Calling Barry Owen

This would be a good time for the fans rep on the board to make a statement. He brought him in......

"newyorkboss" was logged on here earlier. I thought he might comment but he's probably just gauging the reaction.

This would be a good time for the fans rep on the board to make a statement. He brought him in......

I dont agree.

Sure, it would be interesting to know the ins and outs of all the contract negotiations, loan offers, bust ups that go on at the club but come on, get real, they dont have to explain every single movement they make.

I would suggest that the owners of this club are far more transparent than many of their counterparts.

Statement:

"Team form wasn't good, results not going our way, Lee disappointed that the season is unlikely to end in promotion or play-offs and an opportunity for another challenge came up.

Joe considered this, together with the opportunity to freshen things up on the pitch, and made the decision to allow Lee to go out on loan if he so wished.

We're still hopeful that the remaining players can find the form needed to get us back in to the top six and finish the season with some genuine excitement."

Sound reasonable?

Or:

"The club has given up on promotion and is naffed off that Lee didn't sign the generous contract offered, despite no other club trumping it. We've pulled our offer and shipped him out on loan to get him of the wage bill. This gives us the chance to work out which players give us a chance next season - and cost a hell of a lot less".

Edited by opinions4u

Statement:

I just had a rare moment of clarity in my inner turmoil. Two things

1) We just sacked a long standing manager who had been a great servant to the club and who had never had us out of the top third and barely out of the top 6 all season

2) Most of us thought, however regretable, that this was the right thing to do.

(1) + (2) =

(3) Some big changes were needed, and we didn't wait until summer to sack Shez, so maybe we shouldn't wait until summer to make the changes that he didn't make, costing him his job?

I just had a rare moment of clarity in my inner turmoil. Two things

1) We just sacked a long standing manager who had been a great servant to the club and who had never had us out of the top third and barely out of the top 6 all season

2) Most of us thought, however regretable, that this was the right thing to do.

(1) + (2) =

(3) Some big changes were needed, and we didn't wait until summer to sack Shez, so maybe we shouldn't wait until summer to make the changes that he didn't make, costing him his job?

Best statement of the night i defo agree.

well played.