Next season starts now

And I'm looking forward to it. A fresh start with either Joe or someone else. A cull of those who aren't upto it either physically or mentally.

What is required of us is a commitment to the club, and an acceptance that the sooner we get into a supporting the team mode the better. Too many on here are in a comfort zone of bitterness and negativity.

I am so so disappointed that we aren't going up. In 49 years of supporting I've seen good and bad and this hurts. Now it's up to everyone who really supports the club to show that.

And I'm looking forward to it. A fresh start with either Joe or someone else. A cull of those who aren't upto it either physically or mentally.

What is required of us is a commitment to the club, and an acceptance that the sooner we get into a supporting the team mode the better. Too many on here are in a comfort zone of bitterness and negativity.

I am so so disappointed that we aren't going up. In 49 years of supporting I've seen good and bad and this hurts. Now it's up to everyone who really supports the club to show that.

spot on

im sure we have been saying this at the end of every season

You prove my point. Are you at BP next season? Will you show support or are you happier to criticise, slag off, and be miserable?

He is perfectly entitled to be miserable,to slag off,or whatever!

The last few months have been nothing short of a disgrace!

If you want to keep smiling,then fair enough but many people won't be joining you Pete.

The trouble is that rallying calls on here won't get the Oldham public turning up when it looks to any casual observer like talk of promotion proved hollow once again. Even the hardcore seems to be finally melting away.

Where are the kind of players committed to the job going to come from in a game where the lower divisions, especially, are stuffed with journeymen to whom one stop off on their travels must look much the same as any other? We can't rely only on the youth for obvious reasons, and we've no evidence that they have any more stomach for the job than their mediocre older colleagues anyway

And then we have the matter of the heavily hinted at reduced budget.

You prove my point. Are you at BP next season? Will you show support or are you happier to criticise, slag off, and be miserable?

are u happy that every season we get let down also i didnt say i wasnt going to watch but just bored of hearing disillusioned fans saying the same stuff every year then point the finger at it the real world ppl

Edited by KUNGFOO

Im seriously considering if I should get a season ticket for next season the season started full of promise and is fininshing with unaceptable performances and with money tight i think a few might be thinking the same.

The trouble is that rallying calls on here won't get the Oldham public turning up when it looks to any casual observer like talk of promotion proved hollow once again. Even the hardcore seems to be finally melting away.

Where are the kind of players committed to the job going to come from in a game where the lower divisions, especially, are stuffed with journeymen to whom one stop off on their travels must look much the same as any other? We can't rely only on the youth for obvious reasons, and we've no evidence that they have any more stomach for the job than their mediocre older colleagues anyway

I'm not rising to you CJ. I support Latics , have done since 1960, will do until I'm not compus mentis.

Those on here who don't do that are the ones I'm really talking to. Conspicously quiet when we were doing well, garrulous when we're not.

Guest oa_exile
the thing is im not even bothered i expected it lets start now get some stability

I would think that the "Cull" is already in motion

Guest oa_exile
I'm not rising to you CJ. I support Latics , have done since 1960, will do until I'm not compus mentis.

Those on here who don't do that are the ones I'm really talking to. Conspicously quiet when we were doing well, garrulous when we're not.

Bit harsh Pete, there are are plenty of Happy Clappers on here to go with the Doom & Gloomers

Do us all a favour Corp. Go and get your tea and stop your usual diatribe now.There's a good chap.

I'm am going out as it happens. I notice you haven't refuted the obvious points I make, however.

And the lad above is perfectly correct-we do say these things each and every season and the result is always the same. And this season's attendances show that those who once kept the faith, as we like to put it, have lost it. Look at the number of the once fanatical on here who say they've had enough or are nearing the point.

Guest oa_exile
Look at the number of the once fanatical on here who say they've had enough or are nearing the point.

Aye, but they will all be back next season as keen as mustard

He is perfectly entitled to be miserable,to slag off,or whatever!

The last few months have been nothing short of a disgrace!

If you want to keep smiling,then fair enough but many people won't be joining you Pete.

Will you be supporting Latics next season? if you say yes, how? If you say no, end of conversation.

I'm not expecting you to rise to me. I'm just pointing out, in a reasonable manner, the reality of the situation. Where do you think the committed players are going to come from? Why do you think the crowds will not continue to fall after yet another season of disappointment? Will the budget not be cut despite the heavy hints from club officials recently?

What has how long you've supported the club got to do with anything? I suspect most of us n here have supported Latics since we were old enough to walk.

Bit harsh Pete, there are are plenty of Happy Clappers on here to go with the Doom & Gloomers

It's nott about being happy clappy. It's about being bitterly disappointed but still showing support. When times are hard that's when you dust yourself down. look to put things right, and start again.

We have to get rid of the journeymen and give youth a chance.

This season we've gone for too many old experienced players who had no passion desire or fitness!!.

Peterborough took the gamble and signed three from non league and they proved to be their key players.

I hope Joe stays...I think he will and if so for all what TTA have said I think they'll support him as best they can!!

Guest oa_exile
I'm not getting a season ticket next after 10 years of doing so, pick and choosing ftw.

Not the point,you will still be at BP :)

Guest oa_exile
It's nott about being happy clappy. It's about being bitterly disappointed but still showing support. When times are hard that's when you dust yourself down. look to put things right, and start again.

Is that aimed at Players or supporters ? get my drift :wink:

Guest oa_exile
As I say, not if the attendance figures are anything to go by.

Disagree you are talking about Ave att, support will be at BP for the first home game next season.