Next season starts now

I think I'll be miserable if you don't mind. It's going to be even worse next season with yet another manager to slag off, watching another team of loan signings from Championship clubs who couldn't care less.

This is what I mean. Why should a bunch of loanees and journeymen be committed to the club? They're paid a nice wage, much better than most people with real jobs, and they don't really expect to have to achieve anything.

Guest oa_exile
No offence, but I'm having trouble making sense of that.

No offence taken, we have the potential to have a core of 6000-7000 we just have to make the impact on the pitch.

the thing is im not even bothered i expected it lets start now get some stability

What does this mean in practice? The fact that Sheridan wasn't expected to break up his squad again last summer was supposed to provide stability. The whole of TTA's reign has been talked of in terms of establishing stability behind the scenes.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

No offence taken, we have the potential to have a core of 6000-7000 we just have to make the impact on the pitch.

Which brings us back to where this impact is going to come from when, like most clubs at this level, we have a pool of uncommitted loanees, mediocre journeymen and kids with stars in their eyes but lacking the ability to match from which to choose. It is the witnessing of this charade season after season which is causing the crowds to fall alarmingly.

Guest oa_exile
Which brings us back to where this impact is going to come from when, like most clubs at this level, we have a pool of uncommitted loanees, mediocre journeymen and kids with stars in their eyes but lacking the ability to match from which to choose. It is the witnessing of this charade season after season which is causing the crowds to fall alarmingly.

We have been here before (which I agree with you).........I will leave it at this which I have just posted on another thread

I agree on wages not transfer fees, come May there are always plenty of decent players out of contract.....just got to move in for them quickly

Only problem is choosing the right one's :wink:

So it has nothing to do with the credit crunch,non-smoking stadiums,sky+,premiership and a line of crap managers since Joe Royle.

Of course-falling crowds have everything to do with all of that. At this level those factors can only be offset by creating a successful side. That is the club's main failing.

Of course-falling crowds have everything to do with all of that. At this level those factors can only be offset by creating a successful side. That is the club's main failing.

And seeing yet another two clubs historically smaller than us, in Peterborough and MK Dons (yes, yes, I know), seemingly leaving us behind won't help the sense of disillusion that's set in amongst the hardcore.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

And seeing yet another two clubs historically smaller than us, in Peterborough and MK Dons (yes, yes, I know), seemingly leaving us behind won't help the sense of disillusion that's set in amongst the hardcore.

both with good management. I hope Joe gets his chance next season. otherwise god knows where latics go from here

both with good management. I hope Joe gets his chance next season. otherwise god knows where latics go from here

Our only hope lies in a manager who can both spot the ideal player for the kind of game played at this level and instil in each and every one of them the necessary pride in themselves and the club, and commitment to the cause.

A tall order under the circumstances I've described.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Bit harsh Pete, there are are plenty of Happy Clappers on here to go with the Doom & Gloomers

I don't get all this happy clap rubbish. People come on here and piss and moan, the same people saying the same shyte over and over and over.

Ok the season is over, we knew it was happening but now people are moaning about next season ALREADY (you muppets). Incase you forgot Joe Royle was appointed our manager, and everyone was optimistic that we had a brighter future, if not this season at least the next. What happened to that? Nothing the same still applys

Can't wait to see what Joe can do next season and what the team will look like assuming he does stay.

If you want to sit and be a depressed moaning old grumpy bastard then thats up to you, have fun with it. I think if you really are such emotionally fragile people you should be in a home of some sort.

Guest oa_exile
Depends who they appoint for me...

Fan moral is low but personally I would find it very difficult to "stay away" especially for a whole season , is that what you are implying you may do ? :blink:

Next season will be even harder with 3 of Southampton, Charlton, Norwich, Forest coming down. We're gonna have a clear out so like last season we won't gel, we certainly won't go and win 5 of our first 6 games so we won't have the boost of this season. We'll be stuck in mid table always just out of touching distance of the playoffs with the teams above us having games in hand. That's how it will go. If we do win the first 5 out of 6 games by some bizarre miracle we know that we've probably fluked it, again before we spiral down the table and even if we do get into the playoffs we'll probably lose which will make the season even more depressing.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

If you want to sit and be a depressed moaning old grumpy bastard then thats up to you, have fun with it. I think if you really are such emotionally fragile people you should be in a home of some sort.

This kind of sentiment is as stupid as it gets. There is no connection between 'sitting depressed and moaning, blah, blah, blah,' and looking squarely at the situation the club is in.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Good post Latics Pete spot on.

It hurts when the fringe fans start with the told you so having been proved correct that so much promise turns sour. How anyone can have a go at Joe is amazing the problems started pre Christmas, the Hughes/Taylor rumours fuelled it, lack of discipline, Windass etc. We have some good young players and some older ones just picking up pay. Back Joe (if he still wants it!!!) and clear out the deadwood or those not good enough.

So for me its the end of the road at BP for Hughes obviously, Gregan (and I was a big fan!), Lids, Stam, Crossley, Maher (not done a lot wrong but on a 12 month deal that runs out in May), Kabba, Wolfenden, Kalala, O'Grady, Lomax, Bell, Ferreira (couldnt afford his wages!) Paul Black ..good enough?

Keep Jones on loan for season if possible. Doesnt leave a lot!!!

2 Neal Eardley Defender

7 Danny Whitaker Midfielder

8 Mark Allott Midfielder

13 Greg Fleming Goalkeeper

14 Reuben Hazell Defender

18 Chris Taylor Midfielder

19 Kieran Lee Midfielder

20 Dale Stephens Midfielder

24 Deane Smalley Striker

25 Lewis Alessandra Striker

33 Ian Westlake Midfielder (IS HE GOOD ENOUGH?)

Few people are having a go at Joe. Some of those who dspair at yet another wasted season having been going to BP for decades.

What's a fringe fan? Do you mean a member of that large section of the Oldham public who just might be tempted along to BP on a regular basis, thus enabling the club to survive and prosper, if its intentions ever looked in any way serious?