Kabba came to the club with a reputation of being lightening quick, so In training you'd think that he'd be running on to balls threaded through the back four but we've seen none of it!!

Shez can bring in all the loan players he want's but until he addresses our midfield problem nothing's going to change!

Maher and Allott are half decent players but only go sideways and back...If we don't get a playmaker for the run in then you can forget promotion!!!

Guest sheridans_world
Kabba came to the club with a reputation of being lightening quick, so In training you'd think that he'd be running on to balls threaded through the back four but we've seen none of it!!

I didnt think many latics fans saw the training sessions? :blink:

Shez can bring in all the loan players he want's but until he addresses our midfield problem nothing's going to change!

Maher and Allott are half decent players but only go sideways and back...If we don't get a playmaker for the run in then you can forget promotion!!!

We've got one, he's been sat at home for the last few games!!

Don't think Kabba played badly on Monday and was by no means our worst player today. And by all accounts played well at Millwall.

The difference between kabba against millwall and the way he's played against Leeds and Colchester is unbelievable.

But that could also be said for ten other players too!!!

The way we played at millwall in the first 3o mins was a breath of fresh air we passed the ball around them at speed like they weren’t even there, yet at home we loose all confidence and resort to the long ball or punt up field.

We are a completely different side away from home but at boundary park we have too many players that hide! Is it our fault as moaning fans?

If i was sheridan I would start to play the likes of Lee & Stephens & Alessandra who must be eager to establish themselves in our first team line up and keep everybody on their toes.

The difference between kabba against millwall and the way he's played against Leeds and Colchester is unbelievable.

But that could also be said for ten other players too!!!

The way we played at millwall in the first 3o mins was a breath of fresh air we passed the ball around them at speed like they weren’t even there, yet at home we loose all confidence and resort to the long ball or punt up field.

We are a completely different side away from home but at boundary park we have too many players that hide! Is it our fault as moaning fans?

If i was sheridan I would start to play the likes of Lee & Stephens & Alessandra who must be eager to establish themselves in our first team line up and keep everybody on their toes.

you know that wont happen as they are not tried and tested players...

shez has no idea what they are capable of,and to put it blankly...doesnt seem that interested in finding out.

i fully expect if we get to a situation where we can no longer qualify for the playoffs,that is when we will see these type of players,to try to gauge what they could be like next season.....realise that they are quite decent players...then totally overlook them again and bring in another set of so called know what ya get tried n tested players again.

I've Seen Some Training, They Play A Match Then Go To The Gym, Nothing Tactical What So Ever!

if you beleive that then you must be stupid, nothing tactical whatsoever is total rubbish.

people give sheridan stick, rightfully or wrongfully but to say we dont do anything tactically is daft. sheridans tactics are baffling at times but at the likes of leeds leicester tranmere etc etc he got it spot on, just wish we could play these every week.

if you beleive that then you must be stupid, nothing tactical whatsoever is total rubbish.

people give sheridan stick, rightfully or wrongfully but to say we dont do anything tactically is daft. sheridans tactics are baffling at times but at the likes of leeds leicester tranmere etc etc he got it spot on, just wish we could play these every week.

Tactics or just the fact our players only decide they can be added for the big games?

Personally I think you need more of a tactical focus for say... Erm... Colchester at home, and we look sodding clueless...

Speaking of tactics and training.. What happened to the clever free kick routines we saw for the first couple of games? Utter flukes? Or simply it takes a whole summer to figure something like that out?

On recent showings I'm surprised they have even met each other before... Never mind train together..

Thats why we must,must get Promotion,so we are playing sides like Leeds and Leicester every week,seems we can only raise our game when theres a decent atmosphere.

Cant think of many sides in the Championship who wouldnt fill the big section of the Rocky every week,Burnley,Preston,Wendies would near enough fill the stand when they come.

Tactics or just the fact our players only decide they can be added for the big games?

Personally I think you need more of a tactical focus for say... Erm... Colchester at home, and we look sodding clueless...

Speaking of tactics and training.. What happened to the clever free kick routines we saw for the first couple of games? Utter flukes? Or simply it takes a whole summer to figure something like that out?

On recent showings I'm surprised they have even met each other before... Never mind train together..

Teams like Bristol Rovers, Colchester etc come with a definite game plan. Put pressure on midfield, hassle them whenever they have the ball, and sooner or later they start getting nervous and wanting to get rid of the ball by hoofing upfield. Our midfielders, bar none, want time on the ball to play a nice passing football. Keep Taylor (who wasn't playing yesterday) quiet by double marking him, and with no heights upfront, any hoofed ball is easily cleared or collected by keeper. Attack with pace and explore our back four's lack of pace (bar Jones), and they will soon set up a chance for their strikers.

I think the key to playing teams like them is to pack the midfield with 3-5-2 formation, win battles and supply quality balls to the feet of our strikers.

Whenever we've lost against teams below us, we have conceded the midfield to opposition.

Edited by Fyldelatic