Dean Windass Blog

Sorry if its a titanic moment I did a search but couldnt see anyone had posted the updated link

http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/DeanWind...b9/default.html

Bit worrying how hes ready to jump back to Hull lol!

""By all accounts they missed a couple of chances to take all three points – maybe they are missing a striker! Give me a ring Phil, I’m always ready to make a return – I’d even do a stint in goal if you like!""

Come on Deano you need to score in League one first!

Edited by razza699

Talk about glass half fulll.

LAtics fans pessimism never ceases to amaze me.

I have highlighted positive inlusive of Oldham points, and the possible negative one.

I'd go so far as to say a whoosh. Don;t forget he is still a Hull player! He's not going to upset them!

It is obvious he knows he doesn;t figure in their plans, he is expecting to be subbed in 3rd Division games.

Tongue firmly in cheek!

5 positive 1 possible negative. Guess what some people focus on.

from ITV

Feb 9: England's No1

Published: Monday, 9 February 2009, 2:48PM

Well life’s never dull with me is it! From starting the game looking to score the goals which would beat Leicester, I ended up in goal and keeping a clean sheet.

Our manager at Oldham John Sheridan never has a substitute keeper on the bench so before the game I’d volunteered to go in goal if something happened to Greg Fleming – it’s likely I would have been substituted anyway so I had nothing to lose. So when Greg got sent off I took over and my first job was to face Matty Fryatt’s penalty.

It’s a bit strange being on the other side of things at a penalty and my first thought was how could he miss as the goal looked so big.

I tried my best to put him off by taking my time to get ready and I knew I was getting to him when he started telling me to hurry up. I told him there was no point as he’d miss anyway and he did! I like to think I read him by diving the right way but to be truthful I was never going to get it if it had been on target.

After that I have to say I felt pretty comfortable, although I was still a bit unsure when to come for crosses and when to leave them.

I saw that afterwards Shez said I look like a dwarf in goal and I’m taking that as a compliment. I mean how can I be such a fat ****** if I looked so small between the sticks!

It’s typical that the game was on TV and I got all the headlines when I think the team played really well against a Leicester side who hare running away with League One. We’ve struggled away from home since I joined the club so to get a clean sheet at The Walkers was a great point, especially with two home games coming up.

Another team getting a decent away point at the weekend was Hull, who held Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

By all accounts they missed a couple of chances to take all three points – maybe they are missing a striker! Give me a ring Phil, I’m always ready to make a return – I’d even do a stint in goal if you like!

Edited by singe