Alternatives to Shez...

Important things to remember:

1. I have a broken leg and nothing better to do.

2. Stats based on Soccerbase figures.

3. Stats are not the be-all-to-end-all I know, just representative.

4. I think sacking Shez, for footballing reasons, is short sighted and bloody stupid, when you think that we've never left the top six all year. What sort of manager would look at a team who will sack a manager having never left the top six, who will have a smaller budget to work from and think it's the job for me? If we were 11th at Christmas next year he'd be expecting to get sacked, and that's an awful precedent to set!

Anyway, on with the stats. This is a selection of managers who are out of work (or in Gannon's case allowed to talk to other clubs) and is by no means definitive.

Shez:

Win = 41%

Lose = 31%

Gannon:

Win = 46%

Lose = 31%

Boothroyd:

Win = 37%

Lose = 34%

Holloway:

Win = 38%

Lose = 34%

Dowie:

Win = 40%

Lose = 35%

Ince:

Win = 48%

Lose =31%

Important things to remember:

1. I have a broken leg and nothing better to do.

2. Stats based on Soccerbase figures.

3. Stats are not the be-all-to-end-all I know, just representative.

4. I think sacking Shez, for footballing reasons, is short sighted and bloody stupid, when you think that we've never left the top six all year. What sort of manager would look at a team who will sack a manager having never left the top six, who will have a smaller budget to work from and think it's the job for me? If we were 11th at Christmas next year he'd be expecting to get sacked, and that's an awful precedent to set!

Anyway, on with the stats. This is a selection of managers who are out of work (or in Gannon's case allowed to talk to other clubs) and is by no means definitive.

Shez:

Win = 41%

Lose = 31%

Gannon:

Win = 46%

Lose = 31%

Boothroyd:

Win = 37%

Lose = 34%

Holloway:

Win = 38%

Lose = 34%

Dowie:

Win = 40%

Lose = 35%

Ince:

Win = 48%

Lose =31%

I note you've not put how many promotions they've all achieved on there.

Said this before, its all about expectations, and setting your own goals, and being judged by that....

Both Shez and Corney said this side should eb challenging for promotion this season. Anything less than that is not good enough. hence the fans expect this. The only way you can chllenge for promotion is being in the top 6 come 5pm on the last day of the season. Anything less than that is failure against Shez and TTA's own performance criteria. If the team does not meet those targets, someones head should roll - either the manager or the chairman... err... I know which my bet is on.

if we are in the top 6 come last day - happy days, this is your club shez.. if not. Failure. Give someone else a go. In turn, if we have a smaller budget etc... etc... I'd expect expectations for achievement should be reduced, which would be discussed with any new manager.

Oh, and tell Jim Gannon you cant challenge for promotion on a shoestring... or, here's a shout... Russell Slade - turned yeovil into promotion contenders 2 years ago when he was paying players with turnips and cider.

Shez:

2006/2007 Playoff Semis, Oldham

Gannon:

2007/2008 Playoff Winners, Stockport

Boothroyd:

2005/2006 Championship Playoff Winners, Watford

2007/2008 Championship play off semis, Watford

Holloway:

2002/2003 Division 2 Playoff Winners QPR

Dowie:

2002/2003 Division 2 Playoff Semi Finals Oldham

2003/2004 Division 1 Playoff Winners Crystal Palace

2005/2006 Championship Playoff semi finals Crystal Palace

Ince:

2007/2008 League 2 Champions MK Dons

More stats!

Top 8 against bottom half

P W D L F A Pts per game

Stockport 17 12 5 0 36 12 41 2.412

Leicester 19 13 5 1 35 14 44 2.316

MK Dons 16 12 1 3 40 20 37 2.313

Leeds 17 11 2 4 31 16 35 2.059

Millwall 15 8 5 2 19 11 29 1.933

Scunthorpe 18 10 4 4 38 28 34 1.889

Peterboro 17 9 5 3 36 24 32 1.882

Oldham 18 7 6 5 25 24 27 1.500

Top 8 against each other

P W D L F A Pts per game

Scunthorpe 9 6 0 3 15 10 18 2.000

Leicester 8 4 3 1 11 4 15 1.875

Oldham 10 5 3 2 18 13 18 1.800

Peterboro 9 4 2 3 11 12 14 1.556

Leeds 9 4 1 4 13 14 13 1.444

MK Dons 9 3 1 5 10 11 10 1.111

Millwall 10 3 1 5 13 19 10 1.000

Stockport 10 2 1 7 10 19 7 0.700

...and which of these managers are going to come to a small club, with a low budget (i.e. low wage for himself), who's fans demand your head the moment you sign a player that isn't the new Glenn Hoddle, with the running ability of Patrick Vieira, never mind, God forbid, lose a game against another team in the same division as you?

I'll go for none. Maybe Gannon if Stockport go under and he is looking faor a temporary job.

Don't all their players get paid... too easy...

Dont know what your point is Ack? responding to the point on small budgets. Can gurantee Gannon and Slade were working on budgets that are a fraction of ours - and both created sides that play attractive football and get results.

Arguably Slade achieved more than Shez by getting one stage further to the playoff final. With Yeovil. And with JP Kalala in the team.

I'd be happy to see Big Fat Joe come back in for the last few months, we won't be getting into the play offs with Shez at the helm.

Joe might come in with the enthusiasm and experience to get the lads going again. Plus might get one or two more through the gate.

...and which of these managers are going to come to a small club, with a low budget (i.e. low wage for himself), who's fans demand your head the moment you sign a player that isn't the new Glenn Hoddle, with the running ability of Patrick Vieira, never mind, God forbid, lose a game against another team in the same division as you?

i think you're referring mainly to OWTB members there.

to be fair he's had a 2 and a bit season honeymoon period from most supporters.

last night was the first time i've started to question whether he's the right man for the job and I'm still way off "demanding his head" and I think that would apply to the majority of OAFC supporters.

i think you're referring mainly to OWTB members there.

to be fair he's had a 2 and a bit season honeymoon period from most supporters.

last night was the first time i've started to question whether he's the right man for the job and I'm still way off "demanding his head" and I think that would apply to the majority of OAFC supporters.

same goes for me, and to an extent my dad and uncle who i go with. i would imagine that viewpoint speaks for the majority just about

I'm not demanding his head, most people will be waiting for the end of the season for that. However I won't be paying £20 to watch that :censored:e again this season and many will be thinking the same, will TTA make the change now? Whatever they do Shez will be gone if we don't make the play offs and even then I think he'd need to win them to keep his job.

If the budgets as tight as we think its going to be, and you want someone that will gain respect from the dressing room

step forward Mr.....

Tony Philliskirk

See, that's a very interesting point... he's done very well with the yoof setup, but then Shez did very well in that regard too. So are we swapping a like-for-like out of desperation?

See, that's a very interesting point... he's done very well with the yoof setup, but then Shez did very well in that regard too. So are we swapping a like-for-like out of desperation?

I wouldn’t do anything until the end of the season anyway. We then see where we are, and if we don’t go up, its a ''thanks very much john, you've tried and unfortunately not got us where we want to be''.

I agree that it’s a very similar appointment to Shez, but I don’t see who else realistically (without eating up a lot of the already small budget) that could come in! Most of the suggestions are both too expensive and un-realistic.

Tony already has a good knowledge of the club and players and is well respected at the club.

How about Alan Knill? Done wonders at Bury this season, has experience in our league and was unlucky to be sacked at Rotherham (due to finances... i think)

I wouldn’t do anything until the end of the season anyway. We then see where we are, and if we don’t go up, its a ''thanks very much john, you've tried and unfortunately not got us where we want to be''.

I agree that it’s a very similar appointment to Shez, but I don’t see who else realistically (without eating up a lot of the already small budget) that could come in! Most of the suggestions are both too expensive and un-realistic.

Tony already has a good knowledge of the club and players and is well respected at the club.

How about Alan Knill? Done wonders at Bury this season, has experience in our league and was unlucky to be sacked at Rotherham (due to finances... i think)

dont think tony p would go for it,maybe temp if shez was sacked now....but i think he prefers to bring the young players through,cant see him wanting to tarnish his reputation by accepting a very demanding job with a very demanding fan base and owners alike.

people out of work dont normally demand high wages..they may just be happy to back doing what they love best and the day to day challenges of putting a decent team together.

at this stage of a season you could go as far as saying..ok 13 games to go,get us up and you get a wage rise,type of scenario....

holloway springs to mind,and paul jewel....or like someone has said,big fat joe with willie d as his sidekick