Will Haining

How about a novel tactic - MAN MARKING!!!

You don't let the big forward wander about and get free headers and leave your supposedly "best" defender scratching his arse and mark a 10ft x 10ft box where he doesn't have to exert himself. Gregan should have followed Ricketts around the pitch.

Bad tactics by Latics

One for the midfield to pick up I'd say.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you honestly say that any of Allott/Whittaker/Maher/Lee/Eardley can prevent Ricketts winning headers? No, it should be Gregan taking responsibility.

You said:

Gregan should have followed Ricketts around the pitch

I don't think a centre half should follow somebody "around the pitch". Espeically one that was playing as deep as Ricketts did last time we played them.

As for the header he scored - perfect corner.

Edited by opinions4u

You said:

I don't think a centre half should follow somebody "around the pitch". Espeically one that was playing as deep as Ricketts did last time we played them.

As for the header he scored - perfect corner.

Ok, I'll concede that Gregan shouldn't follow Ricketts to the halfway line, but around the penalty area he should take control and my point still stands that Gregan doesn't get the better of the big forwards.