Today's Ref

The most inept performance i've seen for a long time, very poor!!

we seem to say this every week though, i agree he was poor but ive seen a lot worse. i just cant understand what they see to give free kicks etc, wish they would let games flow and use a bit of common sense. unfortunately the football league cant seem to find any decent referees.

Its almost impossible to find a fan who attends a game to say positive things about the ref.

Have you ever been to a neutral game? You'll be amazed by some of the decisions that 'biased' supporters howl at that are absolutely spot on.

'Bad' decisions etc are good for the atmosphere of the game and for talking points / discussions afterwards. We won, and as long as the big decisions are right, the odd thrwo-in or free-kick is fine in my opinion.

Its almost impossible to find a fan who attends a game to say positive things about the ref.

Have you ever been to a neutral game? You'll be amazed by some of the decisions that 'biased' supporters howl at that are absolutely spot on.

'Bad' decisions etc are good for the atmosphere of the game and for talking points / discussions afterwards. We won, and as long as the big decisions are right, the odd thrwo-in or free-kick is fine in my opinion.

Good post. Totally agree with that.

Crikey, just reilised it's £4,500!!

Page 25 of programme vs Millwall, first game of the season:

(Paraphrasing, cant be bothered to type all those words!)

If the ball, having left the playing area, is thrown onto the pitch by the supporters, the ref will stop the game, and immediatly cancel the multi-ball system, incurring a £4,500 fine for Latics.

Please... just hand it back to the nearest ballboy!

Class A moron, whoever it was who threw the ball onto the pitch!

Edit - Posh mention a fine!

Edited by JoeLatics

Crikey, just reilised it's £4,500!!

Page 25 of programme vs Millwall, first game of the season:

(Paraphrasing, cant be bothered to type all those words!)

Class A moron, whoever it was who threw the ball onto the pitch!

Edit - Posh mention a fine!

He only stopped the multi-ball from the main stand.....

He only stopped the multi-ball from the main stand.....

My hearing is "RRE Tannoy Impaired" but I thought he cancelled it from all stands except the stand that isn't a stand.

EDIT: Found a LaticsLinky which is worth a full read by every match attending fan. A brief summary for those who don't attend games is below:

"If the referee has to stop the game due to multiple balls on the pitch - or where he feels one team is being disadvantaged - he has the authority to order that use of the system be discontinued.

If a further complaint is then received on another occasion, the licence to operate the system will be withdrawn and a fixed £4,500 fine levied."

So is this our first or second yellow card?

Edited by opinions4u

As far as I'm aware, we've not had any warnings yet and will only get one if the ref thinks one is needed. Most supporters at BP now know that we use the multiball system and are aware that the ball should be thrown to a ball boy and not onto the pitch, however, you always get one who hasn't read the program / tried to hear the PA system!

We try to make as many people aware of the reasons behind multiball and they way it operates but unfotunately you can never communicate the message to everyone. If away fans threw the ball onto the pitch at every chance they got, it would still mean a warning and a fine for us. The ball boys know the rules and have done a good job so far, the people who would cost the club are the supporters who are trying to help the game along.

Edited by Lisa