Conspiracy Theory

Having read nearly every item I can find on the "Dogs" episode I keep trying to sift out what the problem is at the club. The same names keep coming up - Sheridan, Gregan, Hughes & Taylor. Whilst I don't think Taylor is the type to cause problems, it was said that he was involved in and incident with Ricketts before Ricketts was moved on and Hughes had him by the throat during the Huddersfield away match. It was said that Davies was moved on because the "senior" players had problems with him. We know there is a drink problem at the club and the main offenders would appear to be Sheridan, Gregan and Hughes.

What do we do? If it's Taylor (which I hope it isn't) he needs to be shipped out on loan and sold at the end of the season. If it is Sheridan he has to go now because it becomes obvious that he has lost the dressingroom. If it is Hughes & Gregan they have to have their contracts terminated (Hughes will walk at the end of the season anyway). Whichever it is we should see an immediate change in attitude on the pitch.

During games Hughes & Gregan react badly to Sheridan whenever they get any comments levelled at them. Every combination we have tried up front has included Hughes - perhaps it's time for Windass and Kappa/Alexandra.

If it is Sheridan then I think Joe Royle would be the man to see us though to the end of this season and the hand over to someone else.

Whoever the culprits are I think we can expect a press conference tomorrow, someone will leave and we can get our season back on track.

Having read nearly every item I can find on the "Dogs" episode I keep trying to sift out what the problem is at the club. The same names keep coming up - Sheridan, Gregan, Hughes & Taylor. Whilst I don't think Taylor is the type to cause problems, it was said that he was involved in and incident with Ricketts before Ricketts was moved on and Hughes had him by the throat during the Huddersfield away match. It was said that Davies was moved on because the "senior" players had problems with him. We know there is a drink problem at the club and the main offenders would appear to be Sheridan, Gregan and Hughes.

What do we do? If it's Taylor (which I hope it isn't) he needs to be shipped out on loan and sold at the end of the season. If it is Sheridan he has to go now because it becomes obvious that he has lost the dressingroom. If it is Hughes & Gregan they have to have their contracts terminated (Hughes will walk at the end of the season anyway). Whichever it is we should see an immediate change in attitude on the pitch.

During games Hughes & Gregan react badly to Sheridan whenever they get any comments levelled at them. Every combination we have tried up front has included Hughes - perhaps it's time for Windass and Kappa/Alexandra.

If it is Sheridan then I think Joe Royle would be the man to see us though to the end of this season and the hand over to someone else.

Whoever the culprits are I think we can expect a press conference tomorrow, someone will leave and we can get our season back on track.

Here's a theory for you. The same names keep cropping up because they are easy targets. All three have some severe critics - criticism apparently based on lifestyle, performance, myths, and plain personal opinion. Ok. All three are , in the Latics, context, "personalities". They do not hide on the pitch, and Sheridan can't hide in the dug out. The greater a profile, the easier it is to have a pop, or to spin rumours . The same names do keep cropping up, internet messageboards feed upon them selves . Like a bush fire. Doesn't mean that what "was said" to be the reason for anything is true.

All three may be far from whiter than white. That's not unusual in professional sport. The club is investigating. Let's wait and see.

...and if to prove LaticsPete's theory...

ohhhhhhh easy target eh,lol

greegan hughes on the field is how they are,that is there style of play,most times they get stuck in and put the effort in,every now and again they dont.

sheridan on the pitch was the same 1005 committed,talking pointing gesticulating and generally marshalling the players..

sheridan the manager is totally different...how he can stand on the sidelines and say and do virtually nothing during that performance is amazing really.

watched a few tv games over the weekend,and all the managers were the same,regardless of winning losing or drawing.they were all stood around the technical area giving out instructions and encouragement and talking to the players like any decent manager would do.....instead we get a statue...

i cant comment on there private lives as i have no knowledge of there lifestyle away from bp,other than various rumours banded about.