Shez is sacked in the summer

Thats if we dont go up... which we still have a very good chance of if the players pull there fingers out there own a***

who comes in??

wages will drop next year, who would be the right manager to come in and work on a low budget??

theres quite a few who would prob do a decent job.. jim gannon, jim smith (we need a manager not a good coach like shez)

whos in work who would come to us, and whos not in a job whos good enough to take us up???

still keeping faith in shez tho!!! :grin:

i know alot of ppl would say jim gannon but it would be interesting to see who ppl come up with...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearing in mind that we'd likely lose Hughes, Taylor and possibly Eardley to other clubs in the summer, so the question should be, will we be good enough to go up?

I think the club would employ from within again...my vote would be for Crossley.

There again, I think we should stick with Shez.

Bearing in mind that we'd likely lose Hughes, Taylor and possibly Eardley to other clubs in the summer, so the question should be, will we be good enough to go up?

I think the club would employ from within again...my vote would be for Crossley.

There again, I think we should stick with Shez.

the club cant afford to employ from within....otherwise you end up with the same situation were in now.

jim gannon,danny wilson,keith hill steve cotterill,john gregory

Really? Any chance you could explain?

it hasnt really worked before has it....ritchie sharp etc....its the cheap option,if its a current member of the playing staff then they will be too close to the team to dissengage and stay in complete control,not fully being respected.

if the club did appoint from withing....the only person i would consider who gets the fullest and highest respect from everybody at the club is philliskirk.

i think the saying a new broom sweeps clean is very apt....we need to get back on track asap,and get someone in who isnt affraid to upset the apple cart,isnt affraid to shout at players and actually knows how to get the best out of a very good pool of players.

I've always felt that Ritchie has been hard done by this club at times, he was wrongly overlooked when Sharp got the job and then unfairly sacked when he'd been doing a decent job for us, the then tosspot chairman we had had his own plans for the club that didn't include Ritchie and was looking for the first opportunity to get rid.

I'd leave Philliskirk where he is now, he's doing a fantastic job with the clubs youth set up and it should stay that way. Besides, I don't think he's ever shown a desire to be part of the 1st team set up...has he?

it hasnt really worked before has it....ritchie sharp etc....its the cheap option,if its a current member of the playing staff then they will be too close to the team to dissengage and stay in complete control,not fully being respected.

if the club did appoint from withing....the only person i would consider who gets the fullest and highest respect from everybody at the club is philliskirk.

i think the saying a new broom sweeps clean is very apt....we need to get back on track asap,and get someone in who isnt affraid to upset the apple cart,isnt affraid to shout at players and actually knows how to get the best out of a very good pool of players.

To be fair, you can look at both sides of the argument and say they are both wrong. We have appointed from within, and we are still in league One (Ritchie, Dowie, Shez) and we have appointed from outside, and we are still in league One (Wadsworth, Talbot, Moore). It doesnt matter where you get the manager from, as long as its the right man for the job.

"we need to get back on track asap,and get someone in who isnt affraid to upset the apple cart,isnt affraid to shout at players and actually knows how to get the best out of a very good pool of players."..doesnt necessarily work. Brian Talbot came here having done a very good job with Rushden...he liked to shout at people, enforce rules, and nearly got us relegated.

Personally, I think what we all need to do at the moment is back Sheridan and the team (something that clearly hasn't been happening at recent home games), and see where we are in the Summer. I think Shez will be gone in the summer. Id say try to get Gannon in from Stockport, but I'm guessing he will want very good money, and with his fiery temper I couldn't see him lasting with Mr Corney.

To be fair, you can look at both sides of the argument and say they are both wrong. We have appointed from within, and we are still in league One (Ritchie, Dowie, Shez) and we have appointed from outside, and we are still in league One (Wadsworth, Talbot, Moore). It doesnt matter where you get the manager from, as long as its the right man for the job.

"we need to get back on track asap,and get someone in who isnt affraid to upset the apple cart,isnt affraid to shout at players and actually knows how to get the best out of a very good pool of players."..doesnt necessarily work. Brian Talbot came here having done a very good job with Rushden...he liked to shout at people, enforce rules, and nearly got us relegated.

Personally, I think what we all need to do at the moment is back Sheridan and the team (something that clearly hasn't been happening at recent home games), and see where we are in the Summer. I think Shez will be gone in the summer. Id say try to get Gannon in from Stockport, but I'm guessing he will want very good money, and with his fiery temper I couldn't see him lasting with Mr Corney.

i dont know....i think one of mr gannons main reasons for being upset at stockport is the lack of funds and backing he gets...he has to work miracles on a shoestring budget then gets his best players sold from under him...

just think what a gannon type manager could achieve with the same backing shez has had,if the managers doing his job properly and the results on the pitch are fine and you can actually see an improvement,and the fans are relatively happy then he would be backed to the hilt by tta's,they have always backed there managers...they have had very little back from it but they still back them.

Whether Shez goes in the summer or not his replacement should be the right person for the job. Doesn't matter whether they are already at the club or elsewhere. Before Shez it was pointed out by many fans that our next manager should be employed from within because it hadn't been working employing from the outside, they didn't know what the club was about etc. Make your minds up!

it hasnt really worked before has it....

And Wadsworth, Talbot and Moore were a success?

Flawed logic, methinks. It needs to be the right person for the job, who wants the job, who we can afford. Whether that's from within or not.

If the budget really does have to be reeled in, I'd put another vote in for Norm. I think he may become a very good manager. The only problem with that is I suspect he may well be leaving us in the summer for a goalkeeping coach role much higher up the leagues (no rumours or anything, just the way I think it'll go). However, if he did fancy a go at management we could do worse than Crossley with Dux as assistant.

Edited by garcon

We'd then be stuck with 90 minutes of Windass till he was ninety himself. Afterall he did turn down Championship clubs to do a favour for his mate so it'd only be fair for him to repay it :disappointed:

Keith Hill has always impressed me. Turned Dale into perrenial also-rans to promotion contenders and maintained one of the lowest budgets in the division. Sounds like he knows what he's doing whenever I've heard him on GMR and comes across really well. He doesn't have promotions on his records, but I reckon sooner or later Dale will make it if he stays at the helm anyway. Would do a decent job with a low budget.

Stay away from John Gregory at all costs hombres.