Valentine's day

My wife aint that arsed about valentines day. I hope!! My wedding anniversary falls on the start of every season (aug 10) and not only that, weve booked a holiday that falls on the playoff weekend. Im gutted. I cant get out of it. Shes counting down the days. Im not the only stupid 1 though as my mate has organised his stag weekend that same weekend. lol

My wife aint that arsed about valentines day. I hope!! My wedding anniversary falls on the start of every season (aug 10) and not only that, weve booked a holiday that falls on the playoff weekend. Im gutted. I cant get out of it. Shes counting down the days. Im not the only stupid 1 though as my mate has organised his stag weekend that same weekend. lol

i wouldnt say you was stupid...i reckon you just thought we would be up automatic by then and it would be classed as a celebratory holiday.

Grow some balls and stop being a wuss. Get to the football! Valentine's day is all commercial rubbish. Just tell her you can do something another day instead. less busy and you won't be checking you phone for texts on score updates! :grin:

The other day I offered to miss the Northampton game so that me and the good lady wife can spend valentine's together and go out for lunch and a walk and whatever. I fully expected her to say 'don't worry about it, we'll go out in the evening instead', whilst proving to her that she was more important than the latics. To my total dismay, she thought it was a great idea. To make things worse, I found out yesterday that the Bristol Rovers game has been re-arranged for the 24th, which is our 6 month wedding anniversary and I'd already arranged a meal and whatever.

Anyone else having to miss the game next Saturday because of valentine's? Or am I the only one under the thumb? Shall I put my foot down, go to the game and risk an almight row? Especially if we play like we did in the last home game, maybe I should be grateful for an excuse not to go...

Unlucky :)

Me and the wife will be having a meal Saturday evening AFTER the football :D

Ow, what a pickle. Glad I married in the off-season!

Wierd factoid of the day: Here in Bizarro Japan, it's the men who get the gifts on Valentine's Day; from spouse, from friends and, believe it or not, those who are obliged to you. :pimp::shakeit::icon_peace:

There you have it.

Cheers,

KC

Ow, what a pickle. Glad I married in the off-season!

Wierd factoid of the day: Here in Bizarro Japan, it's the men who get the gifts on Valentine's Day; from spouse, from friends and, believe it or not, those who are obliged to you. :pimp::shakeit::icon_peace:

There you have it.

Cheers,

KC

I heard about that last week KC, but don't the women get their's (oo-er) a month later?

6-0 St Valentine's Day Massacre, what a night!