Alternatives to Shez...

holloway springs to mind,and paul jewel....or like someone has said,big fat joe with willie d as his sidekick

Jewel would have been on at least £10k a week, anywhere up to £20k... at 'tics he'd be on at least a third of that, possibly as little as a tenth!

Ignoring Holloways similar money conflict, he's very happy down south, has turned down a couple of jobs and I really don't see him going for a "piss poor 3rd division team" which is how many fans seem to see us!

Jewel would have been on at least £10k a week, anywhere up to £20k... at 'tics he'd be on at least a third of that, possibly as little as a tenth!

Ignoring Holloways similar money conflict, he's very happy down south, has turned down a couple of jobs and I really don't see him going for a "piss poor 3rd division team" which is how many fans seem to see us!

fair points....

they see us like that because we are that.....but from time to time we show we are better and have aspirations..

maybe if it was done today we would be suprised at who actually applies or is approached.....

not sure about ince,yes did ok with macc....but seemed a little soft at blackburn.

would of said nigel clough the other month or steve cotterill......

Don't all their players get paid... too easy...

Dont know quite what your point is Ack - you were questioning the motivation and ability of a manager to succeed on a limited budget... I gave you two examples in Gannon and Slade who has - both of whom get their teams to play very good football. I can bloody guarantee that thier player budget would ahve ben considerably less than Shez.

Now, i'm not saying either would be perfect, however saying there wouldnt be people who would relish the chance to have a shot at getting oldham playing some decent football and being successful is untrue.

Aguably slade could be considered to be more succesful than shez - getting that one stage further to a playoff final... and also could unerath some talent that doesnt cost the world, and could do a job for us - rather than overpaid premierhip has-beens and loan signings that make no-sense.

I firmly believe there are countless coaches at bigger clubs, and talented managers in the lower leagues, who would relish the chance to coem to oldham and prove themselves.

Its up to shez to prove that there is no need for this.

I like Keith Hill, a bit ruthless and takes no s~~t.

Think he'll get Dale up this season..plus all his signings are cheap if not free.

Dale have better young players than us at the moment.

Will Buckley who we let go at 16 for nothing is gonna make it big, with Celtic and Wolves looking at him.

I like Rundle, Thomson and Kennedy as well.

I'd have him if Shez goes at the end of the season.

Having had a bit of thought of the one's that would actually come here, I'll sling in three that might actually turn up.

Mark Robins.Keith Hill.

John Beck (bit Ronnie-esque this one though).

I still have nightmares to this day thanks to 'Rocking Robins' and that stinky goal he scored but he's working wonders at Rotherham,

Keith Hill.........................Good shout and yep this bloke has every chance of getting Dale promotion

I think our best chance is Paul Ince..............................................well you've got to start somewhere :lol: