More balanced team without Taylor

It was subject to conversatio last night along with some Tics that we acually looked more balanced with Taylor yesterday.

When we play 442 players are always looking for him as an outlet and subsequently he is always double marked. Liked the 443 yesterday as defenders couldnt pick up smalley ,.I have said all season I would like Taylor to play in that role as he showed last week at Leicester, when he came inside he ran them ragged.

It was subject to conversatio last night along with some Tics that we acually looked more balanced with Taylor yesterday.

When we play 442 players are always looking for him as an outlet and subsequently he is always double marked. Liked the 443 yesterday as defenders couldnt pick up smalley ,.I have said all season I would like Taylor to play in that role as he showed last week at Leicester, when he came inside he ran them ragged.

So that's how we managed to win....

It's genius! Why didn't we think of it sooner?! :cardinal:

Lukers has a point!

On Saturday, we played some excellent attacking football without Taylor. With Taylor in the team, we also played some excellent attacking football but less so recently (with the exception of Leicester) due to being predictable.

A couple of plus points have come out of the last couple of games:

1) Sheriden now has a Plan B

2) We have the potential without Taylor.

Far better with Taylor.

But it was good to see a 'plan B' used and get a result.

I must admit for the first 20 minutes or so, forgot he was banned! Smalley, more than compensated - pacy but with minimal end product, but always a joy to see the oppo's defence left for dead!

I must admit for the first 20 minutes or so, forgot he was banned! Smalley, more than compensated - pacy but with minimal end product, but always a joy to see the oppo's defence left for dead!

my lad said whilst sat munching his burger..whys taylor on the pitch,thought he was banned today....

then half way through the first half i said to him,its a shame he is banned today,were playing weell,there awfull he would have a field day out there and we would prolly win 4 or 5...

cant honestly say we looked more balanced without him,smalley is right footed and played on the left,same as taylor.

its going to be interesting to see what line up we have when jones is fit,now we have hines on board.

my lad said whilst sat munching his burger..whys taylor on the pitch,thought he was banned today....

then half way through the first half i said to him,its a shame he is banned today,were playing weell,there awfull he would have a field day out there and we would prolly win 4 or 5...

cant honestly say we looked more balanced without him,smalley is right footed and played on the left,same as taylor.

its going to be interesting to see what line up we have when jones is fit,now we have hines on board.

Think the way we were set up at Leicester may answer your question ed, possibly Hines and DJ pushing on and then the marauding Taylor and Smalley wide. Scary going forward,possibly equally as scary defending! Oh the joy of overlaping fullbacks, brings a tear to one's eye, memories of denis Irwin Irwin and Andy Barlow steaming past Tricky Ricky, Neil Adams and Tommy Wright landing a perfect cross right onto Ritchie et al's bonces!

Edited by oafcprozac

Think the way we were set up at Leicester may answer your question ed, possibly Hines and DJ pushing on and then the marauding Taylor and Smalley wide. Scary going forward,possibly equally as scary defending! Oh the joy of overlaping fullbacks, brings a tear to one's eye, memories of denis Irwin Irwin and Andy Barlow steaming past Tricky Ricky, Neil Adams and Tommy Wright landing a perfect cross right onto Ritchie et al's bonces!

dont be daft and get me harking back to the golden age when we had 2 flying wingers who could cross and a goalscorer on every cross.lol

shez is far to negative to try that kinda formation :D