Flight of the Conchords

dave_ragg1984

Been hooked on this show/band for the last 18 months or so....bloody fantastic. Anyone else seen the TV show?

Flight of the Conchords (IMDB)

Flight of the Conchords (hbo)

The TV show is absolutely brilliant. Basically, its two musicians from NZ, living in New York and struggling to make it. Each episode contains two musical parts which advance the story, and the songs and videos are hilarious.

If you haven't seen it, you really really should!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Somebody gave me a copy of this recently. Unfortunately he also gave me a copy of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace at the same time. I found it hard to get into the former because I'd enjoyed the latter so much. However, I'll give it another go this weekend.

Can you recommend any other good comedy? I'm really out of touch these days. I've just finished watching Peep Show which I thought was excellent.

Flight of the conchords are great - like others though I haven't seen much of the TV show, however have listened to much of their music and it's genius and so funny! Fave tracks include Hiphopopotomous Vs Rhymenocerous, Albie the racist Dragon, Think about it, Ladies of the world and The most beautiful girl (in the room).

Flight of the conchords are great - like others though I haven't seen much of the TV show, however have listened to much of their music and it's genius and so funny! Fave tracks include Hiphopopotomous Vs Rhymenocerous, Albie the racist Dragon, Think about it, Ladies of the world and The most beautiful girl (in the room).

The TV show basically uses those songs, and they write the script around the tunes, well thats how series 1 worked anyway. For series two, they didnt have any more tunes so they have had to write tunes that fit the episode. Thats made some of the songs a little hit and miss, though the songs "Sugarlumps", "You dont have to be a prostitute" and "Too much d**k on the dancefloor" are instant comedy gold. The new series is even more anti-Australian aswell, which is always good :D.

Have you got the album, or just heard the tracks elsewhere? Because, some of the songs that were on the TV show that didnt make the album are equally as good. Songs like "I'm not crying" and "Sellotape" are amazing. They did a BBC Radio series before the TV show which is well worth checking out.

The TV show basically uses those songs, and they write the script around the tunes, well thats how series 1 worked anyway. For series two, they didnt have any more tunes so they have had to write tunes that fit the episode. Thats made some of the songs a little hit and miss, though the songs "Sugarlumps", "You dont have to be a prostitute" and "Too much d**k on the dancefloor" are instant comedy gold. The new series is even more anti-Australian aswell, which is always good :D.

Have you got the album, or just heard the tracks elsewhere? Because, some of the songs that were on the TV show that didnt make the album are equally as good. Songs like "I'm not crying" and "Sellotape" are amazing. They did a BBC Radio series before the TV show which is well worth checking out.

Have the album but have heard Sellotape and others as some friends have these tracks. I was surprised to not see Sellotape on the album, also Albie isn't on it either. Need to go and get a series and dig out a few of the other tracks if possible. I imagine they'll release another album soon, dya think?

Can you recommend any other good comedy? I'm really out of touch these days. I've just finished watching Peep Show which I thought was excellent.

Mighty Boosh if you've not already been there. An acquired taste, bit surreal in a Vic and Bob way but tres funny.

Early Doors. They did two series, written by Craig Cash of Royle Family fame. It's in a similar vein but a lot more subtle with the humour.

I love Flight of the Conchords. I hope Wilson has finished with my girfriend's copy. I want to watch it again!

Have the album but have heard Sellotape and others as some friends have these tracks. I was surprised to not see Sellotape on the album, also Albie isn't on it either. Need to go and get a series and dig out a few of the other tracks if possible. I imagine they'll release another album soon, dya think?

Yeah, the second album is due to follow the second series. If you search on one of them dodgy torrent websites (which will remain nameless) you can find a file with all their songs ripped from the first series. But as its a direct rip, you might as well just watch the show.

Series 2 is up to the 5th episode in America. The last one saw Jermaine sleep with an Australian woman called Keitha (its like Keith, with an A). Really ripped Australians (as much of the second series does), was quality. There was one stupidly funny song in that episode, which will definitley be on the second album.