Rafa's cracking up

I fully understand what you were saying and my pedantic answer highlights my frustration at the bile which has been written on here by some (not yourself) tonight. I'd rather be pedantic than spout vile abuse on a message board about a man who has given greater service to this football club as a player, coach and manager over the past 11 years than any other individual.

Those who question his commitment have very short, selective memories and forget, for instance, 2003 when the club was going to the wall off the pitch and started the season with a young side out of its depth when Shez came out of retirement against medical advice to give us hope and quality just like he'd done so many times before. For the few people who've become heroes to the fans at the club over the past decade, only one was a truly a genius on the field, and that was Shez (my opinion!!).

Many people can be praised for their work on the non-footballing side over the last 11 years, but on the field Shez has been just as vital to this club as any of those volunteers or owners who have saved us. Without his commitment we wouldn't be as high as League 1 today, and perhaps wouldn't be anywhere near it.

I don't think he's beyond criticism, by any means, but to call him some of the things written on here tonight just because we're going through an inconsistent period in terms of results is totally inappropriate and cowardly.

I hope it reflects frustration and a desire on the part of those concerned to see the club succeed rather than hatred for the guy and his players.

In the hard times the club has always pulled together so instead of sniping, why can't we behave the same in the (reasonably) good times too?

Keep the Faith.

I fully understand what you were saying and my pedantic answer highlights my frustration at the bile which has been written on here by some (not yourself) tonight. I'd rather be pedantic than spout vile abuse on a message board about a man who has given greater service to this football club as a player, coach and manager over the past 11 years than any other individual.

Those who question his commitment have very short, selective memories and forget, for instance, 2003 when the club was going to the wall off the pitch and started the season with a young side out of its depth when Shez came out of retirement against medical advice to give us hope and quality just like he'd done so many times before. For the few people who've become heroes to the fans at the club over the past decade, only one was a truly a genius on the field, and that was Shez (my opinion!!).

Many people can be praised for their work on the non-footballing side over the last 11 years, but on the field Shez has been just as vital to this club as any of those volunteers or owners who have saved us. Without his commitment we wouldn't be as high as League 1 today, and perhaps wouldn't be anywhere near it.

I don't think he's beyond criticism, by any means, but to call him some of the things written on here tonight just because we're going through an inconsistent period in terms of results is totally inappropriate and cowardly.

I hope it reflects frustration and a desire on the part of those concerned to see the club succeed rather than hatred for the guy and his players.

In the hard times the club has always pulled together so instead of sniping, why can't we behave the same in the (reasonably) good times too?

Keep the Faith.

Hear, hear.

I am bemused at some of the comments. Last week the MB was saying we played really well against a good side. Now apparently we've been gash in every game at home since November. Make your minds up.

1 defeat in 22 I think now.

Edited by jsslatic

Keep the Faith.

Fair post!!

Keep the Faith.

Some good points well made.