Maher or whittaker

Forte_Baby

Maher or Whittaker  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather start for Oldham

• Kevin Maher
    • Danny Whitaker

Poor old Danny was better than Wellens a few months ago!

Was just thinking that which proves how fickle some people on this site are (you know who you are). That one was always a no brainer aswell. Say what you want about Wellens but he was a great midfielder at this level although I dislike him as much as the rest of you for leaving us. I voted Maher but that would heve been very different a couple of months ago. Very little or no goal threat (although gritty and clever), but Whitts has been garb the last couple of months and doesnt seem interested.

the state of danny whittakers latics career seems to emulate that of one gary mcdonald

IMO Gary Mcdonald had twice the ability of DW and to think of DW in the Scottish premier league (albeit not great!!), makes me shudder.

People used to (stupidly imo) say Wellens used to go missing, in terms of going missing DW is the Lord Lucan of the 3rd Division - a 4th division player at best. This is no witchhunt or boo boy option, just an opinion that i don't think he's good enough at this level - something I said on his arrival.

Mcdonald was and is good enough - he just didn't show it enough -

IMO Gary Mcdonald had twice the ability of DW and to think of DW in the Scottish premier league (albeit not great!!), makes me shudder.

People used to (stupidly imo) say Wellens used to go missing, in terms of going missing DW is the Lord Lucan of the 3rd Division - a 4th division player at best. This is no witchhunt or boo boy option, just an opinion that i don't think he's good enough at this level - something I said on his arrival.

Mcdonald was and is good enough - he just didn't show it enough -

Dont agree with either of you on McDonald. He may have suffered a loss of form but what you got was what you saw....... the lad tried 100% every game. You cant ask for more than that

Dont agree with either of you on McDonald. He may have suffered a loss of form but what you got was what you saw....... the lad tried 100% every game. You cant ask for more than that

One of the main criticisms from some, was that he didn't try enough - I agree with you however on this, that he did try.

I just felt that with Mcdonald, a young footballer, looking to improve his career, he showed the potential and had attributes that, with better players around him (not 3rd division), could do better - I do not think DW has that!

Voted Maher based upon current form. He has improved and Danny is off the boil at the moment.

However Danny showed earlier in the season he is a good player at this level and as soon as his performances (training / odd ressy game etc) improve and/or Kevin dips - I'd swap back.

2 good players who could both play if Allots form dips or we go 5 across the middle.

Voted Maher based upon current form. He has improved and Danny is off the boil at the moment.

However Danny showed earlier in the season he is a good player at this level and as soon as his performances (training / odd ressy game etc) improve and/or Kevin dips - I'd swap back.

2 good players who could both play if Allots form dips or we go 5 across the middle.

There probably is room for both of them at some point, Whittaker has had enough dcent games to show he can play a bit, he was never another Wellens though. the main point is though why does it always have to be a black & white issue? On here its always either/or. Management is not like that its sometimes shades of grey, people over react too much. Like I've said before 1 bad result (Bristol Rovers) doesn't make us crap and 1 good away win (MIllwall) doesn't make us certs for promotion. People need to get some perspective.

Maher had a mare tonight. Poor delivery and poor passing if further than 5 yards.

Still in my starting line up Saturday though.

It's so strange how we all watch the same game, yet views can differ so widely!

All about opinions... I thought he was alreet - the 1st half, him and Allott kept 2 potentially dangerous players at bay - though like the rest of the team, dropped deeper as the game wore on. If that's a mare though from him, he's got a few years left at this level.

Maher had a mare tonight. Poor delivery and poor passing if further than 5 yards.

Still in my starting line up Saturday though.

i voted maher too but now decided he,s too boring and predictable would put lee in cm to liven things up [in my dreams i know!!] but i can hope

i voted maher too but now decided he,s too boring and predictable would put lee in cm to liven things up [in my dreams i know!!] but i can hope

Voted Maher (belatedly i know).

Feel he contributes more over a 90 mins. DW is too in & out, though his goals have been very welcome when they've arrived.

Kev is a steady eddie type, who has good delivery from set pieces. He's worthy of his starting spot at present. DW has a role to play though in the run in.

So I'm quite clearley in a massive minority :lol: .......... but I think Whittaker is the only player who offers a goal threat from the centre of midfield. Maybe I'm just too much attack minded.

Let me join the minority party - Whittaker gives us a goal threat, Maher does not but brings other things - Maher and Whittaker and Allott to start for me... :wink:

Let me join the minority party - Whittaker gives us a goal threat, Maher does not but brings other things - Maher and Whittaker and Allott to start for me... :wink:

Won't mention Maher's pinpoint delivery v Northampton (Hazell and Windass goals) or his involvement in all 3 goals at Millwall then.

Whitaker in behind a loan striker is an interesting thought though. Although I'm yet to work out what Lewis Alessandra did wrong in that role.