sheridan - i reckon he's gonna go

Do you take the risk? Keep him till the end of this season, carry on as we are and f*ck up, get rid and have a much lower budget next year or sack him get someone in with 10 games left, gives them a chance to keep us in the play-offs and drag us up. Wouldn't care if Sheridan went in the next hour tbh.

I would get him out because if we dont it will be two late.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we do sack Sheridan we need to get rid of Duxbury and Wright also!

The next man in charge for me should have no previous connection at all with the club.

Ex players in charge for us does not work at all and we should get rid of buddy culture amongst staff players & coaches!

If we did somehow get into the championship, it would be an embarrisment for us all, we wouldn't stand a chance if we cant get a goal out of teams that are halfway down the leauge 1 table. Bad management in my opinion, I believe in the saying "if something's not broken, then why fix it?"

If we did somehow get into the championship, it would be an embarrisment for us all, we wouldn't stand a chance if we cant get a goal out of teams that are halfway down the leauge 1 table.

this is the most frustrating thing - i don't think it would.

we'd be playing "big" games week i, week out.

we know how well we can play in big games.

bizarrely, i think the team and the manager would do better in the Championship

As far as I can see, there is no money to spend and there never will be any money to spend(Especially now). This is the limitation that Shez has had to work with this past three years. No decent manager in his right mind would touch this job with a 10ft bargepole and those that would would want 2-3 years to mould their own team.

Shez deserves time in this job, what exactly did Royle achieve after 3 years?

We're still top 6, we are no way near out of it yet.

Edited by 3 Lions

Guest sheridans_world

Say we did sack Sheridan, do we sack him now and bring Boothroyd in and blame him for not making the playoffs without his players or do we keep Shez, give him his fair chance until the end of the season and then bring Boothroyd in depending on the end of season position?

As far as I can see, there is no money to spend and there never will be any money to spend(Especially now). This is the limitation that Shez has had to work with this past three years. No decent manager in his right mind would touch this job with a 10ft bargepole and those that would would want 2-3 years to mould their own team.

What a load of tosh.

As far as I can see, there is no money to spend and there never will be no money to spend(Especially now). This is the limitation that Shez has had to work with this past three years. No decent manager in his right mind would touch this job with a 10ft bargepole and those that would would want 2-3 years to mould their own team.

This is a joke right? Every other week Shez seems to ask for a player and he gets him!

Crossley, Gregan, Lidds, Maher, Hughes, Windass...all on peanuts right? And an offer to make Hughes one of the highest paid players in our clubs history! The majority of managers in the lower leagues would be envious at the backing Shez has. Sorry pal, out of your @rse.

If we can find money for the above, bring in loan after loan and have enough in the coffers to pay up contract after contract of inferior players then surely there's room in the budget to pay Shez off?!

E4e

JSOUT

Come on folks remember we're fifth! We got a great draw at Yeovil on Saturday who won their last four (let's forget they got humped tonight)! We have the legend that is Dean Windass with Lee Hughes up front! Who needs pace?! And we have a manager who isn't afraid to drop his first choice keeper for someone who can't get a game at Hartlepool! Not to mention an excellent couple of defenders who have come in on loan and are miles better than what we already have!

And it's not as though we've got a pitiful fitness regime that has left us out of shape and gash for the last third of the previous two seasons!

Shez in!

When we do sack Sheridan we need to get rid of Duxbury and Wright also!

The next man in charge for me should have no previous connection at all with the club.

Ex players in charge for us does not work at all and we should get rid of buddy culture amongst staff players & coaches!

I'm sure when Ronnie went everyone ewas for Shez because of his connections to the club? You'll be telling he manager should be foreign next.

The next manager of OAFC should be the right man for the job regardless of where he comes from!

Come on folks remember we're fifth! We got a great draw at Yeovil on Saturday who won their last four

a great draw? we both played s*** and they let in an own goal. If it wasnt for that stroke of luck, we would have been beaten by another team way below us!

Edited by pdw76

a great draw? we both played s*** and they let in an own goal. If it wasnt for that stroke of luck, we would have been beaten by another team way below us!

Gaz, Gaz, Gaz. The post of the night has well and truely had you.

E4e

JSOUT

Edited by pdw76

I'm sure when Ronnie went everyone ewas for Shez because of his connections to the club? You'll be telling he manager should be foreign next.

The next manager of OAFC should be the right man for the job regardless of where he comes from!

not everyone was for shez......he was by far the cheap option at the time...and the fact that a thousand fans alerted the club to say ronnie stays we go and you lose your money,meant they had to appease the fans to cough up there cash,thats why he was appointed.

This season, Sheridan has had more or less everything he as asked for within reason player wise.

He has no excuses

Woah, Woah, slow your nooses right down, or make 12 more!! As far as I can see, Sheridan did and has picked wrong players and selection in some peoples eyes, but FFS, how many of that shower tonight showed at any point in the game that they passionately wanted to win a football match for Oldham Athletic...The same number as fingers stuck up by some fans at the end!!

It's about time some of our players grew some bollox, grew up and realised that now is a great time to push for promotion from this league and a bit more passion, effort and ability shown would give some of them an opportunity to do something with their very short, average careers!

Woah, Woah, slow your nooses right down, or make 12 more!! As far as I can see, Sheridan did and has picked wrong players and selection in some peoples eyes, but FFS, how many of that shower tonight showed at any point in the game that they passionately wanted to win a football match for Oldham Athletic...The same number as fingers stuck up by some fans at the end!!

It's about time some of our players grew some bollox, grew up and realised that now is a great time to push for promotion from this league and a bit more passion, effort and ability shown would give some of them an opportunity to do something with their very short, average careers!

very true,but its the coaching staff who signs them,trains them,picks the team,motivates them,give them instructions,makes decisions at a moments notice to them ,etc etc.

the buck stops with them.