Hughes to miss Millwall & Leeds?

Am I right in thinking Hughes is on 9 yellows for the season so far?

If so one more and he then misses two league games, wouldn’t he have been better getting booked yesterday and missing Yeovil and Bristol as apposed to getting booked against Bristol and missing Millwall and Leeds?

I know some will say he might not get booked again but the chances are he will, I just think he needs to plan where and when!

I may be wrong is it two game or one?

FA BANNED LIST HUGHES STILL ON!

Am I right in thinking Hughes is on 9 yellows for the season so far?

If so one more and he then misses two league games, wouldn’t he have been better getting booked yesterday and missing Yeovil and Bristol as apposed to getting booked against Bristol and missing Millwall and Leeds?

I know some will say he might not get booked again but the chances are he will, I just think he needs to plan where and when!

I may be wrong is it two game or one?

FA BANNED LIST HUGHES STILL ON!

No need to shout.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Perhaps it's best just to say, 'Lee, don't do anything stupid for four games', rather than forcing him out of two games against average sides where he could and should be the difference...

No need to shout.

Caps lock on and couldnt be bothered re typing. :wink:

I know what your saying but I would rather get it out of the way, and I know Hughes would hate to miss Leeds or Millwall.

I just think we would miss him too much against better opposition as we would look toothless upfront even if we do have 200 goal windass!

No need to shout.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Perhaps it's best just to say, 'Lee, don't do anything stupid for four games', rather than forcing him out of two games against average sides where he could and should be the difference...

He only has to get through Saturday to be able to play in those two games as yellow card suspensions impact after 7 days.

The alternative way of looking at it is that the yellow card amnesty is 28 Feb. Three games and no booking and he is fine (but can you really see him not getting booked at Millwall?!?!?!)

He only has to get through Saturday to be able to play in those two games as yellow card suspensions impact after 7 days.

The alternative way of looking at it is that the yellow card amnesty is 28 Feb. Three games and no booking and he is fine (but can you really see him not getting booked at Millwall?!?!?!)

I thought they were next fixtures played and not necessarily 7 days after like taylors was yesterday?

For some reason I thought the amnesty only counted if a player was on four yellows...if they were on nine then it didn't come into effect. Not sure where I got that from though...

EDIT: quick google and the top story from my search was from the Portsmouth rag from last year, which said whilst a lot of their players were on four yellows and would thus not face suspension after the end of February, Sean Davis was on nine so had to wait until mid-April for his amnesty. Assume it's the same for Hughes and Rubes.

Edited by jsslatic

For some reason I thought the amnesty only counted if a player was on four yellows...if they were on nine then it didn't come into effect. Not sure where I got that from though...

EDIT: quick google and the top story from my search was from the Portsmouth rag from last year, which said whilst a lot of their players were on four yellows and would thus not face suspension after the end of February, Sean Davis was on nine so had to wait until mid-April for his amnesty. Assume it's the same for Hughes and Rubes.

According to Soccerbase Hughes has been booked 8 times???

Edited by oafcprozac

According to Soccerbase Hughes has been booked 8 times???

He got booked against:

Colchester A

Huddersfield H

Leicester H

Scunthorpe H

Northampton A (x2 yellows 1 red)

Brighton H

Peterborough A

Leicester A

Hughes is on 9 if you count the two yellows shown at Northampton but do you count those as two or one? :blink:

He got booked against:

Colchester A

Huddersfield H

Leicester H

Scunthorpe H

Northampton A (x2 yellows 1 red)

Brighton H

Peterborough A

Leicester A

Hughes is on 9 if you count the two yellows shown at Northampton but do you count those as two or one? :blink:

He's on 9 according the club stats.

They don't count at all if 2 in the same game do they?

This is what I'm not sure about and believe should be counted as one. However I would have put money on Hughes being missing for the Millwall away game at the beginning of the season ... lets see

Was yesterday not 7 days after Leicester or did I dream I went there last Saturday and it was actually Sunday?!?!

No it wasnt 7 days after as we kicked off at 3pm yesterday and 5.20pm when we played leicester! so ner! you werent dreaming your just dumb! :lol:

No it wasnt 7 days after as we kicked off at 3pm yesterday and 5.20pm when we played leicester! so ner! you werent dreaming your just dumb! :lol:

Red card offences means the player misses the next match

Accumaltions of yellow cards - suspension starts 7 days after the last (5th/10th/15th) yellow card.

Taylors supsension thereofre started yesterday.

Hazell is on 9 cards, therefore if he gets booked at Yeovil next week he misses Millwall and Leeds. If he gets booked against Bristol Rovers, he is free to play against Millwall and Leeds and misses Colchester and MK Dons.

If Hughes is on 9 yellows, then the same applies to him.

The 2 yellows that Hughes picked up when he was sent off do not count towards his total of yellow cards. i.e it does not count as either 1 or 2 yellows.

Cheers,

Harry

Red card offences means the player misses the next match

Accumaltions of yellow cards - suspension starts 7 days after the last (5th/10th/15th) yellow card.

Taylors supsension thereofre started yesterday.

Hazell is on 9 cards, therefore if he gets booked at Yeovil next week he misses Millwall and Leeds. If he gets booked against Bristol Rovers, he is free to play against Millwall and Leeds and misses Colchester and MK Dons.

If Hughes is on 9 yellows, then the same applies to him.

The 2 yellows that Hughes picked up when he was sent off do not count towards his total of yellow cards. i.e it does not count as either 1 or 2 yellows.

Cheers,

Harry

He should be on 7 then if they do not count? as I can only get 9 by counting two against northmapton?

He should be on 7 then if they do not count? as I can only get 9 by counting two against northmapton?

8 according to Soccerbase.

Colchester

Huddersfield (h)

Leicester (h)

Scunthorpe (h)

Yeovil (h)

Brighton (h)

Peterborough (a)

Leicester (a)

An extremely disciplined 1 yellow in the last 11 matches he's played.

Edited by opinions4u

Hughes yellow cards are: -

Colchester away 30/08/2008

Huddersfield home 27/09/2008

Leicester home 18/10/2008

Scunthorpe home 28/10/2008

Yeovil home 01/11/2008 - Suspended for the Chetenham away cup tie

Brighton home 06/12/2008

Peterborough away 13/12/2008

Leicester away 07/02/2009

I maske that 8. However, i can't find any records for bookings from the Orient game om the 20th December until Leicester away and IIRC Hughes picked up another booking during this period. However, i could be wrong.

In any event Hughes currently has either 8 or 9 yellows.

Cheers,

Harry

Again a great opportunity to point out the irony of a statement on this messageboard. However, if this is your attitude I think it would be lost on you.

Anyway, you can believe what you believe, I will believe what I believe but if he reaches 10 bookings, his suspension will start after 7 days like Taylors (the time of kick off doesnt count, it is 7 days not 168 hours i.e. the number of hours in a week).