That's made my mind up

1) I never said I wanted to replace the centre backs...I wanted peoples opinion ahead of Sheridan bringing in a centre back utilising the Davies money.

2) I have advocated Smalley from the days in the youth team however, the last two games he as started I cant recall one cross he put in with any element of danger.

3) I said Football football football!!!!!!!

i would say if he brought in a centre back now instead of a ball winning midfielder it would be a waste of the money,hazell has said he wants to stay here for the rest of his carear,greegan has at least another season at this level,different when we go up,but that can be adressed then when more choice of player is available.

depends what your terminology of football is..everybodys is different.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say if he brought in a centre back now instead of a ball winning midfielder it would be a waste of the money,hazell has said he wants to stay here for the rest of his carear,greegan has at least another season at this level,different when we go up,but that can be adressed then when more choice of player is available.

depends what your terminology of football is..everybodys is different.

My terminology of football is quite simple. You recieve the ball, look up, pass it along the floor (with pace if needed) and move into space. Simple.

My terminology of football is quite simple. You recieve the ball, look up, pass it along the floor (with pace if needed) and move into space. Simple.

hence why i said like we played against stockport,along the floor passing it quickly and accurately linking up all over the field and not panicking and hoofing it everywhere,but you seemed to disagree by saying "i said football football football"

so do you think it would be a waste of money bringing in a centre back instead of a ball winning midfielder then??? you didnt reply

I would say to those who are subscribers to the shez in party, go and watch them train!

It will make you cry and you will understand where all the confusion and lack of respect comes from on matchdays.

I know we are still in the play offs but if we relinquish our place and say the like of Leeds, Huddersfield take it, do you honestly believe Sheridan can inspire the players to claim it back.

With the strength that Huddersfield & Leeds have and the resources at their disposal I dont fancy our chances at all!

I don’t.

Finally imagine this conversation between Alex Ferguson and Berbatov or Rooney.

AF: "Hold the ball up"

DB: "Shut the F*** up!"

AF: "Shut up!"

DB: "Shut the F*** up!"

AF: "Shut the F*** up!"

What would come next do you think?

I know, Tevez warm up then a call to Eastland’s inviting bids for a Bulgarian front man!

What did Sheridan do with hughes? Most prob have a pint or 12 afterwards with him.

Amazingly I'm not a Shez out man, for now atleast. It would make no sense at all to sack him now with so much to play for and there's no board around who would sack their manager if they were in the same position.

But his position needs to be reviewed at the end of the season if we don't win promotion, some truly baffling decisions regarding signings and reluctance to give certain players a chance whilest keeping his mates in the team.

He's far too close to the players, they can't take a bollocking off there mate serious enough.

:shock:

I couldn't agree more!

:o

hence why i said like we played against stockport,along the floor passing it quickly and accurately linking up all over the field and not panicking and hoofing it everywhere,but you seemed to disagree by saying "i said football football football"

so do you think it would be a waste of money bringing in a centre back instead of a ball winning midfielder then??? you didnt reply

I think youre missing my point...I dont want a center back in...I never said I did. I ponted out where I feel our priorities lie. Look up the board on this thread there's your answer.

Yep! Another Shez out post I'm afraid, so those who disagree can go back to polishing their blue tinted specs and needn't read on (Or as usual they may like to reply with their predictable " You know nothing about football / Go and watch someone else / WTF we're still in a playoff spot ? / You're a tool etc." :bored:

I can respect the idea that people are losing patience with Sheridan but it always gets me how polarised people are on this issue and the bitterness towards those who disagree. On the one hand, you sarcastically predict the "You know nothing about football..." response, whilst, on the other, implying anyone who disagrees with you must be looking through 'blue tinted specs'.

To start, I'm not a Shez outer (well not yet anyway - I've never called for a manager to be sacked whilst in position but have always understood why others have and do)

I've also deliberatly held off posting about yetserday until today as I decided I needed to sleep on it to avoid saying things I would regret the day after.

Yesterday was frustrationg - again.

We should have won the game, about that there is no doubt. We had the chances.

We were set up right. Shez has, I believe, the tactics sorted. However, and this is the big thing for me, we still lack certain personnel.

I hear you say "what do you mean?" Well going through the team here is my view

Goalkeeper. Crossley has proved invaluable. Despite certain rumblings from the fans he has allowed and worked with the back 4 to develop a sense of a solid unit (defensively) - Fleming has come in following the injury to Crossley and despite my reservations from seeing him pre season and against Burnley, he has shown that he is a keeper with much potential. However, he is still too quiet for me and needs to talk more to his defenders. Hopefully this will come with experience.

Right back. We have 2 young players for this position. Lomax has had a good spell in the team, but like all youngsters has suffered a dip in form particularly in possession where he is struggling imo. The fact that some of the punters are having a go at him (and I have to hold my hand up here because I have in the last 4 games - note to self, stop slagging your own payers during a game) doesn't help. I seriously believe he needs a spell out of the team - It would help if we had a reserve team for him to play a few games without pressure. With Eardley, we have a proper full back with loads of potential, a fact backed up by him being called up to the full Wales squad and clubs from higher leagues consistently being linked with him. However like Lomax he is young and has needed a spell out of the team. I believe he has come back a better player and has been unlucky to be left out after his suspension. His link up play with our right winger/right sided midfielder particularly whilst the relatively inexperienced Smalley is in the side is essential and he does this better than Lomax.

Left Back. One of the biggest blows to us this season is the loss of Danny Jones. His full back play and link up play with Taylor down the left was a feature of the team. It took a little while for that pattern to develop when he 1st came, but come it did. Whilst Lomax and Goldbourne (to date) have done ok since, it is a feature we are clearly missing.

Centre half. Take your pick. Any 2 from 3 from Hazell, Gregan and Stam. They will all do a good job in this league, although I do believe that the current pairing is our strongest, now that the Captain seems to be almost back to his best form.

So defensively I believe we are quite strong and I cannot see where there is any critisism that can be levied at the manager.

Right Midfield. Old man Lids for me earned his place at the start of the season on merit and justifiably kept his place for a period. However as the season has progressed he has become less and less effective and Shez has rightly taken him out of the team, firstly replacing him with Lee and more recently Smalley. Lee performed very well at Crewe but was less effective against Carlisle. My only critisism is that is 2 games enough to prove yourself? I don't know. Smalley is a good player, he proved that last season, but he is still inconsistent, something Shez has commented on and is pushing the youngster to improve on by believing in himself.

Central Midfield. I'll come back to this

Left midfield. Taylor is a shoe in and virtually the 1st name on the team sheet. Less effective since late last year (he is clearly missing Jones who took some of the focus away from Taylor) but still will be a match winner for us between now and the end of the season

Forwards:

Hughes. Considered by some as a god, which is OTT. Siege mentality is fine due to the stick that both he and we as a club have suffered since we signed him. Hughes works hard for the team, closing down and has shown this season, why he previously played at a higher level. However, for me, he is not the player he was before his spell inside. Still if he can score us 20-25 goals a season then no complaints.

Windass. Clearly has class, but is needing time to adjust to league 3 players. He is for me 2 or 3 seconds in front of some of our players in terms of seeing things and reacting to them. I fully believe that between now and the end of the season we will see the benefit of signing him. Oh and to the d*ck head in the Chaddy centre block back tier rows P or R I think who called him a fat b*stard yesterday as he was going off. Sir you are a knob of the highest order and why don't you go and say it to his face you spineless git

Alessandra. Another player of potential, massive potential in fact. Started the season off well, but he does lack a little self belief (similar to Smalley) but I trust that will come in time especially if he starts to find the back of the net. (see comments below about central midfield) I still think he has a big part to play between now and the end of the season.

Davies. Off to Brighton tomorrow and this is no real surpise. He started last season well, before fading and then getting injured. Looked lacklustre pre-season and then sent off at Rochdale. Frustration had clealry set in. He returned to the team against Morecombe and put in the effort, but was then farmed out to Stockport on loan where, although scoring a few goals recieved mixed reports. Take out his hatrick and he scored 3 in 12. He has been back at BP for nearly a month and for me has not shown anything different. I think Davies will always frustrate, good on his day, but anonymous for long periods.

O'Grady. Out on loan again and a player I feel that Shez probably made a mistake in signing. Whilst his general all round play is good, he does not look like scoring and it is worrying that he has failed to impress so far on his 2 loan spells in division 4. I'd be surprised if he returns if someone offers to take him on for the rest of the season.

Overall with Hughes, Windass and Allesandra (we may need another forward on loan at some point between now and the end of the season to cover injury/suspension/loss of form) I feel we have enough up front - IF, and this is the big issue for me, if they have the service and that is where the problem lies.

Central Midfield. I said I would return to this area of the team, because this is where the frustration stems from. Allot, Maher and Whittaker. It is currently 2 from these 3, with Lee not being considered (I haven't seen Lee play central mid so can't comment if that is justified or not.) Allot is the holding player when Whittaker plays and seems to push on when Maher is his partner. Whittaker is clealry seen as the creator of the 3. However the question is whether he is good enough to do this role to an extent that he can push us on to turn defeats into draws and draws to victories. The general consensus seems to be no he can't and it is hard to disagree with this. His 1st 6 games or so, he was excellent, but as with all new things, the opposition can quickly work you out at professional level. We can get the ball out wide to Lids/Smalley and Taylor, no problem, but releasing the front 2 just doesn't happen so its either ball out wide or ball over the top. In other words a lack of creativity, that makes it so much easier for the opposition to set up against. The oppo know that we do not have that in our current make up.

What/who would make the difference? For me nothing that we currently have. However, a Wellens or Killkenny type of player would. Some didn't like these 2 players during their time here calling them arrogant amonst other things. Well arrogance, self belief or whatever you want to call it is part of the make up of this type of player (and I just wish that Smalley and Allesandra had it.) They have the ability to thread the ball for a forward to get the wrong side of a defender. Of course it doesn't always come off, they'd be premier league players if it did, but that is the difference between what we have now and being serious automatic chasers. Whilst there is no chance of a Wellens return, the rumours continue about NK. I just hope they are true, because he knows the place so well, would settle in quickly and add that "arrogance" to the centre of the park that we are currently lacking. Whittaker has scored 6 times this season. I'd be surprised if there were any tics out there who don't think that NK would have at least matched that total had we had him here this season.

So in answer to the OP's well set out post, I believe that our problem stems from the fact that we have not got certain players in our squad and with the style the manager has set out to play we need them in. You could argue that the manager should play a style to suit the players that he has got, but that is a decision for Shez and he may feel that the style we play is still the best option. Basically, Jones and Kilkenny plus another back up forward will/could/should change the frustration to joy and probable promotion.

I do believe that is what Shez is striving to achieve. I do believe that he is as frustrated as the rset of us. However, knowing his budget and what he can bring in, and when, he continues to push the team to play the way he wants and believes in. In other words sticking to his beliefs and principles. I do not for 1 minute believe that he has lost the dressing room.

Finally, I do still believe in the manager, but there are times between 3.00pm and 4.45pm, when I get really frustrated and if you saw or heard me, particularly yesterday you wouldn't think so.

I hope this reply answer the OP's point in a reasoned manner. Oh and yes you might have guessed I'm not a kid :tongue1:

Cheers,

Harry

Fantastic Post HDGS... I cant argue with anything you say, and well, if anyone else can i'm convinced they are either fishing or trolling....

I cant really add anything, other than to utterly agree that Neil Kilkenny has the potential to transform this side. Now, for 85 minutes he can be an arrogant little :censored: , however he produces 5 minutes of magic, and thats it game over. Thats what you want him there for.

Strangely looking forward to tomorrow. Cant see nay of our players going anywhere now (except kes' flight to brighton). However there will be a massive smile on my face if I get a text on my phone saying Killer is back.

As for the right wing... well, strong rumours about Gleeson too, who can very much play there (as can kilkenny). Now that would be a hell of a signing too...

ah well... we will see...

Good post Harry...and I'm glad you've finally come round to my Danny Jones way of thinking :wink:

Just reviewing the whole season and where we are now.

It's only with him being out of the side that you realise the difference he made.

My original opinion was wrong and I am quite happy to admit that. Not that I actually thought he was a bad player just that I wasn't sure if he was unbalancing the team.

Hindsight is a magical thing.

Cheers,

Harry.

Yep! Another Shez out post I'm afraid, so those who disagree can go back to polishing their blue tinted specs and needn't read on (Or as usual they may like to reply with their predictable " You know nothing about football / Go and watch someone else / WTF we're still in a playoff spot ? / You're a tool etc." :bored:

Without reiterating points made by others regarding ludicrous loan deals, broken promises of squad changes et al, there has only been one occasion this side of Christmas where I've seen Sheridan perform like a manager (Calling Gregan and Haze over for a word while we were celebrating Whit's goal against Stockport). The rest of the time he has stood there looking lost, occasionally shouting basic stuff to players that a six year old wouldn't need to be told.

Yesterday was the final straw. For those who didn't hear it, here's a 'conversation' between Shez and Hughes;

JS: "Hold the ball up"

LH: "Shut the F*** up!"

JS: "Shut up!"

LH: "Shut the F*** up!"

JS: "Shut the F*** up!"

Now there's an insight into the level of intelligence of our manager - If that's the limit of his vocabulary then it's no wonder he can't get a point across. Of course, we should also remember his favoured retort of "Shut up you muppet" whenever anyone suggests his tactics aren't working.

Sheridans use of substitutes is equally bewildering. Like for like subs are not going to work when it's the source of the problem that needs addressing. For instance, Whittaker was too deep, and largely ineffective, meaning the supply to the forwards was via defence rather than midfield, so why not put an attacking midfielder on, or even drop Windy behind LH and LA - either way it was Danny Whittaker that should have made way for a tactical change.

After another poor 75 minutes, JS has stated that he wants us to play like that again on Tuesday :shock: . Had I not been a season ticket holder I would certainly be missing that one - Thanks for the warning Shez, I'll take a crossword with me.

"We were trying to win the game" said Sheridan, well here's some news John - so were Swindon until the last 10 minutes, and you can guarantee Leicester and Leeds will be doing the same, only they will be much more effective outfits than Swindon. Rather than a scarf I shall be taking a white flag against Leeds, if that is how we are going to attempt to win the game.

Sheridan has shown the ability to assemble a very good squad - but he can't manage it. We could quite conceivably be sitting in 10th place by the end of February the way we are going, and that would be a travesty considering the potential we have. We appear to be knocking the skill out of decent players - perhaps that's what Shez wanted to do when he said Stephens 'needs to learn to play the Oldham way'.

After watching Latics for nearly 40 years, I honestly believe we have a good squad in this one - but we have a manager who has gone as far as he can.

Ok rant over. Shez Out

<Awaits snotty kid replying with stock retort>

You know nothing about football!

Go and watch someone else!

WTF we're still in a playoff spot!?

You're a tool!

:lol:

To start, I'm not a Shez outer (well not yet anyway - I've never called for a manager to be sacked whilst in position but have always understood why others have and do)

I've also deliberatly held off posting about yetserday until today as I decided I needed to sleep on it to avoid saying things I would regret the day after.

Yesterday was frustrationg - again.

We should have won the game, about that there is no doubt. We had the chances.

We were set up right. Shez has, I believe, the tactics sorted. However, and this is the big thing for me, we still lack certain personnel.

I hear you say "what do you mean?" Well going through the team here is my view

Goalkeeper. Crossley has proved invaluable. Despite certain rumblings from the fans he has allowed and worked with the back 4 to develop a sense of a solid unit (defensively) - Fleming has come in following the injury to Crossley and despite my reservations from seeing him pre season and against Burnley, he has shown that he is a keeper with much potential. However, he is still too quiet for me and needs to talk more to his defenders. Hopefully this will come with experience.

Right back. We have 2 young players for this position. Lomax has had a good spell in the team, but like all youngsters has suffered a dip in form particularly in possession where he is struggling imo. The fact that some of the punters are having a go at him (and I have to hold my hand up here because I have in the last 4 games - note to self, stop slagging your own payers during a game) doesn't help. I seriously believe he needs a spell out of the team - It would help if we had a reserve team for him to play a few games without pressure. With Eardley, we have a proper full back with loads of potential, a fact backed up by him being called up to the full Wales squad and clubs from higher leagues consistently being linked with him. However like Lomax he is young and has needed a spell out of the team. I believe he has come back a better player and has been unlucky to be left out after his suspension. His link up play with our right winger/right sided midfielder particularly whilst the relatively inexperienced Smalley is in the side is essential and he does this better than Lomax.

Left Back. One of the biggest blows to us this season is the loss of Danny Jones. His full back play and link up play with Taylor down the left was a feature of the team. It took a little while for that pattern to develop when he 1st came, but come it did. Whilst Lomax and Goldbourne (to date) have done ok since, it is a feature we are clearly missing.

Centre half. Take your pick. Any 2 from 3 from Hazell, Gregan and Stam. They will all do a good job in this league, although I do believe that the current pairing is our strongest, now that the Captain seems to be almost back to his best form.

So defensively I believe we are quite strong and I cannot see where there is any critisism that can be levied at the manager.

Right Midfield. Old man Lids for me earned his place at the start of the season on merit and justifiably kept his place for a period. However as the season has progressed he has become less and less effective and Shez has rightly taken him out of the team, firstly replacing him with Lee and more recently Smalley. Lee performed very well at Crewe but was less effective against Carlisle. My only critisism is that is 2 games enough to prove yourself? I don't know. Smalley is a good player, he proved that last season, but he is still inconsistent, something Shez has commented on and is pushing the youngster to improve on by believing in himself.

Central Midfield. I'll come back to this

Left midfield. Taylor is a shoe in and virtually the 1st name on the team sheet. Less effective since late last year (he is clearly missing Jones who took some of the focus away from Taylor) but still will be a match winner for us between now and the end of the season

Forwards:

Hughes. Considered by some as a god, which is OTT. Siege mentality is fine due to the stick that both he and we as a club have suffered since we signed him. Hughes works hard for the team, closing down and has shown this season, why he previously played at a higher level. However, for me, he is not the player he was before his spell inside. Still if he can score us 20-25 goals a season then no complaints.

Windass. Clearly has class, but is needing time to adjust to league 3 players. He is for me 2 or 3 seconds in front of some of our players in terms of seeing things and reacting to them. I fully believe that between now and the end of the season we will see the benefit of signing him. Oh and to the d*ck head in the Chaddy centre block back tier rows P or R I think who called him a fat b*stard yesterday as he was going off. Sir you are a knob of the highest order and why don't you go and say it to his face you spineless git

Alessandra. Another player of potential, massive potential in fact. Started the season off well, but he does lack a little self belief (similar to Smalley) but I trust that will come in time especially if he starts to find the back of the net. (see comments below about central midfield) I still think he has a big part to play between now and the end of the season.

Davies. Off to Brighton tomorrow and this is no real surpise. He started last season well, before fading and then getting injured. Looked lacklustre pre-season and then sent off at Rochdale. Frustration had clealry set in. He returned to the team against Morecombe and put in the effort, but was then farmed out to Stockport on loan where, although scoring a few goals recieved mixed reports. Take out his hatrick and he scored 3 in 12. He has been back at BP for nearly a month and for me has not shown anything different. I think Davies will always frustrate, good on his day, but anonymous for long periods.

O'Grady. Out on loan again and a player I feel that Shez probably made a mistake in signing. Whilst his general all round play is good, he does not look like scoring and it is worrying that he has failed to impress so far on his 2 loan spells in division 4. I'd be surprised if he returns if someone offers to take him on for the rest of the season.

Overall with Hughes, Windass and Allesandra (we may need another forward on loan at some point between now and the end of the season to cover injury/suspension/loss of form) I feel we have enough up front - IF, and this is the big issue for me, if they have the service and that is where the problem lies.

Central Midfield. I said I would return to this area of the team, because this is where the frustration stems from. Allot, Maher and Whittaker. It is currently 2 from these 3, with Lee not being considered (I haven't seen Lee play central mid so can't comment if that is justified or not.) Allot is the holding player when Whittaker plays and seems to push on when Maher is his partner. Whittaker is clealry seen as the creator of the 3. However the question is whether he is good enough to do this role to an extent that he can push us on to turn defeats into draws and draws to victories. The general consensus seems to be no he can't and it is hard to disagree with this. His 1st 6 games or so, he was excellent, but as with all new things, the opposition can quickly work you out at professional level. We can get the ball out wide to Lids/Smalley and Taylor, no problem, but releasing the front 2 just doesn't happen so its either ball out wide or ball over the top. In other words a lack of creativity, that makes it so much easier for the opposition to set up against. The oppo know that we do not have that in our current make up.

What/who would make the difference? For me nothing that we currently have. However, a Wellens or Killkenny type of player would. Some didn't like these 2 players during their time here calling them arrogant amonst other things. Well arrogance, self belief or whatever you want to call it is part of the make up of this type of player (and I just wish that Smalley and Allesandra had it.) They have the ability to thread the ball for a forward to get the wrong side of a defender. Of course it doesn't always come off, they'd be premier league players if it did, but that is the difference between what we have now and being serious automatic chasers. Whilst there is no chance of a Wellens return, the rumours continue about NK. I just hope they are true, because he knows the place so well, would settle in quickly and add that "arrogance" to the centre of the park that we are currently lacking. Whittaker has scored 6 times this season. I'd be surprised if there were any tics out there who don't think that NK would have at least matched that total had we had him here this season.

So in answer to the OP's well set out post, I believe that our problem stems from the fact that we have not got certain players in our squad and with the style the manager has set out to play we need them in. You could argue that the manager should play a style to suit the players that he has got, but that is a decision for Shez and he may feel that the style we play is still the best option. Basically, Jones and Kilkenny plus another back up forward will/could/should change the frustration to joy and probable promotion.

I do believe that is what Shez is striving to achieve. I do believe that he is as frustrated as the rset of us. However, knowing his budget and what he can bring in, and when, he continues to push the team to play the way he wants and believes in. In other words sticking to his beliefs and principles. I do not for 1 minute believe that he has lost the dressing room.

Finally, I do still believe in the manager, but there are times between 3.00pm and 4.45pm, when I get really frustrated and if you saw or heard me, particularly yesterday you wouldn't think so.

I hope this reply answer the OP's point in a reasoned manner. Oh and yes you might have guessed I'm not a kid :tongue1:

Cheers,

Harry

Great sensible post - I think we are missing Dan Jones and think he would have been with us for the season if he had not got injured, hopefully there is still a chance to get him back though am not sure of the current situation with his injury.

I also agree on the midfield side, I am one of the seemingly few who thinks that Whits can do a job for us, but agree that he has been found out in a few games recently. Trouble is there are not too many decent creative CMs at this level. For me Kilkenny would be a good addition(or Wellens) does anyone know, is there any truth to the rumour with KK or is it just messageboard chat?

Smalley has bagfuls of potential but his touch isn't quite there when going at full tilt(tho yesterday nor was Taylor's)what we need is Liddle's ability to deliver a good ball with Deanos pace and ability to run. Hopefully this will be where he can improve(I rate him btw so am not on his back about this - travelling at pace and delivering great service is v difficult)

Great sensible post - I think we are missing Dan Jones and think he would have been with us for the season if he had not got injured, hopefully there is still a chance to get him back though am not sure of the current situation with his injury.

I also agree on the midfield side, I am one of the seemingly few who thinks that Whits can do a job for us, but agree that he has been found out in a few games recently. Trouble is there are not too many decent creative CMs at this level. For me Kilkenny would be a good addition(or Wellens) does anyone know, is there any truth to the rumour with KK or is it just messageboard chat?

Smalley has bagfuls of potential but his touch isn't quite there when going at full tilt(tho yesterday nor was Taylor's)what we need is Liddle's ability to deliver a good ball with Deanos pace and ability to run. Hopefully this will be where he can improve(I rate him btw so am not on his back about this - travelling at pace and delivering great service is v difficult)

Maybe we could have a brain swap between Lids and Smalley :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

I can respect the idea that people are losing patience with Sheridan but it always gets me how polarised people are on this issue and the bitterness towards those who disagree. On the one hand, you sarcastically predict the "You know nothing about football..." response, whilst, on the other, implying anyone who disagrees with you must be looking through 'blue tinted specs'.

Fair point. Noted.

I can assure you I'm not bitter to those who disagree, I truly prefer to hear reasons why they disagree rather than 'You know nowt'.

Sensible debate is easier on the blood pressure (Pity Latics aint).

Thanks for not disappointing :lol:

Tool.

Apart from that :tongue1: , I can't see the justification for saying that there are clear options for better managers out there. Shez has his shortfalls, but I propose the following difficulties in recruiting a replacement:

Less than huge budget for the division;

Owners openly talking about reducing the budget further next season;

No end in sight to the development of the ground

If you add to the above:

Previous manager sacked after finishing in the top third every season;

Who the hell would want the job? Someone completely untried from a lower level maybe, or a player going straight into management, or someone who has been sacked by their previous club, who would 99% probably have been performing a lot worse than we are before sacking him...

well worth the wait and posted what most of us are thinking but not quite sure how to get that across properley.

i posted a few weeks ago that we was missing jones,as he takes the pressure off taylor to an extent,but he still gets overmarked,think the only game recently where he has shaken his markers is stockport,and he ran riot...

jones injury situation,wolves basically lied when he went back,said something along the lines of 3 weeks and he should be ok,then it turned to be 6 weeks,shez was already asking for the deal until the end of the season with first option on him should a deal be struck,but due to the injury time had to get someone in for a month,i think jones will come back.

as for the kilkenny rumours...its been on messageboards and also sports websites...as well as being in one of the papers last week who ran a transfer window special,he was under as one we want to sign,but that was it,no mention of anybody else comming in or wanting.

would of liked to have seen lee in central midfield,whitts needs time out for a few games,may just shake him up a bit and get him back to first 6 games form again,just dont understand why we bring in players then dont give them a chance.

Sad but spot on post.

The Shez warning bells started ringing when we were run ragged at Stockport. It wasn't the 3-1 defeat that stuck in my throat it was the manner and the ease to which Stockport strolled to it. Before then we were getting carried away with our midfield yet in 45 mins it was shown up to be what it is...pedestrian like.

Stockport played us off the park by pass and move football and we didn't have an answer. Shez couldn't change it. Yet sadly it's happened on countless occasions since. And he still can't change it.

Since Stockport, Shez has been my focus, rightly or wrongly, and he's failed miserably.

From interviews to loan signings to substitutions to team selections...right through to the pre-match warm up!

He just doesn't fill me with any confidence and assurance that he knows what he's doing. Perhaps he does. Or at least perhaps he knows what he WANTS to do. But can he do it? Can he balls.

He tries a few matches with Maher in the side yet, in an instant, it's back to Whitts and Allott, the safe option. Lee, a player who looks like he can move the ball around comfortably and quickly, gets a few mins here and there on the right wing. Stephens? Every other week he has a good run around at half time. And changing it during the game? Well he can bring Lidds on.

And this Hughes 'dialogue' just doesn't surprise me. Any manager who demands his players call him by his nickname will never command the respect he should. Simple as. Windass has said he's not comfortable with it himself. Shez will always be one of the lads and it seems perverse that he wants to be seen that way.

Yet what we need now more than ever is someone that will squeeze every last drop of effort out of his team, a la Dowie. Players were disciplined then, we looked like a team full of winners, everything about the playing side of things just oozed professionalism. The training, the fitness, the warm ups, everything. Players would do anything and leave everything on the pitch for him. And more often than not they did that, because they wanted to, they respected him. These traits cost nothing. Yet even though Shez was in and around the Dowie regime, unfortunately he's taken nowt from it.

We need a manager who demands the highest possible levels. What we don't need is a manager who so publicly accepts and praises a woeful performance at such a critical time of the season.

E4e

INEPT

ooh shock horror - manager loses it with a player (a player I think needed a kick up his ass on Satdi - didnt chase at times) - ooh sack him! Results wise we dont win every game but on a limited budget he has got a bloomin brill squad together and got us playing footy on the deck - I personally would be gutted if he left us - he was the reason I decided to get a season ticket after such a long time in the wilderness - so Shez in!!

ooh shock horror - manager loses it with a player (a player I think needed a kick up his ass on Satdi - didnt chase at times) - ooh sack him! Results wise we dont win every game but on a limited budget he has got a bloomin brill squad together and got us playing footy on the deck - I personally would be gutted if he left us - he was the reason I decided to get a season ticket after such a long time in the wilderness - so Shez in!!

Leezy - am I right in thinkin you're the guy with the big spikes like something charlie harper would approve of? Clocked you and a few others trying to clap the team off to drown out the boo boys - a valiant attempt.

he needed a kick up the arse first half....second half when the dialogue started he was back to almost his usual self..im not one of those who blow smoke up hughes arse,i think he misses a lot more easier chance than he scores,but second half he sorted himself out.

as for limited budget...take leeds and leicster out of it,and we probably have the next best budget,as he has had for 3 seasons running

at the start of the season i gave him until christmas,then after the start and 10 games in i changed to end of season.

im still not convinced he is our best hope of promotion,just like im still not convinced he isnt.

only time will tell...but where do you sensibly draw the line..3 years....4 years....5 years....

i think if we was sat here in 2 years time,and still in this league,still getting the same inept performances,you couldnt argue it will have been 5 wasted years with the best financial backing any manager has had.....could you???