Will Haining

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A month later, sure, get him back.

Gregan is getting on, not sure whether a Gregan in decline on a hefty wage is better than having a prime Haining.

I don't like Gregan's lack of pace, when he comes up against a pacey striker he usually gets shown up, then again though he wins everything against a tall target man like striker.

Tough choice.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Linky

Would you have him back?

(did he ever manage to sell his Royton house?)

i live up in scotland and saw an interview a couple of months ago with him and he was asked if he would be renewing his contract, his words were hes looking for a move back to england to what he knows!!!!!

so thats probably worse wages with the latics!

A month later, sure, get him back.

Gregan is getting on, not sure whether a Gregan in decline on a hefty wage is better than having a prime Haining.

I don't like Gregan's lack of pace, when he comes up against a pacey striker he usually gets shown up, then again though he wins everything against a tall target man like striker.

Tough choice.

Yes, Gregan reads the game well but he doesn't dominate the big forwards any more. Two examples this season have been Ricketts and Howard who both got the upper hand.

I think it's time for him to call it a day in my book.

Yes, Gregan reads the game well but he doesn't dominate the big forwards any more. Two examples this season have been Ricketts and Howard who both got the upper hand.

You can add Savage to that list too.

We're going to pay up on that 3 year contract we gave him in February?

Can't see it myself.

If there's one player to surely be here next season it's Rubes.

2 year

and if whoever is in charge says 'sorry rubes your not going to be playing under me' it will be in his best interests to go

We're going to pay up on that 2 year contract extension we gave him in February?

Can't see it myself.

If there's one player to surely be here next season it's Rubes.

whilst i dont think he will get rid of him,i do think he wont get as many games.

haining could probably still do a job for us,unless he has lost his speed then no point.

the only real point in him being here would be to look at marshys arse again

whilst i dont think he will get rid of him,i do think he wont get as many games.

haining could probably still do a job for us,unless he has lost his speed then no point.

the only real point in him being here would be to look at marshys arse again

I never thought he had it to lose to be honest! :wink:

I think with Haining it will be a gamble. He pulled off some good performances...but when fit!

He seemed to run all the time as though he was carrying a knock or pulled something.

Rubes, on current form, can go for me. He's been personally responsible for about 4-5 goals this season due to major gaffes. He's been on Soccer AM more times than I care to remember.

Greegs can stay as back up for a final year.

We need a couple of Trotmans along side Jonesey and a new right back. Sorry Neal.

Edited by Snookmeister

Ricketts played deep and wasn't available for Greegs to dominate. Good tactics by Walsall.

Ricketts played deep and wasn't available for Greegs to dominate. Good tactics by Walsall.

[/quote

How about a novel tactic - MAN MARKING!!!

You don't let the big forward wander about and get free headers and leave your supposedly "best" defender scratching his arse and mark a 10ft x 10ft box where he doesn't have to exert himself. Gregan should have followed Ricketts around the pitch.

Bad tactics by Latics