Micky Quinn

Ron Futcher

Andy Ritchie

Frank Bunn

converting the Beast Man to CF

Graeme Sharp

Darren Beckford

Sean McCarthy

ok there were flops like Ormondroyd, Moulden, Currie (but both did a job in the Championship year) Banger and dare I say Philliskirk.

Wonder how TP's relationship with Royle will be as he didn't rate him once he signed him. Remember him playing Glenn Keeley at centre-forward with stunning success and Stevie Redmond with no success. One thing is for sure, looking back to last season when we were struggling against Hudds in the cup JR would not have waited until the last 3 minutes to stick Trotters up front, he would have been up there after about 20 minutes!

Ormondroyd was OK for us in the short time he was here. Banger tho was dire didnt he take about 2 years for a goal then score twice against sheff united and only ever scored one more after that - i was never sure why he was in the team

Edited by bluehobbit

Ormondroyd was OK for us in the short time he was here. Banger tho was dire didnt he take about 2 years for a goal then score twice against sheff united and only ever scored one more after that - i was never sure why he was in the team

I thought it was graeme sharp who signed nicky banger?

Hope he uses his City contacts to bring is Kasper and Daniel Sturridge!

danny sturridge yes indeedy....

could never understand why we didnt go back for him,we was told he could come then 3 strikers went down inside 2 days at citeh.....

could never understand why we didnt go back for him,we was told he could come then 3 strikers went down inside 2 days at citeh.....

I strongly suspect that if Sturridge were to go out on loan it would be to a Championship club, not a 3rd div side, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Hey but we ended up with Ormerod and Byfield :) good times :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

ok there were flops like Ormondroyd, Moulden, Currie (but both did a job in the Championship year) Banger and dare I say Philliskirk.

Ormondroyd and Banger might have been flops, but they scored against City when we played them in 1996?? so they werent all that bad in my book. :grin:

Edited by Rocky_Latic