Will Haining

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haining didn't screw us out of money! He didn't tell the club he'd sign a new contract as the basis of us turning down a substantial offer for him in January. Will Haining served a long time at the club and earned his right to move on. Will Haining isn't a cnut. There's a big difference between Chris Porter and Will Haining.

Haining didn't screw us out of money! He didn't tell the club he'd sign a new contract as the basis of us turning down a substantial offer for him in January. Will Haining served a long time at the club and earned his right to move on. Will Haining isn't a cnut. There's a big difference between Chris Porter and Will Haining.

Completely agree in all honesty, but to be truthful it never sits right with me when any player opts for another club when he has the chance to play for us. Naive i know, but i half expect everyone who plays for us to show it the same affinity as meself - a bit of me doesn't like it/understand it when they dont.

So did Porter

We'd have got a fee for Porter if he'd stayed in England.

Haining was entitled to move for free at the end of his contract.

Porter said he'd sign - and cost the club (allegedly) in the region of £750k when he moved to Scotland.

Haining cost us nothing.

I'd have Haining back. Sure, he suffered a dip in form, but which of our squad hasn't? Was a decent, unspectacular, loyal pro - not injury-prone, not involved any booze-related aggro, not given to random spectacular cock-ups on the pitch (as far as I can remember!).

His form dipped, as did Pogs' coz Gregan came in, kept ballsing up and then proceeded to blame everyone right down to the tea lady for it! Haining will never come back here as long as Gregan's here...can tell you that now!

As for wanting him back, I'd love him back if his fitness is A1. Had an interesting chat about his training methods once, whereby Will had been told to change how he started off running due to his injury problems. The sudden, fast, sprint action when you set off running at full pelt was damaging to his hamstring problems and he'd been told to take off the starting pace and then build up to top speed. Hence, he often looked like he'd lost pace when he played. The idea was that over time, by doing this, he could improve it so eventually it'd be 100% and he could start off at top speed. Something like that...I'm no physio. Anyway, it seems it's worked as he's had a fairly decent record where he's been injury free. And I'd welcome him back in that case.

His form dipped, as did Pogs' coz Gregan came in, kept ballsing up and then proceeded to blame everyone right down to the tea lady for it! Haining will never come back here as long as Gregan's here...can tell you that now!

As for wanting him back, I'd love him back if his fitness is A1. Had an interesting chat about his training methods once, whereby Will had been told to change how he started off running due to his injury problems. The sudden, fast, sprint action when you set off running at full pelt was damaging to his hamstring problems and he'd been told to take off the starting pace and then build up to top speed. Hence, he often looked like he'd lost pace when he played. The idea was that over time, by doing this, he could improve it so eventually it'd be 100% and he could start off at top speed. Something like that...I'm no physio. Anyway, it seems it's worked as he's had a fairly decent record where he's been injury free. And I'd welcome him back in that case.

Somebody say Haining wasn't prone to an injury??

Too slow, thanks bu no thanks.