Hines Out

You seem to be happy with tonites performance.

2 chances before half time. That is not good enough.

Then we go a goal down and we see absolutely no urgency to get into it. Shez changes a full back. Then we're 2 down. Shez changes a striker. We still dont look like getting back in it.

At half time I expected us to come out after a bollocking and fight for it. But they didn't. If thats not Shez's fault who's is it?

Unfortunately this is the umpteenth time this season. :disappointed:

I don't know how you can argue that motivation isn't a problem.

I haven't been, I just think it's daft how many people seem to think it's the source of everything that's wrong not quite right, and suggest the sacking of Shez as the magical solution and ticket to promotion.

They are hotheads who can't think of anything to say.

You seem to be happy with tonites performance.

2 chances before half time. That is not good enough.

Then we go a goal down and we see absolutely no urgency to get into it. Shez changes a full back. Then we're 2 down. Shez changes a striker. We still dont look like getting back in it.

At half time I expected us to come out after a bollocking and fight for it. But they didn't. If thats not Shez's fault who's is it?

We had more than two chances. We only had two sitters.

I haven't said I'm happy with tonights performance, my take all night has been that we blew it through missed chances, and I have objected to people bleating about us not being motivated. :sleeping:

They didnt come out unmotivated, they came out and conceded, you know the rest. Bad atmosphere, moans and groans, nervous players, no confidence.....which is ten times more important than motivation (which comes naturally anyway). We're Latics mate, nights like tonight happen - changing the manager will not stop them! :lol:

The players were clapped off at halftime by the way. :applause1:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

One of the worst players ive seen in a Latics shirt, he is absolutely awful!

I know, but had we won somebody probably would have been saying how good he is, like after the Northhampton game.

I haven't been, I just think it's daft how many people seem to think it's the source of everything that's wrong not quite right, and suggest the sacking of Shez as the magical solution and ticket to promotion.

They are hotheads who can't think of anything to say.

We had more than two chances. We only had two sitters.

I haven't said I'm happy with tonights performance, my take all night has been that we blew it through missed chances, and I have objected to people bleating about us not being motivated. :sleeping:

They didnt come out unmotivated, they came out and conceded, you know the rest. Bad atmosphere, moans and groans, nervous players, no confidence.....which is ten times more important than motivation (which comes naturally anyway). We're Latics mate, nights like tonight happen - changing the manager will not stop them! :lol:

The players were clapped off at halftime by the way. :applause1:

No replies.....

:rolleyes:

So we're square pegging round holes again are we?

Hopefully, for Seb Hines sake. :wink:

As much as I've tried to defend Shez in the past 24 hours I can't defend the selection of Hines over Eardley. But he did get Eards on - and even though it was a fullback for a fullback it was an attacking substitution as required. I was annoyed Golbourne made way at the time but it turns out he was injured, who knows what Shez would have done had he not been.

As long as Shez doesn't pick Hines again next week, or if he does and Hines performs, then it should be forgotten about.

He was brought as a centre half given the lack of options there and the upcoming suspensions .... then shez either HAS to or believes he must play the players he's brought in on loans and he replaces a RB who'd finally found some of the form which makes him such a hot prospect. Personally he's not a FB but did an okay job untill being switched to LB where he had no idea wot to do - didnt know where taylor wanted the ball and kept htting to Lewi's head .... did shez not reckon this would happen when he brought in 6 new players in a month??

He wont play Lewi or Eardley for a while now but one wonders what either is thinking ... Lewi plays well for the first 2 months - strikes up a good understanding with Hughes and albeit not scoring himself, we were scoring and winning games comfortably. Then after a couple of dodgy results both Davies and O'Grady are sent out for football and a loan signing (ormerod) replaces young Lewi who'd done little wrong - his game is never gonna provide 20goals per season directly, but it baffles me that shez cant see wot he is missing as a goal threat w/o lewi's link-up cos its so damn evident. Gets back in scores a hatrick against top of the league and then performs badly like 10others against Yeovil and he aint been seen since thanks to a dancer and a pensioner, who between them have scored 2 goals in 3months .... POOR BLOODY LEWIS !!!!! As for Eardley - best game of season at Leicester at FB and then BANG shez signs a centre half who aint had a look in at a premier league club renowned for blooding youngsters and is shifted in to a midfield role where despite lack of experience (esp. on right of a three) performs admirably in a easy home win and then is shafted as returning players (Taylor) mean existing young players are once again dropped for Shez's glory boys loanees.

Edited by eyres_28

Hopefully, for Seb Hines sake. :wink:

As much as I've tried to defend Shez in the past 24 hours I can't defend the selection of Hines over Eardley. But he did get Eards on - and even though it was a fullback for a fullback it was an attacking substitution as required. I was annoyed Golbourne made way at the time but it turns out he was injured, who knows what Shez would have done had he not been.

As long as Shez doesn't pick Hines again next week, or if he does and Hines performs, then it should be forgotten about.

Why didn't he change the shape though? We could have used that injury to 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 instead 'Shez' puts a :censored:e right footed centre half at left back, oh dear.

He was brought as a centre half given the lack of options there and the upcoming suspensions .... then shez either HAS to or believes he must play the players he's brought in on loans and he replaces a RB who'd finally found some of the form which makes him such a hot prospect. Personally he's not a FB but did an okay job untill being switched to LB where he had no idea wot to do - didnt know where taylor wanted the ball and kept htting to Lewi's head .... did shez not reckon this would happen when he brought in 6 new players in a month??

He wont play Lewi or Eardley for a while now but one wonders what either is thinking ... Lewi plays well for the first 2 months - strikes up a good understanding with Hughes and albeit not scoring himself, we were scoring and winning games comfortably. Then after a couple of dodgy results both Davies and O'Grady are sent out for football and a loan signing (ormerod) replaces young Lewi who'd done little wrong - his game is never gonna provide 20goals per season directly, but it baffles me that shez cant see wot he is missing as a goal threat w/o lewi's link-up cos its so damn evident. Gets back in scores a hatrick against top of the league and then performs badly like 10others against Yeovil and he aint been seen since thanks to a dancer and a pensioner, who between them have scored 2 goals in 3months .... POOR BLOODY LEWIS !!!!! As for Eardley - best game of season at Leicester at FB and then BANG shez signs a centre half who aint had a look in at a premier league club renowned for blooding youngsters and is shifted in to a midfield role where despite lack of experience (esp. on right of a three) performs admirably in a easy home win and then is shafted as returning players (Taylor) mean existing young players are once again dropped for Shez's glory boys loanees.

Excellent reply.

He must have been bad because I thought his performance on Saturday was disgraceful! I don't get why the hell Shez continues to play other people's sh1t players when we have plenty of our own!!

I just don't get why after Eardley played so so well at Leicester why he drops him, why he has dropped Maher tonight is beyond me, he was actually one of the better ones (again) on Saturday and Whittaker who has done nothing for months (either starting or coming on off the bench) just gets a start out of the blue.

I'm getting so frustrated that people like Lee and Stevens don't seem to be able to get a look in regardless of how badly the rest are doing - don't worry, I'm not a 'Stevens will be our saviour' kind because I've never seen the lad play, reports from others are that he looks capable, so give him a go, Lee on the other hand played 2 games, looked really good and hasnt been seen since.

Really not happy about him dropping Fleming for Budtz - what kind of message does that send out? Finally we can all see that when we have been at our most potent this season, Hughes has been up top with Allessandra, this pairing MUST be tried again, something has to change and fast or else we're going to be hanging onto this play off spot for dear life rather than piling pressure on the Mongs like we should be doing.

Very very frustrating - although we'll probably take 4 points from the next 2 games and everything will be hunky dorey again, until we next play someone sh1te & struggle for any motivation whatsoever!

Totally agree.

Calm down guys. Don't get me wrong, i'm as disapointed as any of us regarding last nights result, but football matches at this level are won and lost on marginal incidents. The pissed penalty, hitting the bar and then their deflected goal etc. The thing that gets me going is the instant booing and abuse the players get from certain fans when things arn't going our way. It has a negative effect and the younger players go into their shell and are afraid of making mistakes. The result of this is that the players look like they don't want it as much as the opposition and this only gives more amunition for the verbal abusers. I'm sick of it, will you shut up.

As for the Shez out gang. What are you on about!! Ok there are things I would have done differently, but who says the team I would have picked would have faired any better. Its just one of those things. We lost, get over it, but we are doing really well this season and personnal I am optomistic for the rest of the season with Shez at the helm. Give us a chance.

Phew!! got that off my chest, so on a constructive point, I would like to add that I do think that we are playing too many of our loanees and whilst we might have strength in depth, it would be better to stick to a settled formnation with players playing in roles which are they are comfortable and with players who they know.

Calm down guys. Don't get me wrong, i'm as disapointed as any of us regarding last nights result, but football matches at this level are won and lost on marginal incidents. The pissed penalty, hitting the bar and then their deflected goal etc. The thing that gets me going is the instant booing and abuse the players get from certain fans when things arn't going our way. It has a negative effect and the younger players go into their shell and are afraid of making mistakes. The result of this is that the players look like they don't want it as much as the opposition and this only gives more amunition for the verbal abusers. I'm sick of it, will you shut up.

As for the Shez out gang. What are you on about!! Ok there are things I would have done differently, but who says the team I would have picked would have faired any better. Its just one of those things. We lost, get over it, but we are doing really well this season and personnal I am optomistic for the rest of the season with Shez at the helm. Give us a chance.

Phew!! got that off my chest, so on a constructive point, I would like to add that I do think that we are playing too many of our loanees and whilst we might have strength in depth, it would be better to stick to a settled formnation with players playing in roles which are they are comfortable and with players who they know.

Where were you last night when I was fighting that one man crusade?!

Agree with every word.

• 1 year later...