Sheridan In... For Now Anyways...

I am as angry as the next person about yesterday BUT I do feel if we get rid now that will effectively end this season’s chance of promotions. It will be cutting off our nose to spite the face.

Give him to May and if we don’t make the play offs give him the chop then but I strongly believe axing him now would be a negative move. I want what little hope we have left intact.

You often see relegation threatened teams pick up for a game of two when a new manager takes over but it’s usually a temporary improvement until all the old issues come back.

Let the season run its course, then review it and take action...

I am as angry as the next person about yesterday BUT I do feel if we get rid now that will effectively end this season’s chance of promotions. It will be cutting off our nose to spite the face.

Give him to May and if we don’t make the play offs give him the chop then but I strongly believe axing him now would be a negative move. I want what little hope we have left intact.

You often see relegation threatened teams pick up for a game of two when a new manager takes over but it’s usually a temporary improvement until all the old issues come back.

Let the season run its course, then review it and take action...

Interesting points, athough alot of people are arguing the complete opposite

As in sheridan clearly does not have a clue and we are only going to get lower in the table whilst he is in charge, and would hold out more hope of getting to the playoffs with someone else in charge for the last nine games.

I suspect if sheridan is not gone by monday then he will be here until the end of the season, although I personally think he has to go now as I see his position as untenable, and any new manager that comes in will be able to assess the players for himself rather than having to rely on word of others/hearsay to make a decision of who gets a new contract and who doesnt, as would be the case if he went at the end of the season.

Interesting points, athough alot of people are arguing the complete opposite

As in sheridan clearly does not have a clue and we are only going to get lower in the table whilst he is in charge, and would hold out more hope of getting to the playoffs with someone else in charge for the last nine games.

I suspect if sheridan is not gone by monday then he will be here until the end of the season, although I personally think he has to go now as I see his position as untenable, and any new manager that comes in will be able to assess the players for himself rather than having to rely on word of others/hearsay to make a decision of who gets a new contract and who doesnt, as would be the case if he went at the end of the season.

I have always been a massive Shez fan but i think his position has become untenable for reasons which sadly arent football related and if rumours are to believed from the night at the dogs, well, i dont think it needs to be elaborated on.

I've just rated your post 5 stars - never done that before. 5 stars for total nonsense.

'Old issues' for relegation clubs are the playing staff and the manager's capability.

Our problems aren't the players not being up to the job, they have no motivation, tactical guidance or discipline. Replace the manager and there are no old issues to come back. Even if you got the Krankies in to manage they can't do much worse that the last 8 games - 9 points from a possible 24 and 15th in the league here at 365

Don't really get the 'cutting off our nose to spite the face' reference.

I think people are angry and upset and want to lash out (sack the manager)... When in reality doing that could hurt us more (cancle any chance of promotion)...

You might not agree with it but come on! it wasnt that hard to work out was it ?

Edited by oafc0000

The couple of wins you mentioned would be a bonus. The downside of Sheriden remaining would be same team, same tactics, same substitutions and very little to show at the end of each game.

Gannon in NOW.

Would be a bounus that would mean FA... If thats the only bounus we would get its better to wait until May to make judgements I feel...

I have always been a massive Shez fan but i think his position has become untenable for reasons which sadly arent football related and if rumours are to believed from the night at the dogs, well, i dont think it needs to be elaborated on.

You're joking, right?

E4e

JSOUT

Hughes will be gone by then, along with our chance of promotion for next year.

Well done Shez.

E4e

JSOUT

I think people are angry and upset and want to lash out (sack the manager)... When in reality doing that could hurt us more (cancle any chance of promotion)...

You might not agree with it but come on! it wasnt that hard to work out was it ?

i think the season has gone now to be honest.

i think doing nothing and leaving someone in charge who is cleary out of his depth is a major slap in the face for the fans.

the longer he remains in charge playing the same mind numbing football,making inane substitutions that dont improve things the more fans will become dissalusioned and leave in there droves....

if you take the first 7 games out of the equatsion you can count on one hand how many decent games we have played,putting it bluntly,without those first 7 games we would be worrying about relegation again...

im sorry but he hasnt learnt anything from last season.and now stands on the touchline arms folded not having a clue what to do,he doesnt show any emotion pride or passion,so how the hell can the team.

sorry,but the longer he stays the more harm he does,get rid now while we may still be able to rescue something,and a bit of dignity.

Last two games maybe not...but generally speaking your statement is incorrect..

ok im obviously talking out my hat again and bow to your far superior knowledge of all things latics and sheridan.

i will for once ignore the inane and inept performances i have paid through the nose to watch,the total avoidance of confronting the obvious team spirit decline and inability to motivate and get a team up for games we really should be winning.

and the obvious media farce from the fall out from the dogs which has been hushed up somewhat by the board to avoid any more humiliation to our fallen hero we sadly call our manager.

ok im obviously talking out my hat again and bow to your far superior knowledge of all things latics and sheridan.

i will for once ignore the inane and inept performances i have paid through the nose to watch,the total avoidance of confronting the obvious team spirit decline and inability to motivate and get a team up for games we really should be winning.

and the obvious media farce from the fall out from the dogs which has been hushed up somewhat by the board to avoid any more humiliation to our fallen hero we sadly call our manager.

Stop over reacting to my posts...I am just saying we have been picking up points...

Last eight games: D W D L W D L L

Out of those eight games we have played four of the top sides... Prespective please!

over the last 8 games we are 15th in the league.

its quite shocking is that...

so if you did take our first 7 games out we would be in big trouble.

other teams have hovered about the 10,9 and 8 positions,had steady results then upped it a gear,and we havent...they are now passing us and while there form and confidence is sky high ours is rock bottom...

if people still want this to continue it can only be bad for the club as a whole....next seasons season ticket sales will be hit hard.