Just got back

Pretty poor performance.

Pitch wasn't great, cut up quite a bit. Plus it was pretty windy.

Smalley took his goal very well. Awful defending for their first goal. Silly free kick given away by Taylor and then their man had a free header 6 yards out. Nothing Flem could do. Second goal was awful. Imagine Millwall at home first game!!! Fleming appeared to shout for Rubes to leave it, but rubes knocked it passed him for their man to knock it in to an open goal. Our second was lucky. Long ball from the back Terrible Forbes tried to head it back to the goalie but got too much on it. Cracking finish!!!

Plus points....

Smalley looked good in patches and finished his chance well. Should have had a second though which he smashed on to the bar.

Maher looked strong in midfield

Negatives....

Windass old, slow, not interested.

Hines - Awful. If I were Eardley or Lomax I'd be asking Shez all the way back how he gets in the starting XI over them.

Hughes - tried for about 10 mins

Taylor not in the game again!!!

No striker on the bench

Overall. Point a fair result.

Pretty poor performance.

Smalley took his goal very well. Awful defending for their first goal. Silly free kick given away by Taylor and then their man had a free header 6 yards out. Nothing Flem could do. Second goal was awful. Imagine Millwall at home first game!!! Fleming appeared to shout for Rubes to leave it, but rubes knocked it passed him for their man to knock it in to an open goal. Our second was lucky. Long ball from the back Terrible Forbes tried to head it back to the goalie but got too much on it. Cracking finish!!!

Plus points....

Smalley looked good in patches and finished his chance well. Should have had a second though which he smashed on to the bar.

Negatives....

Hines - Awful. If I were Eardley or Lomax I'd be asking Shez all the way back how he gets in the starting XI over them.

No striker on the bench

Agree with the majority of that, although I think you are being a tad harsh on Windass and Hines. Windass was interested and always looking to make something happen but he was playing badly and got frustrated and was rightly taken off. Hines had a bad 1st half, mostly due to our suspect tactics which ended up having Taylor and Smalley both playing on the left leaving Hines isolated, but he took way too long in possession. He got better in the 2nd half though and made some decent forward runs down the right but he's not a right back and Eardley should be back in on Tuesday. Rubes improved in the 2nd half and was solid but he was abysmal in the 1st half, even before the howler his distribution was awful and he picked up a stupid booking with a rash challenge, although to be fair to him that was the first bad performance I've seen him put in yet.

Agree with the majority of that, although I think you are being a tad harsh on Windass and Hines. Windass was interested and always looking to make something happen but he was playing badly and got frustrated and was rightly taken off. Hines had a bad 1st half, mostly due to our suspect tactics which ended up having Taylor and Smalley both playing on the left leaving Hines isolated, but he took way too long in possession. He got better in the 2nd half though and made some decent forward runs down the right but he's not a right back and Eardley should be back in on Tuesday. Rubes improved in the 2nd half and was solid but he was abysmal in the 1st half, even before the howler his distribution was awful and he picked up a stupid booking with a rash challenge, although to be fair to him that was the first bad performance I've seen him put in yet.

Does this mean Rubes is now banned for the next 2 matches

Does this mean Rubes is now banned for the next 2 matches

There seems to be some uncertainty whether Rubes is banned or not. This is defo his tenth booking (meaning 2 game ban) however, it seems one of the previous bookings the FA cocked up the paperwork somehow and Rubes may get off that booking on a technicality.

Pretty poor performance.

Plus points....

Negatives....

No striker on the bench

your negatives suggest to me you consider effort to be the most important attribute and firstly this isnt true and anyone who has a good knowledge of football knows that players always try as hard as they can. you also seem to have no patience with your view of seb hines, he has played two games for us and in one he played very well but you think other players should be asking john sheridan why he is playing instead of them. laughable.

your negatives suggest to me you consider effort to be the most important attribute and firstly this isnt true and anyone who has a good knowledge of football knows that players always try as hard as they can. you also seem to have no patience with your view of seb hines, he has played two games for us and in one he played very well but you think other players should be asking john sheridan why he is playing instead of them. laughable.

You are joking arent you, I dont think I have ever begged for Neal Eardley to come on the pitch, but yesterday Seb Hines proved he is not a footballer. How on earth he has signed a contract for that long with Boro Ill never know. His tacking is ok but his ability on the ball is terrible. Also Dean Windass is nto worth anything like the money he is getting from us and Craig Davies could do just as good a job as Windass has done and probably have got himself more goalscoring chances.

I agree with everything the original post says.

1 more point, did anyone else wonder why andy liddell didnt shoot in the last minute and instead hooked it over his head.

You are joking arent you, I dont think I have ever begged for Neal Eardley to come on the pitch, but yesterday Seb Hines proved he is not a footballer. How on earth he has signed a contract for that long with Boro Ill never know. His tacking is ok but his ability on the ball is terrible. Also Dean Windass is nto worth anything like the money he is getting from us and Craig Davies could do just as good a job as Windass has done and probably have got himself more goalscoring chances.

1 more point, did anyone else wonder why andy liddell didnt shoot in the last minute and instead hooked it over his head.

Sorry youngen but apart from the Liddell bit at the end (still no idea what he was thinking) that's rubbish. Yes they were both poor yesterday but Hines looked decent on the ball when he didn't take too long with it and he will bring a lot to the team if/when he plays in the centre of defence or midfield imo (besides, he's still learning!) and Windass will definitely bring more to the way we play than Davies ever has done when he gets the ball into feet and we start playing off him.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

again it seems to me you are jealous and how do you know the money dean windass receives anyway? if you are a calculated person you cant judge a player after 2 games, even dean windass after the small number he has played for us. comments suggesting that seb hines is not a footballer lose this debate for you and it seems that you dont like neal eardley too much which is a comment with which i cannot comprehend

My problem with Hines was the amount of time he wants on the ball. In the long run he might have a more successful career than Eardley, but at League 1 standard where you don't get time on the ball I would much rather Eardley start than Hines. Eardley's played 100 games at this level, Hines has played 2. With us being at the business end of the season i don't think we have the luxury of giving him 5-6 games to get a feel for the division and our tactics when we have someone sat on the bench who does.