Joe's last game in charge

Someone will probably shoot me down as stats aren't my forte, but I believe that Joe's last league game in charge of us was... home to Tranmere!

That ended up goalless so presumably, Joe's been waiting fourteen and a half years to put the record straight.

Ps. Any chance of Roger Palmer doing the half time draw on Saturday. Actually, on second thought's that might be too much all in one go :grin:

That's quite a keeper and back four.

I was super Sean's biggest fan but even I have to confess that opposition defenders mightn't have quite been shaking in their boots though.

What are yuo talking about? If McCarthorse didn't get them then Nicky Banger would have!

If only Stitch had had better luck with injuries :( Goodness knows where we would have been today....

What are yuo talking about? If McCarthorse didn't get them then Nicky Banger would have!

If only Stitch had had better luck with injuries :( Goodness knows where we would have been today....

It's a shame, as when they finally realised what the problem was he was in his mid-thirties and the operation kept him out for the best part of a year but it did allow him to play on far longer than he would have done. I remember his last first team appearnce when he came v wigan in an LDV tie in January 2001 Aged 41!

It was so unfortunate though that he only played a bit part in our first two seasons back in the top-flight, the third season he played most of the seson but it was clear to see that he was a shadow of his former self in a struggling team. The following season him and McCarthy struck up a decent partnership and hat-tricks in consecutive home games proved a fitting finale to his time at Boundary Park - as we all know that Sharp got rid of him at the end of the 94/95 season.

Edited by oafcprozac