Valentine's day

The other day I offered to miss the Northampton game so that me and the good lady wife can spend valentine's together and go out for lunch and a walk and whatever. I fully expected her to say 'don't worry about it, we'll go out in the evening instead', whilst proving to her that she was more important than the latics. To my total dismay, she thought it was a great idea. To make things worse, I found out yesterday that the Bristol Rovers game has been re-arranged for the 24th, which is our 6 month wedding anniversary and I'd already arranged a meal and whatever.

Anyone else having to miss the game next Saturday because of valentine's? Or am I the only one under the thumb? Shall I put my foot down, go to the game and risk an almight row? Especially if we play like we did in the last home game, maybe I should be grateful for an excuse not to go...

The other day I offered to miss the Northampton game so that me and the good lady wife can spend valentine's together and go out for lunch and a walk and whatever. I fully expected her to say 'don't worry about it, we'll go out in the evening instead', whilst proving to her that she was more important than the latics. To my total dismay, she thought it was a great idea. To make things worse, I found out yesterday that the Bristol Rovers game has been re-arranged for the 24th, which is our 6 month wedding anniversary and I'd already arranged a meal and whatever.

Anyone else having to miss the game next Saturday because of valentine's? Or am I the only one under the thumb? Shall I put my foot down, go to the game and risk an almight row? Especially if we play like we did in the last home game, maybe I should be grateful for an excuse not to go...

can't remember missing a valentines....

but she decided that we should get married one lovely october saturday morning.....

when she'd asked earlier on in the year to see if i was working, i told her i wasn't but that didn't matter anyway as the fixture list doesn't come out till june... she decided that I had a 50/50 chance and well you guessed it!!!

bristol city at home....we won 3-1 (?) and i missed mark hughes' only goal!!!

JEEEEZ........6 month wedding anniversary....What's that all about!!!!!

You got alot to learn...You don't do unnescessary anniversaries and as far as Valentines day's concerned...Why don't you take her to the match and have the full monty in the sponsors suite.

You never know....she might just enjoy it!!!

Go out in the evening. Put your foot down. Be a man. Your heart wouldn't be in it if you went for a walk on Saturday afternoon instead of watching the match.

And as for your wife being more important than Latics...................You What??!!!

I leave home for the Northampton game at 9:00 in the morning and get back home by 8pm - I will make breakfast in bed for the missus (well tea and toast anyhow) and then I'm off - she understands, that's why I love her :blush:

You should have sorted all this out before marrying her. I've no sympathy for you. Everything in life is all about the preparation...whether it be a soup your making, a long car journey or marriage. What knowledge did your father impart thats what I want to know!

Valentines is not for married couples its for spotty teenagers, wife to husband "will you be my valentine" husband to wife " what feckin choice have i got, i married you didt i" Tell ya wat Simon I BETTER SEE YOU AT FOOTY NEXT SATURDAY, WITH OR WITHOUT HER. and as far as 6 month anniversary, dont even get me started :grin:

We never even celebrate valentines day, its a waste of money.

And if she saw your Avatar, you'd probably get a slap and be sleeping on the sofa. :grin:

From a female point of view, if I was married to you lot, you would be in for a shock because I would rather go to the football. My walk in the park would have to be Boundary Park. A romantic meal could consist of a pie and a nice drinky. I might even wear something romantic a bit later on in the shape of a Latics top with some fancy trimming. :shock:

my daughters 25th birthday,

valentines day massacre? oldham 4 northampton 0.

And if she saw your Avatar, you'd probably get a slap and be sleeping on the sofa. :grin:

From a female point of view, if I was married to you lot, you would be in for a shock because I would rather go to the football. My walk in the park would have to be Boundary Park. A romantic meal could consist of a pie and a nice drinky. I might even wear something romantic a bit later on in the shape of a Latics top with some fancy trimming. :shock:

Can i swap you for my wife :wub:

Can i swap you for my wife :wub:

I think opinions4u might have something to say about that. :wedgie:

You've blown it.

Disgraceful behaviour. Never let a woman think she is more important than The Latics or you are doomed. :jailed:

Thank you for the opinions! I think there ain't a lot I can do about Saturday as it was my stupid idea in the first place whether I meant it or not. And I think my mum's going to have my season ticket and go with my dad, so it won't be wasted. but I think I'll use testimonies on here to prove to her that six months does not make an anniversary.

Thank you for the opinions! I think there ain't a lot I can do about Saturday as it was my stupid idea in the first place whether I meant it or not. And I think my mum's going to have my season ticket and go with my dad, so it won't be wasted. but I think I'll use testimonies on here to prove to her that six months does not make an anniversary.

Just a thought - and I don't have many...why not take her to the game as a treat? I know...it goes against the grain taking a woman but you could accidentally lose her in the crowd until full time?

The other day I offered to miss the Northampton game so that me and the good lady wife can spend valentine's together and go out for lunch and a walk and whatever.

Why? Why? WHY?!?!?!

You shouldnt have expected her to say "no, its ok, go to the Football". She is a woman...when do they ever do what we expect?

You need to do whay Mr T says.

getsomenuts.jpg

Why? Why? WHY?!?!?!

You shouldnt have expected her to say "no, its ok, go to the Football". She is a woman...when do they ever do what we expect?

You need to do whay Mr T says.

getsomenuts.jpg

THE GAME IS OFF.....ACCORDING TO OFFICIAL SITE OR AM I MSSING SOMETHING?