the reasonable prices to get in (probably the best in the league - £17.50 adults and £10 under 21s) is it a sign of the economic times that attendances are set to tumble.

Doesn't bode well for latics next 2 games especially with losing last night.

Interesting to see what gate we get next Tuesday !!

good post, i noticed the attendance , very poor home gate, they are mostly steel orientated around there i think as are rotherham. lots of jobs about to go. there are going to be lots of empty seats around in the next 12 months.