All is not lost

we are only two points off the play offs

we have one of the top squads in the league, including Hughes who will hit 20 for the season

we have a relatively easy run in

we could quite easily put a good run together and finishcomfortably in the playoffs

BUT

It wont happen with Sheridan In charge.

In the summer we will lose Hughes, and possibly Taylor/Smalley. without these players its unlikely we will be able to sustain a decent push for promotion next time round. We have to act now, If we are serious about promotion the board has to act now. Gannon is the way forward.

With Sheridan in charge a sub 10th finish is imminent.

we have 18 points from the last 51 possible. that is relagation form, and it seems at the minute we are poo against anyone

if it wasnt for the first 7 games of the season we would be 16th/18th now

so how the hell can you start off saying all is not lost then???

were doomed......to stay in this league for another season...

so how the hell can you start off saying all is not lost then???

were doomed......to stay in this league for another season...

all isnt lost. with the right manager in charge, making the play offs is achievable. sheridan aint the right manager

we have 18 points from the last 51 possible. that is relagation form, and it seems at the minute we are poo against anyone

if it wasnt for the first 7 games of the season we would be 16th/18th now

That is terrible form.

So IF we had lost the first 7 games, instead of winning them (under Shez) we would have been 16/18? Well IF we had beaten Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Colchester we would be 4th. Neither scenario is relevant, however my scenario suggests to me that there is something to work with in Shez. Funnily enough yours kind of does as well.

we are only two points off the play offs

we have one of the top squads in the league, including Hughes who will hit 20 for the season

we have a relatively easy run in

we could quite easily put a good run together and finishcomfortably in the playoffs

BUT

It wont happen with Sheridan In charge.

In the summer we will lose Hughes, and possibly Taylor/Smalley. without these players its unlikely we will be able to sustain a decent push for promotion next time round. We have to act now, If we are serious about promotion the board has to act now. Gannon is the way forward.

With Sheridan in charge a sub 10th finish is imminent.

Sorry , cant see Shez getting sacked, but starting to think he doesn't believe we can do it anymore. If he doesn't believe in his squad, then we have no chance, so for the very first time, I think Shez out!

A new manager at this stage might be the breath of fresh air the club needs. He would come in with a positive attitude and new ideas. Let's face it, things can't get any worse can they?

Gotta say this this, and no disrespect mate but I am so pissed off with the last couple of months performances. I think you are Dreaming, we wont finish in the top 8,the longer this goes on the less chance there is of getting Gannon.

Lets be honest why would he want to come here and manage the biggest and best squad we have had for a while (yawn) funny I never ever felt that way when people were bulling us up on here.If the squad was so good why have we loaned so many players, though I have to say Jones is a good player and I believe Kabba,and Byfield would score goals in this team If we had a midfield that knew how to penetrate a defence (Taylor excepted).

Maybe thats what has upset morale too many loanees or short term ones.

Considering Shezz was a midfielder of some quality I find it staggering that we have the most unbalanced an innefective midfields in this league. And still never managed to sort out the problem left back position which has been going on since Charlton retired.

Nobody has mentioned this I dont think but Plymouth signed a lad from Skelsmersdale this week who has scored a :censored: load of goals,cant help feeling we are still missing out on local non league talent.

To be honest in the interviews on latics world over the last few weeks Shezz has looked and sounded like a man under a lot of pressure,he quite clearly looks to me as though he is struggling to deal with it.

No matter what happens he has been a loyal servant to this club and that should not be forgotton if his tenure comes to an end I hope it is done correctly.

I would like to see us still get in the play offs but lets face it we are in relegation form at the moment and the season looks like it will finish in one big anti climax for us unfortunately.

Like I said no offence mate but I think the rose tinted specs are well and truly off now and Shezz needs to be put out off his misery if he hasnt decided for himself already which I dont think can be too far away.

That is terrible form.

So IF we had lost the first 7 games, instead of winning them (under Shez) we would have been 16/18? Well IF we had beaten Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Colchester we would be 4th. Neither scenario is relevant, however my scenario suggests to me that there is something to work with in Shez. Funnily enough yours kind of does as well.

Did you go to the game yesterday. It seems you are in love with shez.

Lets be honest why would he want to come here and manage the biggest and best squad we have had for a while (yawn) funny I never ever felt that way when people were bulling us up on here.If the squad was so good why have we loaned so many players, though I have to say Jones is a good player and I believe Kabba,and Byfield would score goals in this team If we had a midfield that knew how to penetrate a defence (Taylor excepted).

Considering Shezz was a midfielder of some quality I find it staggering that we have the most unbalanced an innefective midfields in this league. And still never managed to sort out the problem left back position which has been going on since Charlton retired.

And there lies the problem. Fleming, Gregan, Hazell, Maher, Taylor, Hughes are the backbone of a very, very good team. With the latter being a 20 goal a season man that every team in the land craves and exactly what a promotion chasing team needs.

Had Shez utilised his loans wisely...FFS we've TWO left backs in on loan at the moment...ie not wasting the majority on journeymen strikers and looking at the real problem area that everyone can see, centre mid, he may not be copping for as much as he is now.

But he hasn't. And like you say, it's even more staggering when you see he was one himself.

He's persisted game after game and month after month with Allott and Whitts, only recently letting Maher have a kick. He's given no one else a chance there. Lee has looked half decent when he's played here and there...why not give him a go? Stephens?

Stockport away showed Whitts and Allott up for what they are when they play together - not really high tempo shall I say - and add Maher to them and we've another like that. We've know one who gets up and down and can dictate a pacey game. It's so predictable with these guys because they're so similar and limited in their games.

And I've just heard we signed a guy on a months loan from Chelsea back in Feb...

The man is a clown who has blown the best chance this club has had in years because that 20 goal a season man will not be here next season.

E4e

JSOUT

Gotta say this this, and no disrespect mate but I am so pissed off with the last couple of months performances. I think you are Dreaming, we wont finish in the top 8,the longer this goes on the less chance there is of getting Gannon.

WTF are some people creaming themselves over the thought of getting Gannon?

WTF are some people creaming themselves over the thought of getting Gannon?

I think they see him as our best hope of making the play-offs this season and improving next.

Shez hasn't got what it takes to turn it round. I wish it wasn't the case, but the niggling doubts have come home to roost. We have never managed to put a decent run together. It's 2 years since we won 3 on the bounce ffs!!!!

Why would you not want Jim Gannon to be manager at Oldham Athletic?

And there lies the problem. Fleming, Gregan, Hazell, Maher, Taylor, Hughes are the backbone of a very, very good team. With the latter being a 20 goal a season man that every team in the land craves and exactly what a promotion chasing team needs.

Had Shez utilised his loans wisely...FFS we've TWO left backs in on loan at the moment...ie not wasting the majority on journeymen strikers and looking at the real problem area that everyone can see, centre mid, he may not be copping for as much as he is now.

But he hasn't. And like you say, it's even more staggering when you see he was one himself.

He's persisted game after game and month after month with Allott and Whitts, only recently letting Maher have a kick. He's given no one else a chance there. Lee has looked half decent when he's played here and there...why not give him a go? Stephens?

Stockport away showed Whitts and Allott up for what they are when they play together - not really high tempo shall I say - and add Maher to them and we've another like that. We've know one who gets up and down and can dictate a pacey game. It's so predictable with these guys because they're so similar and limited in their games.

And I've just heard we signed a guy on a months loan from Chelsea back in Feb...

The man is a clown who has blown the best chance this club has had in years because that 20 goal a season man will not be here next season.

E4e

JSOUT

i agree, the lee situation is baffling put him in midfield with allot or maher and see how he does,he may not be the biggest guy in the world but he,s clever,has a good brain,shez told him you not at man u anymore you have to learn to play the oldham way,whats that all about his passing and one touch football not good enough for us?

Did you go to the game yesterday. It seems you are in love with shez.

Nope. :tongue1:

I'm not in love with Shez, I'm in love with not starting all over again on the managerial merry-go-round. Until fairly recently he was doing what was required, and so for me it's still not quite time for writing off the last three years and starting all over again.

Chances are we would end up with somebody worse.

Nope. :tongue1:

I'm not in love with Shez, I'm in love with not starting all over again on the managerial merry-go-round. Until fairly recently he was doing what was required, and so for me it's still not quite time for writing off the last three years and starting all over again.

Chances are we would end up with somebody worse.

John Sheridan - Joe Royle..... *weighs up managerial records and legendary status at club*

:wink: