The OWTB Twitter Thread

boboafc

It's good in its own way, particularly for bands and artists I think. But for general communication it's shoddy in the extreme, and because everyone has loads of control in how to build their page means a lot of pages you come across either look horrid, clunky, crash your computer or all three. I've got a page for my clubnight but getting people added to it seems too much of a daunting task.

Comparing all three; Facebook, Twitter and MySpace is a waste of time anyway.

I'm Wheatabeat in Twitter by the way.

Added you mate, I remain Ste1987 :)

Edited by ste1987

It's good in its own way, particularly for bands and artists I think. But for general communication it's shoddy in the extreme, and because everyone has loads of control in how to build their page means a lot of pages you come across either look horrid, clunky, crash your computer or all three. I've got a page for my clubnight but getting people added to it seems too much of a daunting task.

pretty much why i love and hate myspace.

love the music side to it.

hate the way some think their page looks "cool" when its just a cluttered mess thats just unusable.

as for friends,i stopped accepting them after 4 days,just a bunch of "be my friend" collectors.

just use it now as another way of spreading and gaining info.

oh..just opened a facebook account...i'll give it a week before i get bored with it!!!

pretty much why i love and hate myspace.

love the music side to it.

hate the way some think their page looks "cool" when its just a cluttered mess thats just unusable.

as for friends,i stopped accepting them after 4 days,just a bunch of "be my friend" collectors.

just use it now as another way of spreading and gaining info.

oh..just opened a facebook account...i'll give it a week before i get bored with it!!!

You can create pages on their for things such as your shop JP. So people join and much as you do on here you can send out notifications of your latest products and what not... it's actually pretty useful.

Facebook has gone to :censored: though. I'm losing interest in it - you finally learn where they've moved an option to and they re-do the UI again and have to start from scratch. One more piss-poor change and I might give up on it.

Facebook has gone to :censored: though. I'm losing interest in it - you finally learn where they've moved an option to and they re-do the UI again and have to start from scratch. One more piss-poor change and I might give up on it.

I thought this the last time they changed things round. Hated all the tabbing system, but then grew to like it so I'm reserving opinion for now. I like Facebook, but only when you phase all the people who send you absolute :censored:e out. Once you twiggle with your settings a bit your feed becomes better. For viral word spreading, Facebook is brilliant at it and I'm starting using it for work reasons too, which justifies me being on it half the day at work!

Twitter seems to be booming now that more phones have full internet, or special apps for it, making it supereasy to use. Unfortunately my 5-year-old :censored: Samsung thing takes me about 10 minutes to pull off the half-time League 1 scores so I won't be tweeting from my phone just yet.

I thought this the last time they changed things round. Hated all the tabbing system, but then grew to like it so I'm reserving opinion for now. I like Facebook, but only when you phase all the people who send you absolute :censored:e out. Once you twiggle with your settings a bit your feed becomes better. For viral word spreading, Facebook is brilliant at it and I'm starting using it for work reasons too, which justifies me being on it half the day at work!

The old one grew on me, and as you say had great phasing in/out of people/apps you don't like but this one doesn't have a phase. It's either all or nothing which is annoying as I have friends who I don't mind the occasional message from but don't want all over my wall.

The new wall is all about tweets and that's useless to me. Most of my friends use a tweet/f'book status combination updater - I never really read status updates on f'book - it was great for photo threads, notes and what not, but they've all been shoved off to one side where they seem to be a second thought.

To me f'book should focus on the opposite thing it is doing. Become a great tool for social networking on a deeper level than just "i'm here at the pub"... it should be all about it's groups, events and photo's.

But then what do I know?

Twitter seems to be booming now that more phones have full internet, or special apps for it, making it supereasy to use. Unfortunately my 5-year-old :censored: Samsung thing takes me about 10 minutes to pull off the half-time League 1 scores so I won't be tweeting from my phone just yet.

Twitter is huge amongst certain circles, like I mentioned up this thread. As for your phone - that's shameful :wink:

My iPhone has dozens of twitter apps and only one facebook one... this is somewhere they could get their arse handed to them if they're not careful - as Twitter is very open and f'book is basically just the one app.

My iPhone has dozens of twitter apps and only one facebook one... this is somewhere they could get their arse handed to them if they're not careful - as Twitter is very open and f'book is basically just the one app.

I've got an iPhone Ackey and I think it's great. Why all the twitter apps and are there any differences in them?

I'm on f'book but not downloaded the app onto my phone yet - in fact, I wasnt even gonna bother as I dont use f'book much.

I've got an iPhone Ackey and I think it's great. Why all the twitter apps and are there any differences in them?

I'm on f'book but not downloaded the app onto my phone yet - in fact, I wasnt even gonna bother as I dont use f'book much.

There's differences yeah mate, you just have to try them out and see which you like. I wouldn't pay for any - there's plenty of free ones. I'm using Twitterific at the moment and it's decent enough.

The F'book app on the iPhone is pretty decent mate - it's a poormans picture messaging as you can upload them direct from your phone to facebook to make up for the lack of Picture messaging. Although talk is that the 3.0 software will have picturemessaging anyway.