Bye Bye Play Offs, Bye Bye Shez

Not one positive to take from tonight's game....the performance was disgraceful...it's unfair to single players out when so many performed below-par, but Hines and Eardley deserve a special mention as both were absolutely CRAP and Eardley was only on the pitch for half an hour.

It wasnt a good game in the slightest but for Shez to go, seriously? He made some terrible decisions but it's hardly the wisest move sacking the manager everytime it goes wrong. However as much as I rate Shez I can't understand some of his choices tonight - Budtz for Fleming? Whittaker for Maher? Are Hines and Golbourne really that good to drop team regulars? If Windass was a unknown player he would of been dropped a few games ago but it seems his 'name' keeps him in the starting XI.

Obviously it would of been a different game if Hughes had put away the Pen and his chance in front of goal and if Windass' shot went in but the 2nd half was an awful display of football and is not acceptable for a team in the play off's!

It wasnt a good game in the slightest but for Shez to go, seriously? He made some terrible decisions but it's hardly the wisest move sacking the manager everytime it goes wrong. However as much as I rate Shez I can't understand some of his choices tonight - Budtz for Fleming? Whittaker for Maher? Are Hines and Golbourne really that good to drop team regulars? If Windass was a unknown player he would of been dropped a few games ago but it seems his 'name' keeps him in the starting XI.

Obviously it would of been a different game if Hughes had put away the Pen and his chance in front of goal and if Windass' shot went in but the 2nd half was an awful display of football and is not acceptable for a team in the play off's!

Not saying Shez should go (yet). What I meant to say really is that I think our play off chances have now gone, and so Shez's tenure as Latics boss is effectively over....I know he will stay til the end of the season (and I think he should), but we all know he's getting sacked come May if we don't go up. He's said as much himself. And at this rate we're not going up.

Not saying Shez should go (yet). What I meant to say really is that I think our play off chances have now gone, and so Shez's tenure as Latics boss is effectively over....I know he will stay til the end of the season (and I think he should), but we all know he's getting sacked come May if we don't go up. He's said as much himself. And at this rate we're not going up.

Why wait if we get someone else in we might get somewhere.

thats the bit im finding harder and harder to understand..he knows he is in the last chance saloon.if he doesnt do the buisness then he's gone.....

if i knew i would be sacked if i didnt do what i was employed to do,im pretty certain i would be trying my damndest to get the right result....yet he doesnt seem to know what to do

Not saying Shez should go (yet).

Why not?

Apparently we were the worst he's seen this season at Yeovil, so what does he do?

Drop OUR keeper for feather duster hands in goal and shows our only creative spark in recent weeks the way back to the bench.

He's a fraudster. Why wait? It's not a one-off.

E4e

JSOUT

Why wait if we get someone else in we might get somewhere.

Fans find fault with new gaffer by the end of the season. Season ticket sales are poor in the summer.

OR

Wait until summer for a new gaffer. Optimism returns. Sales are good. It is then too late in October when they have your cash :wink:

Fans find fault with new gaffer by the end of the season. Season ticket sales are poor in the summer.

OR

Wait until summer for a new gaffer. Optimism returns. Sales are good. It is then too late in October when they have your cash :wink:

The flipside to this though is (im not saying you are wrong in what you are saying by the way, just pointing out a possible counter argument?

New gaffer comes in before end of season with enough time to assess the players he has at his disposal after seeing them play an train, hence is well informed of the players abilities when making his retained list, brings in his own players to add to that, then fingers crossed we have a half decent team for next year

OR

Wait till summer to appoint new manager, whom wont have seen the players play or train, makes an ill informed retained list, and has to spend the first part of the season still assessing the players and building the team, wheras this could be done the last month of this season if we slip out of the playoffs and don't look like making it.

The flipside to this though is (im not saying you are wrong in what you are saying by the way, just pointing out a possible counter argument?

New gaffer comes in before end of season with enough time to assess the players he has at his disposal after seeing them play an train, hence is well informed of the players abilities when making his retained list, brings in his own players to add to that, then fingers crossed we have a half decent team for next year

OR

Wait till summer to appoint new manager, whom wont have seen the players play or train, makes an ill informed retained list, and has to spend the first part of the season still assessing the players and building the team, wheras this could be done the last month of this season if we slip out of the playoffs and don't look like making it.

I take your point.

They'll do which one works best cash wise for them. I hope :wink:

Who is to say the new man won't have seen them train though. He might already be here *stirs pot*

Edited by RoytonBlueLad