That's made my mind up

Yep! Another Shez out post I'm afraid, so those who disagree can go back to polishing their blue tinted specs and needn't read on (Or as usual they may like to reply with their predictable " You know nothing about football / Go and watch someone else / WTF we're still in a playoff spot ? / You're a tool etc." :bored:

Without reiterating points made by others regarding ludicrous loan deals, broken promises of squad changes et al, there has only been one occasion this side of Christmas where I've seen Sheridan perform like a manager (Calling Gregan and Haze over for a word while we were celebrating Whit's goal against Stockport). The rest of the time he has stood there looking lost, occasionally shouting basic stuff to players that a six year old wouldn't need to be told.

Yesterday was the final straw. For those who didn't hear it, here's a 'conversation' between Shez and Hughes;

JS: "Hold the ball up"

LH: "Shut the F*** up!"

JS: "Shut up!"

JS: "Shut the F*** up!"

Now there's an insight into the level of intelligence of our manager - If that's the limit of his vocabulary then it's no wonder he can't get a point across. Of course, we should also remember his favoured retort of "Shut up you muppet" whenever anyone suggests his tactics aren't working.

Sheridans use of substitutes is equally bewildering. Like for like subs are not going to work when it's the source of the problem that needs addressing. For instance, Whittaker was too deep, and largely ineffective, meaning the supply to the forwards was via defence rather than midfield, so why not put an attacking midfielder on, or even drop Windy behind LH and LA - either way it was Danny Whittaker that should have made way for a tactical change.

After another poor 75 minutes, JS has stated that he wants us to play like that again on Tuesday :shock: . Had I not been a season ticket holder I would certainly be missing that one - Thanks for the warning Shez, I'll take a crossword with me.

"We were trying to win the game" said Sheridan, well here's some news John - so were Swindon until the last 10 minutes, and you can guarantee Leicester and Leeds will be doing the same, only they will be much more effective outfits than Swindon. Rather than a scarf I shall be taking a white flag against Leeds, if that is how we are going to attempt to win the game.

Sheridan has shown the ability to assemble a very good squad - but he can't manage it. We could quite conceivably be sitting in 10th place by the end of February the way we are going, and that would be a travesty considering the potential we have. We appear to be knocking the skill out of decent players - perhaps that's what Shez wanted to do when he said Stephens 'needs to learn to play the Oldham way'.

After watching Latics for nearly 40 years, I honestly believe we have a good squad in this one - but we have a manager who has gone as far as he can.

Ok rant over. Shez Out

<Awaits snotty kid replying with stock retort>

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Another Shez out post I'm afraid, so those who disagree can go back to polishing their blue tinted specs and needn't read on (Or as usual they may like to reply with their predictable " You know nothing about football / Go and watch someone else / WTF we're still in a playoff spot ? / You're a tool etc." :bored:

Without reiterating points made by others regarding ludicrous loan deals, broken promises of squad changes et al, there has only been one occasion this side of Christmas where I've seen Sheridan perform like a manager (Calling Gregan and Haze over for a word while we were celebrating Whit's goal against Stockport). The rest of the time he has stood there looking lost, occasionally shouting basic stuff to players that a six year old wouldn't need to be told.

Yesterday was the final straw. For those who didn't hear it, here's a 'conversation' between Shez and Hughes;

JS: "Hold the ball up"

JS: "Shut up!"

JS: "Shut the F*** up!"

Now there's an insight into the level of intelligence of our manager - If that's the limit of his vocabulary then it's no wonder he can't get a point across. Of course, we should also remember his favoured retort of "Shut up you muppet" whenever anyone suggests his tactics aren't working.

Sheridans use of substitutes is equally bewildering. Like for like subs are not going to work when it's the source of the problem that needs addressing. For instance, Whittaker was too deep, and largely ineffective, meaning the supply to the forwards was via defence rather than midfield, so why not put an attacking midfielder on, or even drop Windy behind LH and LA - either way it was Danny Whittaker that should have made way for a tactical change.

After another poor 75 minutes, JS has stated that he wants us to play like that again on Tuesday :shock: . Had I not been a season ticket holder I would certainly be missing that one - Thanks for the warning Shez, I'll take a crossword with me.

"We were trying to win the game" said Sheridan, well here's some news John - so were Swindon until the last 10 minutes, and you can guarantee Leicester and Leeds will be doing the same, only they will be much more effective outfits than Swindon. Rather than a scarf I shall be taking a white flag against Leeds, if that is how we are going to attempt to win the game.

Sheridan has shown the ability to assemble a very good squad - but he can't manage it. We could quite conceivably be sitting in 10th place by the end of February the way we are going, and that would be a travesty considering the potential we have. We appear to be knocking the skill out of decent players - perhaps that's what Shez wanted to do when he said Stephens 'needs to learn to play the Oldham way'.

After watching Latics for nearly 40 years, I honestly believe we have a good squad in this one - but we have a manager who has gone as far as he can.

Ok rant over. Shez Out

<Awaits snotty kid replying with stock retort>

Shez Out im fed up of his excusses. We should be comfortably in the top six with the squad we have.

No fair play at last a bit more of an argument put forward, thats the process of a debate.

So whilst I don't totally agree, lets agree to differ, where do we go from here in your eyes?

We would be the laughing stock of football, sacking a manager who has us in the play offs. You'd also lose many more fans than you would keeping him. It's all well and good reaching that conclusion but you create a bigger problem going forward.

One last point in his defence that good squad you mention, is his, so let him see it through.

No fair play at last a bit more of an argument put forward, thats the process of a debate.

So whilst I don't totally agree, lets agree to differ, where do we go from here in your eyes?

We would be the laughing stock of football, sacking a manager who has us in the play offs. You'd also lose many more fans than you would keeping him. It's all well and good reaching that conclusion but you create a bigger problem going forward.

One last point in his defence that good squad you mention, is his, so let him see it through.

for me, this is the attitude we all need to have for the next four months

It would indeed seem daft to sack a manager who has had us sitting at the top, and currently has us in a play off place, but it would also seem daft to continue to slide down the table without doing anything about it when we have the potential to be promoted. I couldn't care less how we were perceived as a club if it meant holding on to a serious promotion chance.

Maybe a look at the rest of the coaching staff could be the answer? Ask JS to work with Tony P instead? If he doesn't like it and decides to walk, then you know that he isn't prepared to accept he's wrong, and we haven't sacked him.

Tommy Wright spent the last 20 mins yesterday looking at his watch, then casting an eye back to the bench. Surely if the game needs a sub, then his watch shouldn't be dictating when?

It might be Tommy that is the problem? Though after yesterdays comments from Shez it would appear he is the one that's lost it.

It would indeed seem daft to sack a manager who has had us sitting at the top, and currently has us in a play off place, but it would also seem daft to continue to slide down the table without doing anything about it when we have the potential to be promoted. I couldn't care less how we were perceived as a club if it meant holding on to a serious promotion chance.

Maybe a look at the rest of the coaching staff could be the answer? Ask JS to work with Tony P instead? If he doesn't like it and decides to walk, then you know that he isn't prepared to accept he's wrong, and we haven't sacked him.

Tommy Wright spent the last 20 mins yesterday looking at his watch, then casting an eye back to the bench. Surely if the game needs a sub, then his watch shouldn't be dictating when?

It might be Tommy that is the problem? Though after yesterdays comments from Shez it would appear he is the one that's lost it.

the trouble is,yes the club would look a bit daft getting rid now,but like you say if we continue to slide down and no sign of regaining winning form and moving up again...there will be twice as many people saying why the hell didnt we get rid in jan when any new manager would at the very least have a chance of mainting a promotiuon chase.

the trouble is were not happy with the way were playing and the decisions being made,but reallistically.who is out there available to come in a do a better job than sheridan???

i mentioned last season about who was actually in charge,with shez stood there like a statue and tommy repeatedly running down the steps shouting something then running back up again....even crossley was at it yesterday,but in a manner that was encouraging,unlike shez who just seemed very angry and wanted to shout at people.

he is a very good coach when he commands the respect of the players,like when he was in charge of the ressies or youth,there younger and listen,the first team players wont respect him if he doesnt respect them.

You've summed it up for me there Delfer. Spot on.

To sack Shez makes no sense. Everyone is fed up after yesterday, Shez included no doubt. At the very least wait till the end of the season. I still believe we have made progress since Shz became manager. Even under Frizzell & Royle there were many frustratingly poor spells of games. In 73/4 we lost 3 or 4 on the trot before the 10 game winning run. I am not a snootty kid, have been a tic since 1958. As others have said what exactly would sacking Shez achieve.?

What I do question is why Hughes & Allessandra are not the first choice stike pair. It has been obvious since the pre season friendly aainst Hull that those two are the best we have

To sack Shez makes no sense. Everyone is fed up after yesterday, Shez included no doubt. At the very least wait till the end of the season. I still believe we have made progress since Shz became manager. Even under Frizzell & Royle there were many frustratingly poor spells of games. In 73/4 we lost 3 or 4 on the trot before the 10 game winning run. I am not a snootty kid, have been a tic since 1958. As others have said what exactly would sacking Shez achieve.?

What I do question is why Hughes & Allessandra are not the first choice stike pair. It has been obvious since the pre season friendly aainst Hull that those two are the best we have

maybe because sheridan doesnt think lewis is capable enough and prefers to play someone who has been there and done it,wouldnt be the first time.

interestingly though,if we dont sign killkenny today,how about taking whitts out and playing windass in his place,allott does the donkey work and break up play,would leave windass to spread play around and create something without having to run like a loon,leaving hughes experience and lewis energy to have a go at them.

the thing is unless we achieve at least a play off spot then we havent really moved forward in 3 years..yes the style of play is better than ronnies hoof ball,but have we really really moved forward...i dont think we have.

maybe because sheridan doesnt think lewis is capable enough and prefers to play someone who has been there and done it,wouldnt be the first time.

interestingly though,if we dont sign killkenny today,how about taking whitts out and playing windass in his place,allott does the donkey work and break up play,would leave windass to spread play around and create something without having to run like a loon,leaving hughes experience and lewis energy to have a go at them.

the thing is unless we achieve at least a play off spot then we havent really moved forward in 3 years..yes the style of play is better than ronnies hoof ball,but have we really really moved forward...i dont think we have.

I thought that would have been worth a try yesterday ie Whitts off, windass midfield & Lewis on

Spot on. Thats where the problem lies. We dont have anyboby creating chances.

Isn't it funny how all the Shez out brigade are still happy banging on about what the problem is and how he gets it wrong. I keep asking the question; so sack him and then what do you do?

The creator of this thread has brought one new issue to the table, and it's debatable whether it's not just another over re-action - at the end of the day we don't see 98% of Shez's "man management" becuause we don't hear it ot it's on the training ground/dressing room etc.

So feel free to keep flogging this particular dead horse, after all its easier than actually having responsibility & accountability which is what Corney has, i.e. I'll sack him.......................................Oh dear what do I do now??

For the last time, realise the consequence of your vigilante suggestions!

I thought that would have been worth a try yesterday ie Whitts off, windass midfield & Lewis on

I think that thought crossed many people's minds. Unfortunately not JS's.

We could see a toothless midfield - you would expect the changes to be made there instead of like for like player swaps.

Kilkenny is a decent player who just needs to change his attitude. If he WERE to rejoin us, the question would be at which players expense? DW for me I'm afraid.

Isn't it funny how all the Shez out brigade are still happy banging on about what the problem is and how he gets it wrong. I keep asking the question; so sack him and then what do you do?

The creator of this thread has brought one new issue to the table, and it's debatable whether it's not just another over re-action - at the end of the day we don't see 98% of Shez's "man management" becuause we don't hear it ot it's on the training ground/dressing room etc.

So feel free to keep flogging this particular dead horse, after all its easier than actually having responsibility & accountability which is what Corney has, i.e. I'll sack him.......................................Oh dear what do I do now??

For the last time, realise the consequence of your vigilante suggestions!

You DO have a good point, however there are many good managers who would jump ship at the moment to take over a side like ours.

Tin hat time....

I actually like Jim Gannon (I can hear the rumblings already :lol: ), and he is surely aware of Stockports impending administration fight. Or there's Rafa who could be out of a job soon (This post is getting dafter by the word now - please ignore it)

Seriously though, there's no shortage of managers, and I honestly believe we'll be looking at bringing one of them in at the end of the season anyway the way it's going - so why not now?

You DO have a good point, however there are many good managers who would jump ship at the moment to take over a side like ours.

Tin hat time....

I actually like Jim Gannon (I can hear the rumblings already :lol: ), and he is surely aware of Stockports impending administration fight. Or there's Rafa who could be out of a job soon (This post is getting dafter by the word now - please ignore it)

Seriously though, there's no shortage of managers, and I honestly believe we'll be looking at bringing one of them in at the end of the season anyway the way it's going - so why not now?

Thanks - I don't totally disagree with you either. We'll wait for Coney's call.

Quick note to some others, it is possible to have a proper debate about the club we all love without getting personal or childish. The alternative is to implode a la Eastlands.

Right I'm off to find a Leeds fan to torment................

Over the season our football as deteriorated and the question that needs asking...is why? Sure our midfield is lighweight, especially away from home but this is the same midfield that started the season!. Putting Windass in place of Whitaker is pure folly. No way Windass can play midfield, he's 39 for gowds sake and cannot do the running required over one half let alone two. This team needs two good full backs, a centre mid with grit and footballing ability, get Taylor back into mencing form and an opposing flanker to Taylor to deliver quality balls into Hughes and Windass. Most of all start preaching Football, football, football.

Quick question I would like the board members to quote on, whether youre a shez inner or outter: Of all the positions within the side we need to address, if we bring in a centre back utilising the wages saved on Davies would you question Shez's wisdom?

Edited by Lags

Quick question I would like the board members to quote on, whether youre a shez inner or outter: Of all the positions within the side we need to address, if we bring in a centre back utilising the wages saved on Davies would you question Shez's wisdom?

Do you know something we don't?

1) Why do you ask?

2) Gregan and Hazell are fine, Stam's good cover. Defensive weaknesses have been the full backs more than the centre backs.

3) If I'm not mistaken all 3 centre backs have their contracts due for renewal at the end of the season. He might be very wise to bring in a decent player in anticipation of Gregan retiring (especially if he has no driving licence), Hazell chasing more money elsewhere and Stam choosing to return to Holland.

Over the season our football as deteriorated and the question that needs asking...is why? Sure our midfield is lighweight, especially away from home but this is the same midfield that started the season!. Putting Windass in place of Whitaker is pure folly. No way Windass can play midfield, he's 39 for gowds sake and cannot do the running required over one half let alone two. This team needs two good full backs, a centre mid with grit and footballing ability, get Taylor back into mencing form and an opposing flanker to Taylor to deliver quality balls into Hughes and Windass. Most of all start preaching Football, football, football.

nothing wrong with greegan and hazell,so why you want them replacing???

the problem is midfield,no body to link up the front two..get taylor back to his menacing best you say,how on earth does he manage that when he is double marked exactly...

incidently how old was sheridan in his last season playing with us??? if you have a far superior brain and awareness of others you dont always need the legs...

put something on other flank to taylor...we already done that with smalley,he has pace were as liddell doesnt.

we can play football,just look at stockport game,we battered them by playing it on the floor,yet the very next game and the next home game cant do it again...why.

you have to admit that even the games we have won we havent played particular well

nothing wrong with greegan and hazell,so why you want them replacing???

the problem is midfield,no body to link up the front two..get taylor back to his menacing best you say,how on earth does he manage that when he is double marked exactly...

incidently how old was sheridan in his last season playing with us??? if you have a far superior brain and awareness of others you dont always need the legs...

put something on other flank to taylor...we already done that with smalley,he has pace were as liddell doesnt.

we can play football,just look at stockport game,we battered them by playing it on the floor,yet the very next game and the next home game cant do it again...why.

you have to admit that even the games we have won we havent played particular well

1) I never said I wanted to replace the centre backs...I wanted peoples opinion ahead of Sheridan bringing in a centre back utilising the Davies money.

2) I have advocated Smalley from the days in the youth team however, the last two games he as started I cant recall one cross he put in with any element of danger.

3) I said Football football football!!!!!!!

Amazingly I'm not a Shez out man, for now atleast. It would make no sense at all to sack him now with so much to play for and there's no board around who would sack their manager if they were in the same position.

But his position needs to be reviewed at the end of the season if we don't win promotion, some truly baffling decisions regarding signings and reluctance to give certain players a chance whilest keeping his mates in the team.

He's far too close to the players, they can't take a bollocking off there mate serious enough.