That's made my mind up

he needed a kick up the arse first half....second half when the dialogue started he was back to almost his usual self..im not one of those who blow smoke up hughes arse,i think he misses a lot more easier chance than he scores,but second half he sorted himself out.

as for limited budget...take leeds and leicster out of it,and we probably have the next best budget,as he has had for 3 seasons running

at the start of the season i gave him until christmas,then after the start and 10 games in i changed to end of season.

im still not convinced he is our best hope of promotion,just like im still not convinced he isnt.

only time will tell...but where do you sensibly draw the line..3 years....4 years....5 years....

i think if we was sat here in 2 years time,and still in this league,still getting the same inept performances,you couldnt argue it will have been 5 wasted years with the best financial backing any manager has had.....could you???

ineptitude is relative - i personally have been entertained since shezza has been in charge - can count the dull games on one hand - dont go away remember so dont start!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"i think if we was sat here in 2 years time,and still in this league,still getting the same inept performances,you couldnt argue it will have been 5 wasted years with the best financial backing any manager has had.....could you??? "

Best financial backing a manager has had compared to what? Other teasm in this league? latics managers over the last 15 years? What exactly?

I don't understand the range you are asking for a comparison against?

We could just try other managers:- moore/talbot/dowie/wadsworth/ritchie/sharpe/royle/frizz?

take out dowie and wadsie - they had a lot of cash to spend - far more than anyone else - how did the others do in thier first 3 years?

Edited by real

"i think if we was sat here in 2 years time,and still in this league,still getting the same inept performances,you couldnt argue it will have been 5 wasted years with the best financial backing any manager has had.....could you??? "

Best financial backing a manager has had compared to what? Other teasm in this league? latics managers over the last 15 years? What exactly?

I don't understand the range you are asking for a comparison against?

We could just try other managers:- moore/talbot/dowie/wadsworth/ritchie/sharpe/royle/frizz?

take out dowie and wadsie - they had a lot of cash to spend - far more than anyone else - how did the others do in thier first 3 years?

Once again - curse you and your logical, reasoned arguments.

Once again - curse you and your logical, reasoned arguments.

typings crap though - i blame the shiraz. and peroni. still, red wine with roast lamb - gotta be done.

edit "red win" to "red wine" spotted goota and changed it to gotta pre-edit though - Yay Me!! :grin:

er, is that a bit gay? - that "Yay Me!!" bit? :shock:

Edited by real

have i missed something here shez says hold the ball up then hughes comes back with shut the :censored: up think that hughes what needs the grief not shez

Quite. But Shez isn't able to give him grief is he? That's the point.

To get into a yelling competition ("Who can shout 'Shut the f*** up' the loudest?") is hardly conducive to good management.

Neither is publicly stating that he wants more of the same on Tuesday, when a large proportion of the crowd expressed their dissatisfaction at the performance.

I'm not going to change peoples perception of the guy, and have no wish to do so. I have seen too many failings to trust him any further, from his 'Kelvin was the best player on the park' comment, to his inability to make a tactical substitution. From his failure to give anyone but his favourites a chance, to his blaming fat refs, wind etc for inept performances.

I see a cracking squad that he has assembled, but not managed properly. I see a man who refuses to believe he is wrong and I see a team that are in very real danger of dropping out of the play-offs when they should never have dropped out of the top two.

I was one of the many people who said we would have a better idea of his ability by Christmas. Now that date has passed, and he has not improved in my opinion. There are other managers names banded about and I have already said that Stockport are quite possibly going into administration at the end of the season, so Jim Gannon would be a possible target.

I will stick by my prediction that we are not going up again, despite being in a great position. If I am wrong, I will hold my hands up and say so (And I'd be delighted to be in that situation) but I feel that won't be the case, and TTA are going to get tired of funding also rans.

I will stick by my prediction that we are not going up again, despite being in a great position. If I am wrong, I will hold my hands up and say so (And I'd be delighted to be in that situation) but I feel that won't be the case, and TTA are going to get tired of funding also rans.

This is my fear. Most people don't see the danger that this club is in. Being (for now) high up in the division blinds us to the fact that, coupled with yet another totally unconvincing 'promotion challenge', the stalling of the stadium redevelopment, in an economic climate in which the conditions for it going ahead now seem to be permanently absent (for this is no ordinary recession and we are never going back to the economic conditions of two or three years ago), leaves the club high and dry.

Unless there is a plan B.

This club was basically wrecked in the mid 1990s by the fatalistic owners we then suffered. The speed of the decline they presided over, with nothing to offer from them apart from hand-wringing, immediately after the club's most successful period ever, says all you need to know about why even the smallest clubs in the division don't take us seriously.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Quite. But Shez isn't able to give him grief is he? That's the point.

To get into a yelling competition ("Who can shout 'Shut the f*** up' the loudest?") is hardly conducive to good management.

Neither is publicly stating that he wants more of the same on Tuesday, when a large proportion of the crowd expressed their dissatisfaction at the performance.

I'm not going to change peoples perception of the guy, and have no wish to do so. I have seen too many failings to trust him any further, from his 'Kelvin was the best player on the park' comment, to his inability to make a tactical substitution. From his failure to give anyone but his favourites a chance, to his blaming fat refs, wind etc for inept performances.

I see a cracking squad that he has assembled, but not managed properly. I see a man who refuses to believe he is wrong and I see a team that are in very real danger of dropping out of the play-offs when they should never have dropped out of the top two.

I was one of the many people who said we would have a better idea of his ability by Christmas. Now that date has passed, and he has not improved in my opinion. There are other managers names banded about and I have already said that Stockport are quite possibly going into administration at the end of the season, so Jim Gannon would be a possible target.

AGREE BUT if you look at shezs 2nd comment of shut up then hughes comes back with the 2nd shut the :censored: up hughes says it twice to him so ppl need to see that

not saying its right but hughes says it twice before shez says it once

Edited by sheridans_world

AGREE BUT if you look at shezs 2nd comment of shut up then hughes comes back with the 2nd shut the :censored: up hughes says it twice to him so ppl need to see that

not saying its right but hughes says it twice before shez says it once

What Shez SHOULD have said is "Prove me wrong Lee, go and bag a hat trick and we'll discuss this in the dressing room".

What Shez SHOULD have said is "Prove me wrong Lee, go and bag a hat trick and we'll discuss this in the dressing room".

i know what your saying and totally agree but hughes shouldnt of said that in the 1st place to his manager not even once he said it twice

anyway dont really think that matters does it prob heat of the moment

Whatever happens with our squad - ie we dont go up, lose a lot of players, I will still want the kids who come in to replace the 'superstars' being tought to play the ball along the deck and across the pitch rather than get some tosser in again to get em to win at all costs!

Leezy - am I right in thinkin you're the guy with the big spikes like something charlie harper would approve of? Clocked you and a few others trying to clap the team off to drown out the boo boys - a valiant attempt.

aye that be me wi the spikes n boots - my mates and I always clap the lads off as long as we feel they have tried - and they certainly give a reet go on satdi - just one of them games!!