Sweet Question

lookers87

A bit of help required people...we have a range of bespoke sweets (any colour, any flavour) and we have made some (old-fashioned style) Latics Mints (blue and white). I've spoken to Alan Hardy about these and also about whether they would be interested in stocking a range of old-fashioned sweets in the catering outlets and shop on matchdays - improve the selection so to speak. That was left with the caterers a couple of months ago and not even a reply from them!

Anyway, would just like your opinions on if you think a Latics Mint (poss available via other retailers/pubs etc) may be a good idea (proceeds to club/foundation)?

Also, if the club was to stock a better range of sweets (esp old-fashioned ones) on match days these would be a good idea?

And finally any ideas on what your favourite sweets would be??

Obviously I am keen for the club to take their share of revenue from this via all routes to market. And I promise if I make a fortune from the sweet shop I'll be looking to plough some into the club :wink:

I think we should "build" our own taste of sweet, like Willie Wonka...

First the shape - a gobstopper, the biggest gobstopper one could have in the mouth - this will limit the amount of abuse the team gets whilst the owner of said sweet sucks hard - in more ways than one. Downside of course is that the singing will be affected too but meh - remember, it's a fantasy thing...

The colour blue and tangerine stripes of course, yes it'll make your eyes go funny but it'll look the part.

The taste? Cool mint, with a balti pie kick.

Big Joe's Mintballs might run into copyright problems, but the flavour of Uncle Joe's or Rushton's in a blue and white variety would be perfect.

Uncle Joes mintballs are the finest sweets ever. There is never a game in winter where they fail to warm me up. They truly do "keep you aglow".

Big Joe's Mintballs might run into copyright problems, but the flavour of Uncle Joe's or Rushton's in a blue and white variety would be perfect.

Funnily enough I've asked Uncle Joe's to manufacturer - not that they will be UJ mintballs...still the blue and white...but there may just be a hint!

I think we should "build" our own taste of sweet, like Willie Wonka...

First the shape - a gobstopper, the biggest gobstopper one could have in the mouth - this will limit the amount of abuse the team gets whilst the owner of said sweet sucks hard - in more ways than one. Downside of course is that the singing will be affected too but meh - remember, it's a fantasy thing...

The colour blue and tangerine stripes of course, yes it'll make your eyes go funny but it'll look the part.

The taste? Cool mint, with a balti pie kick.

Like it! We need to be careful on the gobstopper shape, don't want one accidentally being spat onto the pitch in a Leeds game and their bench complaining it looks like one of the footballs.

Maybe we could provide similar 'sweets' to the singers with a soothing centre, thereby providing the singers with a clear throat ready for the 2nd half.

Re: the gobstoppers, everyone should have 2 (including the manager/bench) should they deem anyone to be in need of further silence. Said gobstoppers can then be handed over either politely or in whatever way they deem necessary!!