Shez is sacked in the summer

Funny how the natural reaction is to go back to club legends, with fans wanting Royle or Ritchie back.

It's understandable, but hasn't the legacy of one too many legends been tarnished already?

it is always a strange one as i think it harks back to what you know,and how much affection you have of them...regardless of if they can actually do the job or not.

people have mentioned bringing dowie back if shez is sacked,again its going back,the only decent thing he instilled was a good fitness regime,his record is as average as most other managers we have had.

gannon is a name being used a hell of a lot....would he come....i think he would,he went for an interview with brighton the other week

tta's would defo back him like they have all there managers,but i think he would bring in new and exciting players,not has beens and steady eddies...what he has done at stockport with little or no money is a miracle in footballing terms.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how history repeats itself.

I clearly remember the absolute outrage when Ritchie was sacked, despite us being 5th.

And how he was a great servant and hero to the club.

And how tactically naive he was.

And what garbage football we played.

Thats if we dont go up... which we still have a very good chance of if the players pull there fingers out there own a***

who comes in??

wages will drop next year, who would be the right manager to come in and work on a low budget??

theres quite a few who would prob do a decent job.. jim gannon, jim smith (we need a manager not a good coach like shez)

whos in work who would come to us, and whos not in a job whos good enough to take us up???

still keeping faith in shez tho!!! :grin:

i know alot of ppl would say jim gannon but it would be interesting to see who ppl come up with...

He should go now along with the others who tarnished the image of the club!

2 days off after Leeds game FFS!!!!

:angry:

I've shouted for it long enough and now it looks like it's gonna come true. But it is a sad end to his reign. The signs that he's out of his depth have been there long enough and action should've been taken sooner. Now it's almost front page news and it seems he's gonna be the fall guy for it. He does take the majority of the blame but he (and us) should've been put out of his misery a lot sooner.

With significant investment have we really moved on since the Blackpool play offs?

Anyway to answer the question...jeez it's a tough one...Steve Cotterill?

E4e

JSOUT

Don't think he has long left myself either, and as Nik says it will be a sad end to his time at Latics if/ when that time comes.

Who would I plump for?

Well the man I wanted in after Ronnie was cut free, Danny Wilson (not just for his initials). I think he has been a proven and fabulous manager at this level with some rather unfancied outfits (Wendies excepted - he was boss man for them when they came down wasn't he?). He did a good job at the hangers and it puzzled me that they let him go when they did. He also seems to be, ever so slowly, turning Swindon around.

I wouldn't mind Ince - kind of new to management, so maybe a new set of ideas a-la Dowie and I think he would automatically gain the respect of the players by what he acheived in his career. Not sure that with his past connections he would be the ideal choice fan wise, but hey ho.

Cotterill isn't a bad shout, nor Gannon; and there are probably a good few more that would be interested.

Derek.

Nice one, I think everytime I disagree with someone's post, I'll tell them to "stop talking twaddle" and throw in an internet geekesq newspeak swearword too. :grin:

give over...twaddles up there with wazzack.....been around for ages....lol

sometimes it is often said that in life in order to go forward sometimes you have to take a step back first...

however in football im a firm believer in never going back,especially if a bit more success was achieved aka like royle.

andy ritchie should always be remembered for his playing ability and goals scored in those crazy seasons we had,he is simply to nice a guy to be a competant manager.

gannon is the obvious choice considering what he has done down the road on next to nothing of a budget,and bringing through young hungry players,players like taylor and smalley n lewis could thrive under a management style like his,istead of being stifled.

the other good shouts are cotterill and wilson,he has always been there or there abouts,other than that im at a loss,although im sure when the time does eventually come,there will be a lot of interest.

I think he meant "ffs".... :wink:

Edit: ...and I think you knew that didnt you?!?!

Whoosh for me!

Edited by martjs

Gannon & Keith Hill are good shouts......

Aidy Boothroyd is still out of work & did a cracking job at Watford till that ran its course....??

Looking North of the border Jim Jeffries & Mark McGee are doing well with their respective clubs...

I'd be disappointed with Ince; as i'm led to believe it was a behind the scenes Sam Allerdyce that was the real mastermind behind the MKDons while Ince was there......very unproven manager IMO.

Got a feeling that we maybe will be debating these names as real appointments sooner rather than later...........

i'm led to believe it was a behind the scenes Sam Allerdyce that was the real mastermind behind the MKDons while Ince was there....

Wow, now that is a conspiracy theory! :lol:

Can't stand Ince myself - but I reckon he's way too much of a Big Time Charlie for us. Thank God.

never rated cotterill

gregory,robson, ternant etc are livingin the dark ages

never go back to legends/past managers. never works.

only options for me are keith hill, and jim gannon, preferably gannon. both good young managers, who would thrive with a squad like ours.

never wanted rid of shez, but im beginning to think the events of the past couple of weeks are beginning to show our club is built on shifting sands. wether or not the windass thing, and now the dogs debacle have been blown out of proportion,there is no smoke without fire. it is obvious certain members of staff have no respect for the three amigo's, and i say get rid now. if that means sheridan walks, then so be it

sometimes it is often said that in life in order to go forward sometimes you have to take a step back first...

however in football im a firm believer in never going back,especially if a bit more success was achieved aka like royle.

andy ritchie should always be remembered for his playing ability and goals scored in those crazy seasons we had,he is simply to nice a guy to be a competant manager.

gannon is the obvious choice considering what he has done down the road on next to nothing of a budget,and bringing through young hungry players,players like taylor and smalley n lewis could thrive under a management style like his,istead of being stifled.

the other good shouts are cotterill and wilson,he has always been there or there abouts,other than that im at a loss,although im sure when the time does eventually come,there will be a lot of interest.

Fair enough matey. Wouldn't be devastated with Gannon, I've rated the guy since he performed wonders by keeping County up in his first season.