The Jan Budtz Horror Show

Makes me laugh how people see the game! Now don't get me wrong, Budtz is one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt BUT that 2nd goal...he had to head the ball...plain and simple. It was Hines who just :censored:ed about and made no attempt to get to it and once Budtz had headed it, Hines should've steamed to the goalline. But the dickhead just stops and then realises the ball's with an MK player and so he's got to do something, just far too late.

For me, Hines was most at fault for the 1st 3 goals...the 3rd is embarrasing and the TV replay doesn't show up how much. Before the chip over to their scorer, Hines was goal-flaming-side of him and just stays rooted. As for the 1st one, he's miles from his man and then does zilch when he goes in to tackle.

It was never going to be good with Hazell missing but my god, 2 of the worst players ever conjoured up a real horror show to which but for Gregan, who was left flapping at times coz of Hines, could've seen another 3 or 4 go in.

Take your point BB80.

However, what is telling is that Joe's 1st task was to send the 2 back to their clubs.

Hines looked ok in his 1st match but has regressed every match since culminating in Saturdays "showing." For me, Stam should have played but it appears that he fell out of Shez's plans for some reason. 1 thing I would say by the way is that I do not think that Stam is a Royle type of player, so if the big man stays beyond the end of the season, expect Stefan to be on the released list. This is just my opinion of what will happen. Persoanlly I like Stam, but he is in my eyes when everyone is fit and on form our 3rd best centre half.

Turning to Budtz, he was an emergency signing in the real sense of the word. We had no other choice unless Shez threw in young Bell. The managers call at the end of the day. However, I seriously consider him to be the worst keeper here in our time in this division and probably for a long time before that. Whilst all the blame cannot be attributed to him for each/any of the goals last saturday, he has to shoulder some of the blame for goals 1, 2 and 5, where I think most would accept that he "should have done better." Most will say he was unluckky for goal 6 where he gets credited with an own goal after the ball hits him after coming back off the post. However, imo, he was static and flat. Poor, poor, poor for a professional GK.

Cheers,

Harry

Take your point BB80.

However, what is telling is that Joe's 1st task was to send the 2 back to their clubs.

Hines looked ok in his 1st match but has regressed every match since culminating in Saturdays "showing." For me, Stam should have played but it appears that he fell out of Shez's plans for some reason. 1 thing I would say by the way is that I do not think that Stam is a Royle type of player, so if the big man stays beyond the end of the season, expect Stefan to be on the released list. This is just my opinion of what will happen. Persoanlly I like Stam, but he is in my eyes when everyone is fit and on form our 3rd best centre half.

Turning to Budtz, he was an emergency signing in the real sense of the word. We had no other choice unless Shez threw in young Bell. The managers call at the end of the day. However, I seriously consider him to be the worst keeper here in our time in this division and probably for a long time before that. Whilst all the blame cannot be attributed to him for each/any of the goals last saturday, he has to shoulder some of the blame for goals 1, 2 and 5, where I think most would accept that he "should have done better." Most will say he was unluckky for goal 6 where he gets credited with an own goal after the ball hits him after coming back off the post. However, imo, he was static and flat. Poor, poor, poor for a professional GK.

Cheers,

Harry

When you look at the bigger picture, those two loan signings alone could actually have cost us a playoff place.

Take your point BB80.

Cheers,

Harry

I thought even in Hines' 1st game that his constant ball watching and drifting up the pitch was putting our RB spot constantly under pressure. Other teams went on to exploit this in future games.

Agree about Stam...I know this is one of those "a mate of Stams" comments but I'm very reliably informed that Shez told Stam last week that he wasn't playing because "there are better players in the squad at present." That's fine if you say Hazell and Gregan but to play Hines was just a down right insult to Stam and to the fans IMO.

Finally, the Budtz thing...this is a big issue for me. I agree on how awful he is...the goal he let in through his hands vs Northampton was embarassing and when Shez went to 1 upfront, I couldn't see us getting out of the game with 3pts. Shez knew Norm was out for 3mths minimum, it was criminal not to get a keeper in straight away...no ifs, no buts. 2 years ago, Pogs got sent off at Vale and Taylor went in goal coz we had no other keeper. So to do it again was ridiculous...and ultimately, as OAFC1955 says, he and Hines may well have gone a long, long way to costing us our playoff place.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I didnt expect Budtz to be any good as it was a rushed signing at such short notice. Which as you say it shouldn't have been as we knew Crossley was out for months, even worse when it had happened the previous season and Sheridan still hadnt learnt from his mistakes. Crap decisions like that obviously were a factor in his demise.

His loan signings were shocking not just the quality of player brought in, but the positions at times he strengthend in.

For me, Windass, Ormerod, Hines etc were needless loan signings as they were no better than we currently had and hindered the development of players like Alessandra. Thankfully Jones and Goldbourne (to an extent) have been successes in the left back position - we still dont have a player contracted to us who is actually a left back or comfortable playing there at least since Simon Charlton. Madness.

I've turned this post into my opinions on Sheridan as I havent had chance to post in recent days!

The majority of his time as manager here saw us produce the best football i've seen since being an Oldham fan. The 3-0 win at Huddersfield was probably the best performance i've seen from an Oldham team in my time.

Bit sad how it has all ended but for me the change has come at the right time.

Cheers Shez!

But why the feck did you never replace Wellens!!!!! :angry:

Just watching the highlights, paused after their first goal.

What a pussy!!! No conviction what so ever, could easily have dived on that balled, but bottled it and let Wilbraham first to it. This guy should not be a keeper if he has no balls. Mark or Greg would have dived on that! In fact any keeper serious about making it in the game would have.

A joke of a clearance for the second then leaves the goal right open for them to tap it in.

3rd wasn't his fault

Could the ball be travelling any slower towards goal for the 4th? 99% sure Greg would have got to that!

Beaten at near post for the 5th, never a good sign.

What is that positioning for the 6th? Wtf? He even helps it in!

This guy should retire, he's beyond crap. Alan Blayney was better than this!

Everyone watch MKDons goal 4 again and tell me a diving Fleming would not save that!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies