so.....it's 3pm Saturday 9th August 2008.........

dfOAFC

Yes or No??  

75 members have voted

1. 1. ....would you have taken it???

• Yes
    • No

.............we're just about to kick off against Millwall................someone offers you 6th place with 10 games to go...........11 points off second with a game in hand and playing 3rd place on Saturday with a good record against fellow promotion contenders............

Edited by dfOAFC

(Corporal_Jones @ Feb 1 2008, 11:02 AM)

The problem is that we don't build a side. As pointed out many times before, the side is ripped apart every close season, which means that we start a season with a new side that has fallen out of the running before it's even begun to gel.

We then have the usual, 'will we/won't we make the play-offs?' When we do, a patched-up side of past-it veterans and kids go and bottle it.

The only way we will ever get out of this division is by building a decent squad, keeping it together and going all-out for automatic promotion[/b].

There is no will at the club to do this.

Really !!!

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Feb 1 2008, 11:02 AM) *

The problem is that we don't build a side. As pointed out many times before, the side is ripped apart every close season, which means that we start a season with a new side that has fallen out of the running before it's even begun to gel.

We then have the usual, 'will we/won't we make the play-offs?' When we do, a patched-up side of past-it veterans and kids go and bottle it.

The only way we will ever get out of this division is by building a decent squad, keeping it together and going all-out for automatic promotion.

Really !!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Feb 1 2008, 11:02 AM) *

The only way we will ever get out of this division is by building a decent squad, keeping it together and going all-out for automatic promotion.

Really !!!

So things changed in the summer?

But searching out old posts of mine? Are you going to end up stalking me?

.............we're just about to kick off against Millwall................someone offers you 6th place with 10 games to go...........11 points off second with a game in hand and playing 3rd place on Saturday with a good record against fellow promotion contenders............

....but your manager and/or up to three best players are a disciplinary hearing away from getting sacked......

So things changed in the summer?

But searching out old posts of mine? Are you going to end up stalking me?

No just showing that no matter how much you bang on and on that the future his bad for Latics and are determined to get every member to believe what you say is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but. You may actually get it wrong :shock:

P.S

... christ we had a good start to the New year last year :unsure:

No, I wouldn't take that. Put Scunny in our place and that's the best 6 in this division.

7 and a half league games in and we were flying high, we've been pish since, and only risen to the big teams.

No just showing that no matter how much you bang on and on that the future his bad for Latics and are determined to get every member to believe what you say is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but. You may actually get it wrong :shock:

P.S

... christ we had a good start to the New year last year :unsure:

I was pleased to get it wrong. Once again we are seeing the players letting TTA, and us, down, though, and at this most crucial stage in the club's history. I doubt if we'll see another squad as capable of winning promotion in a hurry.

Trying to get every member to believe what I say? It's merely putting forward an opinion old boy.

No I don't. In the summer the club kept the squad together and strengthened it.

The post that MarkOasis found was from fifteen months ago.

1st Feb 2008, so 13 months ... or did I get that wrong?

taken from here...................

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11477&st=20

Contained are the same things about crowds, TTA redevelopment you sprouted then.... sprouted now. So if you got the keeping the squad togther and adding to it wrong .... maybe just maybe your wrong about the rest :idea: ... just maybe.

god bless!

1st Feb 2008, so 13 months ... or did I get that wrong?

taken from here...................

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11477&st=20

Contained are the same things about crowds, TTA redevelopment you sprouted then.... sprouted now. So if you got the keeping the squad togther and adding to it wrong .... maybe just maybe your wrong about the rest :idea: ... just maybe.

god bless!

Spouted, not sprouted.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but somehow I don't think that back to being also-rans in the third division in a three-sided, deteriorating ground, with owners

who, although excellent, have more or less admitted that they can't carry on subsidising the club indefinitely, exactly points to a rosy future .

I'm happy that you do though