Khan v Barrera

Khan needs it over in the first three rounds.

If he goes beyond 3 and those hands start to drop we all know his chin hangs and there are fewer better even now than Barrera at planting one on the end of a chin.

His talk before Prescott was of taking on Hatton. Ricky not Matthew. His talk yesterday was of ending Barrera's career. He really does himself no favours and quite how they can be talking about a world title fight for him should he beat Barrera I don't know. He got knocked out in the first round six months ago. Since then he's beat Fagan. That's it.

There will probably be more in the arena tomorrow than have bought the fight on Sky.

Although Barrera is the much older and smaller man ( think its only his second fight at the weight ) I still think he will win. He has the heart of a lion and the boxing skills not to get knocked out and over the course of the fight he will catch Khan and his awful chin will be exposed again.

On a slight off topic I saw an interview with Barrera years ago about his fight with Hamed, late on in the fight after giving Hamed a boxing masterclass he was roughing him up and whispering in his ear ( very unlike Barrera but he had been taunted before the fight by Hamed ), he was asked what he said to him, Barrera replied " you are my bitch "

Boxing Legend

Although Barrera is the much older and smaller man ( think its only his second fight at the weight ) I still think he will win. He has the heart of a lion and the boxing skills not to get knocked out and over the course of the fight he will catch Khan and his awful chin will be exposed again.

On a slight off topic I saw an interview with Barrera years ago about his fight with Hamed, late on in the fight after giving Hamed a boxing masterclass he was roughing him up and whispering in his ear ( very unlike Barrera but he had been taunted before the fight by Hamed ), he was asked what he said to him, Barrera replied " you are my bitch "

Boxing Legend

The talentless overhyped twerp isn't fit to be in the ring as Barrera's bucketman, never mind standing toe to toe with him. I hope for his sake Barrera gets it over quick then hopefully the hyper-bole surrounding an average boxer will cease. Nothing against the lad he's just noehere near world class and has only fought bums so far. Sky knew they had to bag a big name to justify the Box Office fee...

Edited by oafcprozac

Barrera's going to kick his arse.

I'd like to think so but I get the feeling he's just too past it. I doubt Frank Warren would have matched Khan up with him otherwise. Barrera hasn't beat anyone of any decent stature for over 2 years, he's not a Lightweight and Khan is quite a big Lightweight. Khan has the speed and the stamina and very quick hands....I think Khan is going to decision it. Although if Barrera can catch him a few times it'll be interesting to see how Khan's chin holds up. Despite what people think Khan isn't a bad boxer, he's just been managed very badly, now he's with Freddie Roach he's going to bring the best out in Khan.

I'd like to think so but I get the feeling he's just too past it. I doubt Frank Warren would have matched Khan up with him otherwise. Barrera hasn't beat anyone of any decent stature for over 2 years, he's not a Lightweight and Khan is quite a big Lightweight. Khan has the speed and the stamina and very quick hands....I think Khan is going to decision it. Although if Barrera can catch him a few times it'll be interesting to see how Khan's chin holds up. Despite what people think Khan isn't a bad boxer, he's just been managed very badly, now he's with Freddie Roach he's going to bring the best out in Khan.

You might well be right but I think Khan's team are underestimating what they're going to get from Barrera. Should be interesting anyway.

Well if he hadn't of won against an ageing boxer (all be it a ledgend) he would of had a serious task on his hands to get to the top.

And never in a million years would i pay 16 quid or what ever it was to watch an overated boxer Vs one who should of retired a couple of years ago.

Looking forward to Rickys fight now with Manny.

I watched it....disappointing really. Was very much looking forward to a good fight.

Everyone knew that Khan was going to come out and ''box Barrera's head off'' for the first six rounds or so....the big question was how Khan would cope if the fight dragged on...would he drop his guard and get caught ? Would his chin have took it ? We will never know.

Gotta say Khan looked good and he was certainly testing Barrera, but never did Barrera look hurt and I still would have put my money on a Barrera win.