Just read the top 3 posts on here....

"It wasnt supposed to turn out like this"

"Smalley"

"That's it...off I go..."

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.....

F*** OFF!

Original posters.....please!!!!!!!!!......You're scum! Go support them!

What? Royle was gunna rub a magic cloth over the ball? They were gunna become the red scums protege overnight?

Just f&&& off!!!

Yes....so disappointing today....yes we didn't perform and Royle has a lot to do. But come on...we played a side today who didnt need a team talk. A side who looses silly games but beats the top ones.

HOLD ON!!!! SOUND FAMILIAR?????????????????

You lot who are spouting :censored:e on here....just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Someone who's drank lots of beer.

Seriously? Are you not reading what I am???

"Smalley? Finished!"......."Im a life long fan"....yeah, course you are...

:censored: ...just utter :censored: !

Just don't get it...I'm sooooo disappointed tonight but what are we to do? Rip into the kids? Blame Royle? Or just admit a good side beat us and we've deep rooted problems like we've several who don't wanna go up or would love to but know they'd be out of a job tomorrow.

Instead we get the same old :censored:e on here!

Edited by Markoasis
swearing

If Lee Hughes has been out tonight theres a good chance they could be

and that just goes to prove his point doesnt it....

in all honesty you could see the floaters leaving enmass once the second went in....i was sat there whilst the added 3 mins were played and looked round to see the good old regulars.

one bloke walking out waving cheerio to the bench and making a throat cut gesture got a verbal volley from my good self,cant be doind with toatl tossers like that.

miracles dont happen overnight....we as adults should know that.

it is now blatantly obvious that the team simply isnt good enough,and if joe could bring in 8 players he probably would do.

huge huge task on his hands now to finish off the season in a reasonable fashion,if he is in charge next season i reckon only 3 or 4 will survive the exodus,they simply arent good enough,and he now knows it.

Guest sheridans_world

Gotta say, its amazing how the part-timers show up.

Like I've said before, cant wait for the next home game, back to normal in the stands.

And I hope the original posters of all 3 get run over tomorrow!

"It wasnt supposed to turn out like this"

"Smalley"

"That's it...off I go..."

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.....

F*** OFF!

You're scum! Go support them!

What? Royle was gunna rub a magic cloth over the ball? They were gunna become the red scums protege overnight?

Just f&&& off!!!

Yes....so disappointing today....yes we didn't perform and Royle has a lot to do. But come on...we played a side today who didnt need a team talk. A side who looses silly games but beats the top ones.

HOLD ON!!!! SOUND FAMILIAR?????????????????

You lot who are spouting :censored:e on here....just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarcasm's lost on you then, Sir ??? Get to :censored: yer sen - it's a messageboard FFS....take none of it seriously. None of it.

and that just goes to prove his point doesnt it....

in all honesty you could see the floaters leaving enmass once the second went in....i was sat there whilst the added 3 mins were played and looked round to see the good old regulars.

one bloke walking out waving cheerio to the bench and making a throat cut gesture got a verbal volley from my good self,cant be doind with toatl tossers like that.

miracles dont happen overnight....we as adults should know that.

it is now blatantly obvious that the team simply isnt good enough,and if joe could bring in 8 players he probably would do.

huge huge task on his hands now to finish off the season in a reasonable fashion,if he is in charge next season i reckon only 3 or 4 will survive the exodus,they simply arent good enough,and he now knows it.

Indeed...still clapped them off. Not for the want of trying in most quarters. Some too casual tho...

End of the day the desire for some of them aint there....

Does Gregan really want to go up?

Does Allott or Whitaker believe he can make it at a higher level?

Is Hughes in a small, warm pond of water?

Will Jones be here come June?

Is Eardley waiting for the summer until a club comes and gambles on him?

Do very very raw good players like Smalley and Alessandra look at the rest in the side and feel that the world is resting on their shoulders coz nobody else is grabbing it by the balls???

Will Hughes EVER score a one on one???

If anyone wants to discuss the above then hey....I'll drop the profanities and we'll have a discussion!!!

Indeed...still clapped them off. Not for the want of trying in most quarters. Some too casual tho...

Do very very raw good players like Smalley and Alessandra look at the rest in the side and feel that the world is resting on their shoulders coz nobody else is grabbing it by the balls???

If anyone wants to discuss the above then hey....I'll drop the profanities and we'll have a discussion!!!

this is something that has been mentioned before...players feeling that if they go up they wont have a club as they dont think they can cut it.....

and i seriously questioned it meself once or twice,and came to the conclusion that there proffessional footballers,being paid handsomely to do something we can only dream of,and that it would be very unproffessional if that is indeed what they do,or have done.

then we start this season all guns blazing and those fears dissappear.....but then things go tits up again and we hear of the inside turmoil and in fighting and wonder if it is simply that after all.

you can imagine players like lewis smalley lomax and taylor saying,come on guys,we want to play at a higher level,were pulling our tripe out most weeks and your not even trying.

then you hear of reports taylor gets a dig of such a body....and it really does make you wonder.

give or take 3 or 4 players,i dont think i have ever witnessed a team so bereft of ideas and motivation,lack of inspiration and energy,and a total disregard for the fans and manager alike.

one thing i do know,joe royle wont suffer fools gladly,and if anybody can sort it out he can,they certainly wouldnt play like that if they were his players.

this is something that has been mentioned before...players feeling that if they go up they wont have a club as they dont think they can cut it.....

and i seriously questioned it meself once or twice,and came to the conclusion that there proffessional footballers,being paid handsomely to do something we can only dream of,and that it would be very unproffessional if that is indeed what they do,or have done.

then we start this season all guns blazing and those fears dissappear.....but then things go tits up again and we hear of the inside turmoil and in fighting and wonder if it is simply that after all.

you can imagine players like lewis smalley lomax and taylor saying,come on guys,we want to play at a higher level,were pulling our tripe out most weeks and your not even trying.

then you hear of reports taylor gets a dig of such a body....and it really does make you wonder.

give or take 3 or 4 players,i dont think i have ever witnessed a team so bereft of ideas and motivation,lack of inspiration and energy,and a total disregard for the fans and manager alike.

one thing i do know,joe royle wont suffer fools gladly,and if anybody can sort it out he can,they certainly wouldnt play like that if they were his players.

Couldn't have put that better! And there were some of that, for me, 2yrs ago (before anyone says Shez this and that)...that were the same (Shez signings etc)

If only for a Wellens or Taylor or two........

I have to agree with this and have been feeling it for sometime that we have players who are decent league 1 players but who are afraid of going higher up because they will be exposed. No doubt this summer we will be having a massive clearout I would certainly hope so and the players we bring in must be on the prerequisite of having the desire to be established championship players within 3 years.

It did strike me that for far too many Oldham fans of the younger generation there is something of a fairy story attached to the Royle years, as if we won every game 6-0.

And for some who do remember the early 90s, I get the feeling the only match they actually remember was the 6-0 battering of West Ham.

So...

Joe comes back and these poor souls actually expect us to go out there and beat the Trannies 6-0 and are dumbfounded, nay heartbroken when we don't.

Ah well...

It did strike me that for far too many Oldham fans of the younger generation there is something of a fairy story attached to the Royle years, as if we won every game 6-0.

there was a guy sat in front of me in the RRE sending a text message after about 20 minutes - "at the match it's like watching paint dry - makes me embarrased to be from Oldham". What do you expect when you come to 3rd division football? Messi and seals?

Anyway I'd be more embarrased by the :censored:take tattoos on your neck if I was you...

Guest oa_exile
What do you expect when you come to 3rd division football?

All I expect is for the players to show commitment, sadly which has been missing this season.

Even the die-hards like myself are struggling to get to BP.

Bottom line is if they cant be arsed then why should I,would rather put my £20 in an envelope and post it to AH than come out feeling pissed off and ruining my weekend....week in week out.

EDIT : Typo ( Blood boiling)

Sunday morning and still pissed off ! (Not good)

Edited by oa_exile

All I expect is for the players to show commitment, sadly which has been missing this season.

Even the die-hards like myself are struggling to get to BP.

Bottom line is if they cant be arsed then why should I,would rather put my £20 in an envelope and post it to AH than come out feeling pissed off and ruining my weekend....week in week out.

EDIT : Typo ( Blood boiling)

Sunday morning and still pissed off ! (Not good)

Effort, commitment etc are quite hard to judge...only the player on the pitch knows just how much he is pushing himself, that said I really lost my rag with Eardley yesterday when he pulled out of a tackle with their black fella who's got dreads and stopped chasing for the ball down near the Chaddy End late on...looked to me like he was more arsed about getting injured and not playing for Wales than getting us into the Championship.

As Exile says, the fans just want to see effort and commitment...if we lose to a better team then of course it's disappointing but if the the lads have done their best it will be appreciated by the fans, but when they've not put 100% in it's very hard to take.

Effort, commitment etc are quite hard to judge...only the player on the pitch knows just how much he is pushing himself, that said I really lost my rag with Eardley yesterday when he pulled out of a tackle with their black fella who's got dreads and stopped chasing for the ball down near the Chaddy End late on...looked to me like he was more arsed about getting injured and not playing for Wales than getting us into the Championship.

As Exile says, the fans just want to see effort and commitment...if we lose to a better team then of course it's disappointing but if the the lads have done their best it will be appreciated by the fans, but when they've not put 100% in it's very hard to take.

yeah - but bleating after 20 minutes? that's my point - I don't remember us being out of it for the first half hour - I thought it was fairly even until fitness and confidence dropped. It was a comment about the floaters not about the poor effort yesterday.

there was a guy sat in front of me in the RRE sending a text message after about 20 minutes - "at the match it's like watching paint dry - makes me embarrased to be from Oldham". What do you expect when you come to 3rd division football? Messi and seals?

You can't have been that interested yourself if you were paying close enough attention to be able to read the bloke in the next row's texts.

I don't see why we can't expect watchable football at this level. We saw enough of it for part of Sheridan's first full season in charge and, at times, under Dowie.